Algomon is the Digimon from the Adventure: Trailer! Details from V-Jump

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After a few different early looks at the May issue of V-Jump, including teasing details for the new Digimon from Adventure: we saw in the trailer, we finally have a better look at our new tiny evil guy...

It's Algomon! The previous forms of Algomon are probably best known for appearing in the Savers movie, but a new one is our mysterious Digimon from the Adventure: trailer!

We also have a short profile for him:
A creepy one-eyed Digimon with a green body and tentacles that stretch out like arms. Since it's a baby it's still very weak, but it's up to some sort of evil and bringing a bad influence to the real world...!

It's an interesting sounding profile.

More V-Jump images soon!

Thanks to HEAD25362192 for the image and onkei for translations.

Attachments

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesus, I was hoping for Algomon, but I expected Kuramon to be more likely. I really hope there's a whole line for it.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh so a baby argomon after all? the guy I saw on twitter saying it could be him was right, neat.

now lets see if other stages get argomons as well. (rookie/champion) I guess he will probably join Arcadiamon in the level of "has a digimon of every level with the same name".

hoping for some more evolution line filling out! (unless of course they redesign the Ultimate and Mega too, I suppose we'll see. would be nice to have a full Argomon line). Maybe Rhythm will show up too?

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew it! Algomon was my first guess

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay Colon, you finally have my attention. A baby Algomon, this gets me excited about all the new and old Digimon we will be seeing!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Jaws dropped* No way Algomon actually have "full" line?! Or only Baby? Didn't see that coming, they brought him from Savers! I thought it's really parasitic Kuramon subspecies but now it's much better. Yay no redesign!

But it's kind of sad Zassoumon will be excluded for good.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, interesting! I think this could be a really good way of incorporating old Digimon in a new way. Wonder if the Ultimate/Megas will get a redesign or if they'll just use the old ones.

I was hoping for Milleniummon, but hey, maybe there's more than one antagonist.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[Everyone liked this]

honestly, an amazing decision on their part. Bringing back old enemies that felt like one shots has been such a frequent fan request for many Digimon medias. This new direction is one I really enjoy

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon is honestly a surprise, very happy about that. Since it looked like Greymon was going to go up against a much bigger enemy in the trailers, I'm guessing we'll see an Algomon Adult.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this is a really good way to get long time fans interested. bring back a old digimon but with some new evolutions attached to it. Since Agumon killed so many of them in that beginning, I guess it wont be like Arcadiamon who's Baby form can kill Megas lol. Good way to make Argomon in general more relevant too.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't it funny? They brought this Algomon as new Baby form who isn't seen for such long time but to get killed by Agumon again. lol

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My first guess back then was Algomon baby šŸ˜†
I am happy and I hope we will get many new mons to fill some primary evolution lines in Reboot.

Hoping for some more evolution line filling out! (unless of course they redesign the Ultimate and Mega too, I suppose we'll see. would be nice to have a full Argomon line). Maybe Rhythm will show up too?
I don't think both already-exist Algomons will get redesigned. They're just perfect as they are.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think both already-exist Algomons will get redesigned. They're just perfect as they are.
It's not really an issue of whether they're fine as is or not. New media (even a reboot) means new content, such as new Digimon or new designs. This Baby-level Algomon is the most obvious example.

Another example is Agumon's "reboot" line for Savers.

Xros Wars
also redesigned many Digimon, like MetalGreymon and Cyberdramon. Even Digimon that were mostly unchanged got minor redesign adjustments to make their evolutions more cohesive, such as Psychemon (a skull-pattern on his belly) and Astamon (a blue mask).

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news, exactly what I wanted, old digimon get new full forms.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not really an issue of whether they're fine as is or not.

