AiM & Youto Kazama Appearing in Adventure:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A fun surprise early in the week...

AiM and Youto Kazama have both revealed that they will be appearing in Digimon Adventure:

Both have long histories with the franchise.

AiM was the original voice of Mimi, along with singing many (many) songs from Adventure all the way up to Kizuna earlier this year, along with playing Sayo in Cyber Sleuth.

Kazama was the original voice of Yamato (along with a few other characters including MetalSeadramon), along with singing various Yamato related songs.

Both of them, along with director Kakudou, tweeted regarding it suggesting something that will surprise fans.

AiM's tweet:
I'll be appearing on an episode somewhere with Youto Kazama! If you missed the 1st episode please check out the streaming services, and for the other regions where the 1st episode will be playing, don't forget to check it out, and let's all watch the 2nd episode. I think our roles will be a surprise to you in many ways! I hope you look forward to it ✨
Kazama's:
The new show has finally started!
"Digimon Adventure:"
Well! Ai Maeda and I will be performing together (in the new series)
What role and where we show up is a surprise, so don't miss an episode!
(*´∀`)
Director Kakudou:
I heard rumors... looking forward to it!
(Kazama responded to Kakudou's tweet with a thank you.)

Something fun to look forward to, whether it's an important larger role, a jokey cameo, or maybe something more interesting.

Thanks to onkei and shin for translations.

Attachments

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to take a wild guess and say they'll be VA of original '99 version of 2 Chosen ones that will make a cameo through an interdimensional portal

adha.aiman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I... Omg I'm glad they will reappear! Wonder what role they will play, because by their words it's only for an episode...?

Gennai and Homeostasis (if they are even around)...

Or could they be Angemon and Angewomon?! Though unlikely since Angewomon shares their VA with Tailmon...

Edit: I thought they could be the parents of the children too, the ones that has both mom and dad are Taichi and Hikari, Yamato and Takeru, Koushiro and Mimi. Since Koushiro is revealed could they be his parents?

Last edited:

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll be Mimi's parents? We know she comes from a tech mogul family, so for a tech-based series they might be a little more important than they were the first time around.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll be Mimi's parents? We know she comes from a tech mogul family, so for a tech-based series they might be a little more important than they were the first time around.
This is a pretty sound guess imo, I can definitely see this happening.

Since AiM mentioned War Game, there's a chance they appear as early as Episode 2, so maybe we'll know as soon as the end of this week.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That second part of the sentence is actually more of an argument for them not being Mimi's parents (who I remember had speaking roles in quite a few epöisodes in the Vamdemon arc), since the wording of the tweets with "one episode, somewhere" suggests more of a smaller cameo role rather than actual supporting characters.

...Maybe they'll cameo as Scumon and Tyumon lol

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That second part of the sentence is actually more of an argument for them not being Mimi's parents (who I remember had speaking roles in quite a few epöisodes in the Vamdemon arc), since the wording of the tweets with "one episode, somewhere" suggests more of a smaller cameo role rather than actual supporting characters.

...Maybe they'll cameo as Scumon and Tyumon lol
That did cross my mind, but I wasn't sure if they were specifically saying they're only in one episode. Honestly, I'm just so tied with Maeda and Mimi that it was one of the few guesses that would allow her to basically use the same voice. A little wishful thinking, for sure! That guess is clever, they'd probably have fun with that.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Maybe Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon?

Really excited to see them...unless they show up as themselvves promoting an insert song on a tv on the streets? hmm xD

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm thinking they're going to round out the Ishida parents, if only because they've dedicated an entire ending to Yamato.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pile Volcano Ota was a background character called "Chief" in episode 1, probably similar for these two.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mimi and Yamato never spoke to each other in Adventure or 02 (correct me if I'm wrong). It will be fun to see/hear them finally interact, even if its through new characters.