Another armor-spirit idea for a new digimon series after fusion?

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm new here.

I wish there was a new armor concept after Fusion like with Frontier. Except I'm thinking of something better. Returning to the human-digimon partnership since Adventure...

- Like with the human & beast spirits, the beast becomes the human while the human becomes the beast.
- Both digimon and human become infused into one.

Each armor will come from these families
- Virus Busters
- Dragon's Roar
- Wind Guardians
- Deep Savers
- Jungle Troopers
- Nature Spirits
- Metal Empire
- Nightmare Soldiers

The Dark Area will be the enemy.

We got the Seven Demon Lords, how about Seven Angels this time to complete them? Plus the Olympus Twelve can be the allies if possible.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like to see elements from the first three Digimon World games used as the basis of a new anime.

Here is an abridged version of the plots.

World 1: the antagonist is a Human (Analogman) and was the first human seen in the Digital World for centuries. So the Digimon are leery of the Human Protagonist due to past experiences with the Antagonist.

World 2: Humans and Digimon live together in the Digital World and fight against Feral Digimon and a group of Evil Tamers. But it is all being manipulated by a third force in the shadows (Overlord GAIA) who has altered the memories of the Human and Digimon populace for it's own twisted gain, using the conflict to further it's own Evolution.

World 3: The Villains (the cyber terrorist group A.o.A) are secretly running a lot of things in the background and the main antagonist (Lord Megadeath) is neither a Human or a Digimon but has been working on using the data of Digimon to try and create a new series of Digimon whose evo's will allow it to rule both worlds.

To this end while Tamers exist en masse the villains are able to disable most of them and cut off communication between the worlds, leaving the Digimon and now Tamers trapped in the Digital World while the villains can attack both worlds. It is up to some rank amateurs to try and save the two worlds with the aid of a handful of other more experienced Tamers that were not taken out and are running a "resistance" movement.

Any of these plots from the World games would make for an interesting story for an anime, and would be a nice nostalgic callback for those who played the games.

Given that they seem to be going for nostalgia while unlikely to happen this would likely to draw in some attention.

I suppose they could be made as a series of OVA's based on the games, like the upcoming Tri being an OVA continuation of Adventure, but again it is unlikely to happen.

But back on topic.

Anyone of these presents a good excuse to bring back "Armor Digimon" as it is an Ancient form of Evolution that the Big Bad would most likely not be aware of.

That is something people forget, it was used because it was so old most beings in the Digital World would not even remember it, much less realize how to counter it's use.

As such the Dark Spires in 02, which were made to counter the Chosen Children's power to Evolve their Partners had no way to counter the Digimentals.

All three of the first Digimon World games revolved around "Out of Context Problems". So throwing in Armor Evolution as an "Out of Context Problem" for Villains makes sense.

Hell one of the Royal Knights is an Armor Digimon so they can get to be pretty damned powerful.

And as a side note I really like the idea of having a new Digimental for each of the Fields/Families.

Hell I have notes on making the Digimental of Desire from the Wonderswan games into a "Dragon's Roar" based one that evolves Digimon into Dragon types, whereas the Digimental of Tenacity would be based on Nature Spirits.

I could post them if you would like.

Now if if one where to name them for each of the families in this manner what would you call them?

Last edited:

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was talking about the "spirits" in Frontier.

This new one would go like this:

The "spirit armor" used to be one like the Ancient digimon. But when the humans find one, it split into two: the human & beast.

The human armor would bond with the human and the beast spirit would take physical digimon form and become its partner.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now if if one where to name them for each of the families in this manner what would you call them?
Ideas based from the Shard cards in Elements CCG.

Dragon's Roar: Digimental of Readiness
Nature Spirits: Digimental of Wisdom
Wind Guardians: Digimental of Freedom
Jungle Troopers: Digimental of Gratitude
Deep Savers: Digimental of Patience
Metal Empire: Digimental of Focus
Virus Busters: Digimental of Divinity
Nightmare Soldiers: Digimental of Void
Dark Area: Digimental of Sacrifice
Unknown: Digimental of Serendipity

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...