Anyone here know a person who likes to flip flop on the games/systems they like?

Seph64

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do, he's my brother.

First: PS3 is teh coolest thing evar!
Second: OMG PS3 = $600? Noes! Wii here I come!
Third: The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion a PS3 launch title? Screw Wii, PS3 am love.

He flip flops more than anyone I know. I wish he'd pick a system and stick with it.

gerjomarty

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's good that people aren't rigidly stuck to buying a console or a particular Company's console. I know there are alot of Nintendo fans here that will buy the Wii and not PS3 or XBox 360 just because it's Nintendo. At least have a reason as to why you do want to buy it, like a particular game, the price etc.

Whatever you spend on a console, be it $600 or something smaller, it's still alot of money and should be spend wisely, and all the facts should be weighed up carefully. I think it's good that there is competition in the console market with people flip flopping to different systems.

I'm ucrrently flip-flopping between Wii and PS3 too. I don't think the Wii will have many good games and I'm not sure that the Wiimote will stand the test of time or the test of my patience, but the PS3 is about 3 times the price and in the UK has now been put back to April next year, while the Wii is out in December, before Christmas. I'm also flip flopping as to whether I should buy a DS or not, yes for Digimon Story, Pokemon D/P, the stylus and sudoku on the move, no for not travelling enough to use it that much, the price tag and any other games I would like besides the three aforementioned ones.

DeathGaogamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Anyone here know a person who likes to flip flop on the games/systems they l

Im getting Wii because I love Nintendo, the Price, games, the controllers looks like a lot of fun, lots of stuff

Seph64

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Anyone here know a person who likes to flip flop on the games/systems they l

gerjomarty said:
I think it's good that people aren't rigidly stuck to buying a console or a particular Company's console. I know there are alot of Nintendo fans here that will buy the Wii and not PS3 or XBox 360 just because it's Nintendo. At least have a reason as to why you do want to buy it, like a particular game, the price etc.
What I mean is, that my bro constantly flip flops. It's true that one can choose many different things, but he just can't choose with a firm stance on what he wants to get.

And if he is counting on getting one this year, he better have a lot of money in the bank because we don't have the kind of money to buy a $600 machine. For $600 I could build a PC that'd play the PC version of Oblivion on a good setting (if I use some older parts from an old PC like the Network card, audio card and hard drives and possibly the CD/DVD Drives).

jfred

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, I'm a Nintendo fan, but I'm not stuck to one company. In fact, I believe my first current-gen console was an XBOX. Then again, I'm going to buy the Wii first because of its price... and Zelda. I flip-flop on games and toys a lot, though. Example:

Hmm... I think I want a Digivice.
Next day: Ooh! I want that new game!
Next day: Eh... I think I want the Digivice more.
Next day: Oh look! A new game!

I don't really know of anyone who flip-flops on consoles as much as your brother.

*NightFire*

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't flip-flop on systems.

I'm pretty much firm on what console I want to get. Besides, the Wii's the cheapest 7th-gen console I can afford with my family's current budget.

As for games... that's another story. ;)

J

Jadoi

Lightmon said:
I don't flip-flop on systems.

I'm pretty much firm on what console I want to get.  Besides, the Wii's the cheapest 7th-gen console I can afford with my family's current budget.

As for games... that's another story. ;)
Sorry about that... I'm the same as Nightfire on this one.
Games are confusing to solve if you can't find the right one.

Master Link

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of the entire world would be like this. That's because it depends on the games and what people prefer. I know people growing up that owned an NES but then went bought a Sega Genesis, then a Playstation, and then an X-Box.

That's because as time goes by different systems get the better selection of certion games that people like and so they just buy what they prefer.

Seph64

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

True true, but his tastes keeps changing, like every month or so. That's not normal!

And we're a family who wants it all...

1st Generation we had interest in gaming systems: NES
2nd: SNES, Genesis
3rd: 2x PSX, 2x N64, 1x Saturn
4th: Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox

Those are the consoles we own.

But I doubt we can keep that up considering that the XBox 360 with the stuff we want is around $400 or something. PS3 = $600. The only system in our current price range is the Wii.

jfred

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I flip-flop on games nearly every day. I know it's not normal, but one day I'll want Digimon Story, and the next I'll be going out to buy a Pokemon game. Then I end up with a few Wonderswan games...

Toraneko

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lmao, I've been doing that with Pokemon and Digimon lately, especially with all those rumours of a December release date for D/P... Sigh.