App Jogress - The evolution mode in Universe

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DNA Digivolution in Digimon Universe

The Digimon in the new season evolves through a Fusion, they call it "Combine App", but the functionality is exactly the same as the Jogress (DNA Digivolution).
Look at the example in the image:

Paildramon is the result of the fusion between ExVeemon and Stingmon, but with ExVeemon as the main.
Dinobeemon is the result of the fusion between ExVeemon and Stingmon, but with Stingmon as the main.
DoGatchmon is the result of the fusion between Gatchmon and Navimon, but with Gatchmon as main.

The Fusion is done only to create evolution for one of the two. The evolution ends up gaining parts of the two Digimon, but with a much greater presence for the main.

So in summary: We can say that Digimon Universe uses DNA Digivolution as the normal and main form of evolution.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's not Jogress Evolution just because that's not the term used in-universe. But yeah, the parallels are obvious and have been pointed out often.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's the same thing, just a different name, at one point I even remember Gatchmon referring to DoGatchmon as his "Chou Shinka" or Super Evolution.

Imo the term App Gattai or App Fusion makes more sense, since jogress is a made up word anyway.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon in the new season evolves through a Fusion, they call it "Combine App", but the functionality is exactly the same as the Jogress (DNA Digivolution). The Fusion is done only to create evolution for one of the two. The evolution ends up gaining parts of the two Digimon, but with a much greater presence for the main.
That's just a misconception that refuses to die out.

The vast majority of species has been used as Jogress Evolution products somewhere in the franchise at some point in time, be it in a video-game or on a card or an anime-series or a V-Pet. Nowhere (or as best I know, at least) was it demonstrated that the materials used had a direct influence upon the appearance of the formed Digimon.