Airdra's Thread of Nonsense

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's happening with Airdra? I’m trying to work on two twenty page papers I have due by the end of the semester. DX At the moment, I’m writing the proposal to one of them, since I haven’t really started and the proposal is due on Friday. >_>;; I’ve been more focused on the other. I need to get at least one of these darn things out of the way. I have eight pages done on one, so, yay. If I ever have to look at Troilus and Criseyde again after this, ever, it will be far too soon.

I’m also raising a couple of virtual pets right now. Aside from an Imperialdramon on a Dragon’s Roar Pendulum Progress, I’m running an Entama and a Genjintch, both Tamagotchi. The Entama is a Pukatchi right now, and the Genjintch is a little nameless cactus thing. Most of my v-pet attention has been focused on my Legendz Talispod since it’s easier to have sitting next to me while I work on my papers. Ymir, the Bigfoot I’ve been raising, almost has maxed out stats. Just a little more training on his Defense, and he’ll be fully trained. I’m also trying to train one of my Blazedragons, whom I’ve named Svarozhich (after a super extremely obscure comic book character related to the character I will wane poetic about in my next paragraph XD). Svarozhich is technically a Kanerudo Volcano Soul Blazedragon, which is a horribly long and convoluted title for the mode change. I figure his tongue-twister name fits him well in that regard.

When I’m not slaving over horribly long, convoluted academic articles or poking at my virtual pets, I am action figure hunting. See, the second wave of the DC Universe Classics action figures is out, and there is a classic Firestorm figure in that wave. I must have it. I also have to get him as early as possible, since they’re going to start putting out the modern variant in the later releases of the wave. (Ideally, I want both variants for completeness’s sake, but I’ll be fine with just classic Firestorm, since he is my favorite.) I met with ultimate disappointment at Target when they had the remnants of the case assortment but no Firestorm. T_________T (Also, the same first-wave Penguin has been mocking me everywhere I look.) I’m this close to ordering a case pretty much just for that one figure, but the preorder ship dates at the places I’m looking at keep getting bumped back or are remarkably vague. For all I know, it wouldn’t arrive until late May and I’d have found one by then and the whole situation would drive me insane. (Similar to what happened with the Data Links—I found them at Wal-Mart not long after I ordered them online and my online order hadn’t arrived.) I could get one off of eBay, but that would mean paying way, way too much for it. ToysRUs needs to get in some new stock; I haven't seen any sign of the second wave yet. I’m getting sick of looking. >.<

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hear you on the action figure deal, I'm still looking for the Transforming Jungle Pride Megazord and Roar Max Megazord (Not the Deluxe version of Jungle Pride) from Power Rangers Jungle Fury, but I'd rather wait for them to arrive than pay through the nose to order them online so to speak.

There's also the case of finding them after you've ordered them that you mentioned, but that could actually benefit on my end if I were to order them - I have a nephew that's into Power Rangers as well and he got the Micro Animal Zord sets from me for Christmas 2007.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's such a pain. DX I've got a couple of eBay auctions I'm watching right now; I'm sick and tired of looking and did a little math estimating the costs of shipping from the Toys R Us website assuming the Toys R Us website would ever get the thing in stock, so now eBay is seeming like a more acceptable option.

Sadly, I don't know that there's anyone else who would want the extra figures in the case...well, my brother would most likely take the extra Superman since there are two to a case, but there would be a spare Harley Quinn floating around, since neither of us really cares for the character that much. She's okay, but I'm not enough of a fan to need/want the figure. >_>

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Airdra link=topic=8243.msg100856#msg100856 date=1209184369]
but there would be a spare Harley Quinn floating around, since neither of us really cares for the character that much. She's okay, but I'm not enough of a fan to need/want the figure. >_>
[/quote]

ebay it back :p

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, yeah, but that would be actual work. XD Besides, I'm not sure how well a loose Harley would sell, since I would have taken the Grodd piece that comes with her.

But it's all a moot point now--I just won myself a classic Firestorm off of eBay. X3 Now I can stop hunting. Hooray! I'm still going to want modern Firestorm when he's released, but I'm not going to go nearly this berserk trying to find him and it's not going to be the end of the world if I can't.

Also, I am up to 11 pages on one of my large research papers, so, yay. The other one remains at zero and the very thought of it is making my stomach turn.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, at the time I wrote that I had an outline done and was waiting on some interlibrary loan stuff to arrive before I started so I wouldn't need to go back and rewrite and add stuff as new ILL sources came rolling in.

