Adventure plot holes (?)

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they can be answered, I don’t know

1. How did Myotismon obtain the crest of light? And why was its tag separated from the others? We know Piedmon stole the 8 tags and crest and Snowbotamon’s digimon egg and digivice fell somewhere on Server. We know Devimon hid the 7 tags under water and scattered the 7 crest across server (presumably Piedmon gave it to him). But how did the tag for the crest of the light get separate from the other 7?

2. How did Sora learn about the crest? Yeah Demidevimon tells her that her crest of love will never glow but she just seemed to somehow know about the other 6 crest meaning and which crest belonged to which kid. The dub makes it worse when the kids just know which crest is which but then Sora re-teaches them

3. Maybe not a plot hole but if the distortions at least started in 1995 and the kids were summoned in 1999 and 4 years in the real world would have been thousands upon thousands of digital world years shouldn’t things be a lot worse?

4. Why didn’t Koushiro’s crest glow upon receiving it? He’s always looking for more knowledge! And aside from when she fell into being a spoiled princess Mimi is always “pure” (as in being unabashedly who she is) so it feels like her crest should have glowed when she got it.

5. Again maybe not a plot hole but a contrivance. The Digimon meant for Hikari is separated from the others, also somehow the tag that went with the crest of light is not in the same box as the others. And Kari just happens to be sick and miss the call?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they can be answered, I don’t know

3. Maybe not a plot hole but if the distortions at least started in 1995 and the kids were summoned in 1999 and 4 years in the real world would have been thousands upon thousands of digital world years shouldn’t things be a lot worse?

5. Again maybe not a plot hole but a contrivance. The Digimon meant for Hikari is separated from the others, also somehow the tag that went with the crest of light is not in the same box as the others. And Kari just happens to be sick and miss the call?
3 - That's probably when the original chosen got involved.

5 - My interpretation is that Kari got sick because her partner got separated from the others: her powers detected something was wrong and that translated in her sickness/inability to go to the summer camp.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the first question, according to the novel Vamdemon was working for the Dark Masters. They might very well have given him the Crest of Light and its Tag, just as they gave the remaining Tags to Devimon.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the first question, according to the novel Vamdemon was working for the Dark Masters. They might very well have given him the Crest of Light and its Tag, just as they gave the remaining Tags to Devimon.
I think my issue with that is Vamdemon’s “I’ll be king of both worlds” motive is at odds with him working for the dark masters.

I know the novel had Devimon, Etemon, and Vamdemon all working for the Dark Masters but in the anime I can only buy Devimon as working for them. Etemon’s interaction with Pinocchiomon doesn’t suggest any working relationship (which is why the novel removed Etemon’s return I suppose) and Vamdemon had too much hubris.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Etemon could've just got bored of the DMs being of charge of him and turned on them.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Etemon could've just got bored of the DMs being of charge of him and turned on them.
He could but nothing suggested Pinocchiomon and MetalEtemon knew each other prior. Pinocchiomon didn’t try to remind Etemon of his place or call him a traitor and Etemon never indicated he was going against them or rebelling.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think my issue with that is Vamdemon’s “I’ll be king of both worlds” motive is at odds with him working for the dark masters.
What's weird about villains being power-hungry?
Odd takeaway from my post but okay.

It’s not weird for a villain to be power hungry. My issue is that Vamdemon’s own ambitions clash with the idea that he was an underling.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Devimon does talk about how there's a bunch of other evil Digimon more powerful than him, prob referring to Myotismon, Etemon, and the DM.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sorry I also have a question regarding apocalymon. I remember watching the episode where he first appeared and Gennai mentioned he came from the "wall of fire" just wondering what was the wall of fire?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Wall of Fire was the Digital World’s firewall to keep out intruders (presumably from the Dark World). Gennai and Centaurmon visit it in episode 52, I think.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sorry I also have a question regarding apocalymon. I remember watching the episode where he first appeared and Gennai mentioned he came from the "wall of fire" just wondering what was the wall of fire?
Wall of fire is another way to say firewall, which is a way for computers to fend off viruses. The way I take it is it implies Apocalymon developed from a virus that broke through the firewall barrier protecting the servers that contain the digital world.