Xros Wars also redesigned many Digimon, like MetalGreymon and Cyberdramon.
yeah, using Xros Wars is a perfect example of redesigning Digimon that are fine. Greymon made sense because Greymon is a design that's tired from how often it is used and the change made the Digimon seem more personal to that specific tamer but almost all the others felt unnecessary and at times a downgrade in my opinion.
When it comes to Algomon Perfect and Ultimate, I'm okay with a redesign or not. The designs feel fine but also dated at the same time.
I'm a fan of how baby Algomon and Kuramon seem physically related when their origins as being abnormalities within the Digital World are similar. Kuramon's profile where a gathering of Kuramon causes network failure is also what I would realistically expect of baby Algomons as well. Baby Algomons also seem like perfect small enemies for Digimon in general because they're computer errors in an algorithm which should theoretically be some level of common unless it's only a specific error. I also appreciate how Algomon's current profiles don't appear to be as world threatening or inherently evil as Diaboromon and Arcadiamon while also still being a strong and formidable enemy

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not really an issue of whether they're fine as is or not. New media (even a reboot) means new content, such as new Digimon or new designs. This Baby-level Algomon is the most obvious example.
Algomon (baby) just fits as it is. We didn't have Algomon's baby form before.
I don't think we will get a new or a redesign Algomons because as I said before, it fits perfectly as the both Algomons' baby form.

As for Agumon Savers, it's just a subspecies. It resembles original Agumon in few ways but as we know, it is a subspecies. It has different minor look and whole new evolution line. That's why Rosemon design in Savers is like every Rosemon out there. Because it is the same Rosemon.

Algomon didn't have its baby form before and this new baby called Algomon fits.

I get your points. I really do. As we all noticed that even our beloved Omegamon got minor redesign in many media.
But for XW, we might continue the topic in another occasion. Because for me, every redesign XW did is for action figure material. Almost every main digimons in XW is action figure material.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon (baby) just fits as it is. We didn't have Algomon's baby form before.
I don't think we will get a new or a redesign Algomons because as I said before, it fits perfectly as the both Algomons' baby form.

As for Agumon Savers, it's just a subspecies. It resembles original Agumon in few ways but as we know, it is a subspecies. It has different minor look and whole new evolution line. That's why Rosemon design in Savers is like every Rosemon out there. Because it is the same Rosemon.

Algomon didn't have its baby form before and this new baby called Algomon fits.

I get your points. I really do. As we all noticed that even our beloved Omegamon got minor redesign in many media.
But for XW, we might continue the topic in another occasion. Because for me, every redesign XW did is for action figure material. Almost every main digimons in XW is action figure material.

Cheers.

Wait... Why about Zassoumon? What did I miss?
The point remains that Bandai/Toei might redesign the higher levels of Argomon. Data Squad and Fusion redesigned stuff, it wouldn't be out of the question for it to happen here. Then the new Argomon Ultimate/Mega would be a subspecies just like Agumon 2006 or Greymon 2010.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I wasn't expecting this, but the color now makes perfect sense. I guess it makes sense to use Algomon as well since he sort of has the same otherworldly feel that made Diaboromon's line so intriguing back in the day. Paralleling the form of Kuramon was a great idea, especially as it seems the two lines were connected back in Sunburst & Moonlight. The eyes and eyebrow designs always did seem influenced by the likes of Armageddemon, so it looks like that was indeed the intention. The eye on Algomon (Baby) is just different enough from those on his higher forms that I actually waved off that possibility. Now I'm really hoping to see what his Rookie form would look likeā€¦ I'm sort of hoping for some abomination between Keramon and Alraumon, but I'm a bit sad that this may mean that Zassoumon sort of loses his place in fan lines.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The point remains that Bandai/Toei might redesign the higher levels of Argomon. Data Squad and Fusion redesigned stuff, it wouldn't be out of the question for it to happen here. Then the new Argomon Ultimate/Mega would be a subspecies just like Agumon 2006 or Greymon 2010.
Possible =/= Guaranteed though and until we see how it transitions to Algomon Perfect onward, we can't guarantee that the Child - Adult stages won't look like Algomon Perfect especially given how the Arcadiamon line transitions between stages.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's Algomon? Interesting. Wonder how they'll do this.