...then I went to class this morning and found out that it's due in one week, when I was thinking I had two. @.@;; *beats head on desk* I'm definitely taking at least one day off of work this week just so I can get some work done on the darn thing. *has exactly two introductory paragraphs written* Plus, I really need a day off anyway...>_>

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I'm making really slow progress on my paper that's due Monday. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, and that's really killed my paper-writing speed. I've got roughly seven pages done, with the rest kinda-sorta mapped out. Quoting from Chaucer is driving my spell check insane, and I have to keep an eye on AutoFormat so it doesn't start correcting spellings that don't need to be corrected. I also seem to have hit a point to where my brain has just completely rejected Middle English in any way, shape, or form, and I find my reading comprehension decreasing the longer I work. x_x Reading The Legend of Good Women for class tomorrow was way harder than it should have been, and I had to resort to a translated version online.

What's also fun is that one of my interlibrary loan sources for my other paper is due back tomorrow and I can't renew, so I have to take a bunch of notes out of it real fast before returning it. *sigh* I'm taking the day off work tomorrow, which is going to be a relief. I may even find the time to get to the comic shop for the first time in a month, which would be awesome.

Also, me trying to work on my paper while Lost is on is a bad idea. I'm not going to be concentrating on the paper then. XD

My Firestorm figure came yesterday. He's spiffy. X3 He has a few paint flaws, the way his back is painted is just wrong and makes me go all nitpicky fangirl, the joint on one of his feet won't move, and since he's made from the modern Firestorm mold there are a few other tiny problems I have (gloves!), but he still looks quite nice. :D I have him sitting here on my desk while I write, hehe.

And on a random note, I've had iTunes set on shuffle playback the whole time I've been working. For whatever reason, it's suddenly become obsessed with "It's Not Easy Being Green" and feels the need to play it every few songs. XD

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ugh, that's the one thing I really hate about Itunes and my Ipod Shuffle. For no apparent reason, when there is a playlist of more than one hundred songs even, there is a need to play the same few songs over and over and over with some others chosen in between. How does it even choose these songs? The amount of times you play them, recently added? I can't figure it out. I wanted to use my shitty shuffle as I call it simply because it has good battery life but this repeated songs thing is driving me nutty.

I've got a paper that's due soon too, except its due on Tuesday, and it only has to be eight pages minimum, but that's pretty long considering all my papers from high school had to be maybe five, so it feels like a lot to this college freshman. Oh boy, I'm not looking forward to long papers like that - I have trouble filling eight as it is. Please tell me it gets easier to write more as you move up in the number of years attended lol.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have no idea. I've set mine to play back songs I've given a five star rating more often, but it doesn't do that much at all. o.o; "It's Not Easy Being Green" has been there since I first got iTunes, so I don't think it's a recently added thing, and I don't think I gave it five stars. *checks* Nope, it's unranked. In Options, you can adjust the more random/less random setting, but I haven't really noticed a difference.

I'm in grad school, so both of my papers have to be in the neighborhood of 20 pages. I would love an eight page paper. :D Writing them does get easier, just more time consuming. (Well, for whatever reason my Troilus and Criseyde paper has just gotten nigh impossible for some reason; I think it's stress.)

And I'm supposed to be at work now, but I'm not! Whee!

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished my Troilus and Criseyde paper that's due tomorrow. It's not the greatest paper ever written, but it's done and I don't have to mess with it anymore, nor do I have to stay up until 2 AM attempting to perfect it.

That just leaves the paper I've got to finish for my final presentation next Monday. I just double-checked its length, and it's currently at 15 pages--the home stretch. :D Finishing it up won't be a big deal, especially because it's on a subject I'm considerably more interested in. (It's on Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man, which rocks.) I still need to scan the panels I need to quote/reference in the pages of the paper, which is going to add in a whole lot more length. I also need to clean up my citations and bring in a couple more sources, but that really shouldn't be too bad. I'll also have to get a presentation version of the paper worked out, as well as a Powerpoint presentation with the images I'll be referencing in my presentation. Fun. @.@;

Of course, tomorrow I'll have a take-home final assigned, and I already have one take-home final for another class sitting here next to me. I plan on spending Tuesday working on those, just to get them out of the way and taken care of. They shouldn't be too bad, though. *can see light at the end of the tunnel*