Animation solves everything!

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I think everyone knows, there are a lot of strange digivolution lines out there, (both official and fan-made ones) in the case of official medias I think the worse offender is by far being digimon xros wars: the young hunters who leapt through time, with lines such as Opossummon to Cho-Hakkaimon, Dracmon to Yasyamon, etc. That being said, even if these lines don't make much sense initially, the animation does a amazing job making you buy them through the transformation scenes (Dracmon to Yasyamon being my favorite). So with that in mind, I think it would be fun if we did something similar, so I'm making this game!

The rules are simple, just pick two or more digimon who don't look related and describe how an digievolution animation of the two would play out.

Exemple:
Sukamon to Digmon: the animation starts with sukamon spinning on itself, to the point it becomes so fast all the yellow slime flys off its body reveling a drill where sukamon once was, after this it cuts to chuumon, who had also been flung way, he first looks around cofused just to then start running way terrified as he sees a barrage of slime flying in his direction, the yellow goo eventually catches up with chuumon, engulfing it, when this is done the yellow pile starts molding into what resembles digmon's body, then, at last, the big arthropod spreads its wings, flying in the direction of the drill sukamon once was and finally becoming digmon.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Sukamon -> Digmon was honestly really funny so fair play mate

Digitamamon -> Titamon is treated as canon, so I guess one day Digitamamon just explodes/hatches and a giant Titan thing comes out roaring loudly

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol i can totally see Digitamamon busting with the swollen Titamon erupting from it, though how are you gonna make Ogremon to Digitamamon?

Guardromon to Nanomon is considered a thing so how about Guardromon enter evo screen and starts punching his arms into his own body tearing out wires, frames, armor plates till only Nanomon remains.

nice topic btw i have thought about it before and it surely makes some strange evos believable, just like Togemon to lilymon.

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Best thing I can think of is ogremon throwing his bone club up, striking a cool action pose and extending his arm in the air as if he's gonna catch it when it falls back, failing miserably, with the club bouncing off his head just before it explodes in flame of energy encapsulating poor ogremon inside the egg.

Also I really like your guardromon to nanomon digivolution, good one.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol i can totally see Digitamamon busting with the swollen Titamon erupting from it, though how are you gonna make Ogremon to Digitamamon?
He makes a cocoon, expect it doesn't cover his feet for some reason and after 10 mins he realises he needs air, so punches a hole in the front

Now I want a new move for Digitamamon where it attack is Ogremon punching through the hole

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want all Frontier spirit evolutions in Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers aka Ronin Warriors style. Just admit flashing chuunibyou stances along with scrolls + sakura petals is something really epic to witness!

If possible, they could make the evolution screens go hardgore in Daizengar+Aussenseiter animation style with insane budget saved up from our supports. All fans will surely need new clothes and pants plus extra spares!