MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Small update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Amazon has put up their pages for the Wave 2 V-Pets. No pre-orders yet, but the page does tell us the exclusive eggs for Wave 2 are Lunamon and Coronamon.

In the Japanese version these eggs were with the Omegamon and Alphamon colors from their wave 2. This leaves the only missing special egg from those V-Pets in ours as Meicoomon, who appeared in the Wave 2 Zubamon color model in Japan.

So each egg will appear in 2 different colors, just like wave 1.

Amazon pre-orders aren't up yet, but the standby pages are: (affiliate links)
Purple
Yellow
Green
Blue

Prior details about the 2nd wave of new US V-Pets can be found here.

Our review, with lots of photos, of Wave 1 can be found here.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, since Meicoomon is still left out I wonder if they plan a further special edition, maybe for a convention or something. Regardless, I'll grab one of these since new special eggs are confirmed. Eyeing the purple one...

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would they put out a smaller Wave 3 for the Meicoomon egg? Maybe we'll be lucky and all of Wave 2 will come with Meicoomon in addition to their exclusive eggs.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Curse yooooou! I do like Lunamon, though. I hope these sell well so we get Meicoomon and the Pendulums.
Would they put out a smaller Wave 3 for the Meicoomon egg? Maybe we'll be lucky and all of Wave 2 will come with Meicoomon in addition to their exclusive eggs.
I'd honestly just be fine with them adding Meicrackmon and Rasielmon to a Pendulum release Mei egg but they don't want to seem to want to mess with the programming on these.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would hope that the Purple one is Lunamon but who really knows? In wave 1, yellow was Gabumon even though Agumon is literally yellow.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True, but thematically most of his associated products are blue, grey, white or some combination of the three.

(Gabumon remains one of the weirdest Child-stage Digimon given that it wears the skin of it's evolved form which makes no sense for many many reasons and we all just accept it because it's been used so much in the franchise. It's like the Cubone of Digimon if Marrowak was also a dire wolf and Cubone was still a lizard thing.)

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always assumed that Garurumon is a common form for beast Digimon in general and Gabumon is an unrelated species that become it through surrounding itself with that Digimon's data since evolutions are mostly determined by environments. Maybe they do it as a survival tactic since Garurumon is a strong evolution? I'd love to see them introduce Gabumon with other pelts

Last edited:

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm extremely excited for these; I actually want to buy each color this wave.