Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
soundfoxcontroller01_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller02_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller03_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller04_may20_2021.jpg

Digimon fans in China have some new game controllers to look forward to nabbing.

Game peripheral maker Sound Fox has released a line of official Digimon Adventure: branded controllers.

soundfoxcontroller06_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller05_may20_2021.jpg

The controllers are wireless gamepads for the Switch and PC, and connect via a dedicated dongle plug. It appears they can also connect via their USB charging cable.

In addition, they have swappable faceplates.

soundfoxcontroller08_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller09_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller10_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller11_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller12_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller13_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller14_may20_2021.jpg
soundfoxcontroller15_may20_2021.jpg

Each of the 8 kid/Digimon pairs get a controller.

We aren't sure exactly if all 8 come as controllers, or if some only come as faceplates to customize with, but it appears at the very least that Taichi, Sora, Yamato, and Jou have full controller models. Update- Someone who purchased them confirmed how the faceplates work. You pick which controller to get between Taichi, Sora, Yamato, and Jou, and you get a 2nd faceplate at random included.

They also appear to come with sticker sheets to customize the button labels for different gamepad types (Xbox, Playstation, etc.)

The Sound Fox bilibili page also shows a few people doing unboxings (1) (2) (3) (4).

They look nice enough, but at a glance they tend to remind me of PowerA controllers, which tend to not be great to use.

Update- This is apparently a QR link to the webshop of Sound Fox on Taobao, but I simply get a login prompt, so you might need a Taobao account to even see the listing.

taobaoshop_may20_2021.jpg

Thanks to a friend of the site for the heads up.

Attachments

• soundfoxcontroller00_may20_2021article.jpg
    soundfoxcontroller00_may20_2021article.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 7,277
Last edited:

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love to get this but not sure how easy it'd be to get it shipped stateside. Anyone got experience?

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg these are so cool lol xD

If i remember correctly...Taobao is kinda hard to buy from? plus, its all in Chinese so you would need a translator otherwise ><

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg these are so cool lol xD

If i remember correctly...Taobao is kinda hard to buy from? plus, its all in Chinese so you would need a translator otherwise ><
that's my worry. I super love these designs but this seems difficult to navigate, and I'm not sure of many chinese proxy sellers

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated regarding the faceplates.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are really cool. Not sure which I would get though. And I just got a controller.