Agumon Parallel Card Preview for Booster Set 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated again with a look at another card from Booster Set 1 New Evolution. This time it's a card we haven't seen before. Sort of.

This time we get to see the parallel version of the Agumon card, which was previously unrevealed (we added the standard card next to it for comparison purposes.)

The card features Botamon, Koromon, and Agumon, with some energetic motions giving a great look to it with a really dynamic feeling. On top of that, everything is very anime styled with the appearance of a nice digital space behind the characters with them jumping out of a V-Pet (even if it isn't the easiest to see with the great large character artwork.)

Booster Set 1 is scheduled to release on May 15th.

Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is out in July, it can be pre-ordered at HLJ. (Not an affiliate link, it does show it came from WtW.) Details of that set can be found here.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 1:

Attachments

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh wow, who knew that all you need to do is make a card dynamic and cartoony for it to be my favorite art in the set?
The amount of potential parallel cards is wild, especially if they do all wind up being available from just the boosters themselves. Yellow and Green seem noticeably left out from having more random parallels like Red and Blue do, though

Last edited:

Aleco.Caine

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks awesome!!!! hope to see one of patamon tokomon and pollomon too

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh wow, who knew that all you need to do is make a card dynamic and cartoony for it to be my favorite art in the set?
The amount of potential parallel cards is wild, especially if they do all wind up being available from just the boosters themselves. Yellow and Green seem noticeably left out from having more random parallels like Red and Blue do, though
Green actually has more parallel Super Rare Digimon (Rosemon, GranKuwagamon) and Tamer (Koshiro, Mimi) cards in the set than the other colours when not counting Omegamon as red, blue, or both. Blue and red only seem to have more because MetalGreymon and Veedramon are Secret Rare cards who get their own parallel arts.

Agumon as a regular Rare Digimon card getting a parallel is the only thing that puts red ahead, but I’m assuming they won’t stop at just Agumon for the parallel treatment. We still don’t know how many parallel cards we’re getting anyways, so there might be more Super Rare cards getting that treatment, for example, and we wouldn’t know yet.