Appli Monsters Manga Chapter 12 Discussion

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this should have its own thread instead of just using the anime episode preview thread, even if there are still no threads for the other chapters.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The chapter's title is Gatch!! (ガッチ!!).
Here is the info I have from 2ch.

The power levels are as follows:
-Poseidomon: 405000
-Rebootmon: 420000
-Uranosmon: 435000
-Gaiamon: 450000
-Hadesmon: 472000
Those follow the expected power calculations with the Appli Drive DUO.

-There's no Yūjin betrayal subplot.
--2ch users believe the differences between the anime and the manga are to prevent spoilers for the anime. I'll assume that's also the reason Deusmon is an App Fusion here, which will obviously not be true in the anime. I'm pretty sure they only put that fusion in the 3DS game to make him obtainable, as he's the only God that doesn't look like its supposed Ultimate components. Spoiler prevention might also be why they went with strange decisions like having Hajime be inside Fakemon and Sleepmon being Leviathan.

-Deusmon is defeated by all the people lending their power in a way similar to the Genkidama in Dragon Ball or the golden book in Konjiki no Gash!!. There's also mentions that Leviathan was actually possessing Deusmon, if I translated it correctly, so she might not actually be a component.

-The last page features Eri, Astra, Knight, and Mienumon. No context is given, but it's mentioned that Eri and Astra have "good vibes".

-There's no mention by 2ch user of Minerva doing anything.

One 2ch user believes the reason the manga has only 12 chapters is due to budget. I don't know how realistic of a guess that is though, as this implies they had a similar budget to the XW manga and split into two different manga.

One thing that I want to mention. Remember the theory that Mienumon is connected to Minerva? Well, I was looking at Leviathan in the chapter cover, and I can't help but notice how she looks like Mienumon and Warudamon. Similar hair to Warudamon, color scheme also similar, and Leviathan's horns look like some thing that would come from Mienumon's headband if they were in the same evo line, even though we know they can't be. Also, Leviathan's L around her left eye (see last month's image) seems to connect to Mienumon's black eye and Warudamon's left cheek tattoo thing.
I don't know if any of this means anything, but I though I should point it out.

Also, for those who theorised the God forms are an Appmon + human fusion because of DCD's Bond Awakening, it at least doesn't seem to be so in the manga. If the humans were part of the fusion, I think someone would have mentioned it on 2ch by now. That said, if the spoiler prevention theory is correct, that doesn't mean it can't happen in the anime.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I missed your post because I was running down information from the same image ironically.

I believe the version I had was higher resolution so I swapped out your link for an image embed so everyone can see it with no issues.

It's a very nice chapter cover.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who is that female looking Appmon on the cover below Hackmon?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think the length of the manga has anything to do with budget, if anything the budget was probably decided to fit the planned length of the manga in the first place. I mean that the manga ends just around a month before the anime is surely no coincidence, they were both designed to last around a year which for a monthly manga just happens to be 12 chapters.
With a manga that's basically an alternate version of events for the anime I don't think it would much sense to have it running long after the anime ends. V-Tamer and Next weren't really directly tied to any anime so they were pretty much independent and the Xros Wars manga was able to go on for as long as it did because Xros Wars itself went for longer than other seasons, from 2010 to 2012 just under 2 years so the manga ended up with 21 chapters while also ending around the same time as the anime.

Who is that female looking Appmon on the cover below Hackmon?
It's Vegasmon.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing that I want to mention. Remember the theory that Mienumon is connected to Minerva? Well, I was looking at Leviathan in the chapter cover, and I can't help but notice how she looks like Mienumon and Warudamon. Similar hair to Warudamon, color scheme also similar, and Leviathan's horns look like some thing that would come from Mienumon's headband if they were in the same evo line, even though we know they can't be. Also, Leviathan's L around her left eye (see last month's image) seems to connect to Mienumon's black eye and Warudamon's left cheek tattoo thing.
I don't know if any of this means anything, but I though I should point it out.
Thanks for the info. Since introduction of Minerva as Leviathan's mother app, I've been curious about her possible connection with Minerva and wherever I mentioned this possibility, it got rejected by most of people as soonas possible. So at least in the manga, there wasn't any specific connection according to your post. If she end up being an unrelated entity in anime too, that would be my defeat.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New details on the chapter and a few corrections via Dimensão Digimon:
-Dantemon appears in order to help defeat Deusmon.
-Minerva helps Haru to communicate with the rest of the people around the world, asking them to touch some kind of applicative in ther mobile phones.
-The last page shows that Haru has the applications "Minerva" and "Leviathan" in his phone.
-Bootmon appears as Onmon.
I really hope this cutie appears in the anime too, and Offmon has the chance to apologize for finishing him off before. That would be super tender!

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least in the manga Minerva has a little of screentime...

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoping that we get one shot of Manga Yuujin goes to anime world like Road to Sakura.
Seeing his robot self he goes, "Holey Sheet! WTF!?"

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just read the chapter.

It's kinda 'meh' compared to the anime thus far, honestly. The anime has too much filler, but the complete lack of substance is the manga is kinda disappointing.

Adding to G-Santos' notes:

It opens with Knight taunting Haru, but then Deusmon stating that now Knight is unnecessary and he blasts at him, but Haru and Gatchmon save him.

From there, the entire chapter is basically them slowly building to the giant spirit bomb. First the applidrivers all summon their shiny new Ultimate 4 chips (and Bootmon) and then fuse them into the five God Grades with little fanfare.

Then they use their DUOs and Insertion to go into Overdrive Mode, which starts draining the Applidrivers' life forces. So Minerva suggests they ask for help.

So they basically just hack people's phones and just straight up ask through messages. When that doesn't reach enough people, Eri and Astra use their fame to reach a bunch of people at once. (this all happens in like 1 page...) Amusingly, neither Ai nor Watson make an appearance here. But the kid they mostly feature reading these messages on his phone has an Agumon Dot-Art T-shirt on.

Then Dantemon shows up, deflecting a blast aimed at Gaiamon and Haru, and he says he'll defend them while they power up.

The other God Grades attack, but it doesn't stop Deusmon, so they ALSO decide to lend their power to Haru.

Then all of the Appmon chips they've collected up to this point pop out and say that they're going to lend their power too!

It all goes into one huge Insertion Overdrive.

Deusmon attempts to stop them with his Initial Zero All End attack but Gaiamon's power pierces right through it with his Ultimate Adamas attack, finishing off Deusmon in one hit.

The only good part of the chapter happens here. Haru goes over to the slowly-dissipating Deusmon and reaches out his hand, basically saying that since he and Gatchmon are friends, it's proof that AI and Humans can live together peacefully without the Human Applification Project. Then he basically explains human emotions to an AI with the logic that the AI doesn't have to understand the logic of emotions, just accept that they exist and are beneficial for creating the kind of world everyone wants. It's simple, but I like the message.

Before Deusmon/Leviathan can respond to Haru's offer of forgiveness, the scene ends.

We're then shown that everyone is having a celebration party in Ai's basement: The Applidrivers, their Buddies, some of the 7-codes, some of the random Appmon they've saved along the way, Hajime, Onmon, Ai, Watson (looking shocked to see a real live Appmon like Offmon trying to offer him some food), some Flickmon and Tapmon who are apparently Eri fans, Knight (who apparently has been forgiven), Mienumon (similarly forgiven along with her former underlings Docmon and Vegasmon), AND... Minerva and Leviathan, who just appear as app icons on Haru's phone.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That ending looks quite interesting to be honest, I hope we see something similar in the anime

wtfzee_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But, wait...
So, Rebootmon is still Yujin's buddy in the manga?!