Adventure: OP, ED, and BGM Music Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On top of the trailer we have some music details for Digimon Adventure:!

The opening theme will be "Mikakunin Hikousen" (Unidentified airship) by Tanimoto Takayoshi.

He's performed theme songs for Dragon Ball Z Kai, Transformers Superlink, Zatch Bell, and he is no stranger to Digimon fans either, having done a number of Digimon songs in the past:
One Vision in Digimon Tamers
Miracle Maker from Digimon World 3 (with Wada Kouji and AiM)
Dark Knight -The Invincible Champion- in Digimon Xros Wars
Evolution & DigiXros Version Taiki in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji)
Evolution & DigiXros Version Kiriha in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji)
We Are Xros Heart Ver. X7 in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji and Ayumi Miyazaki)

He was also one of the singers for the 10th Odaiba Memorial song- "A Door into the Future ~Ever Since That Summer Day~" with Wada Kouji, AiM, Hassy, Sammy, and Ohta Michihiko.

The ending theme is "Kuyashisa wa Tane" (Regrets bring fruit) by Fujikawa Chiai.

She performed the ED themes for Rising of the Shield Hero and is a former member of the group Meneki Kecak.

Update- The end theme will be her new album. More details here.

If you want to nab a copy, pre-orders are open. (Affiliate links below.)
The standard edition is just the album and is 2,000 yen.
The limited edition is 3,182 yen. It includes the album and a DVD with over half a dozen music videos and clips (none of the videos or clips appear to be Digimon related.)

The BGM for the series is by Toshihiko Sahashi, who has done more popular anime and toku BGM than we could list, but a few selections are: Big O, Full Metal Panic, Gundam Seed, various Kamen Rider series, a number of Sentai, and a few Ultraman shows.

Character art and profiles for the new show can be found here.

The trailer for the new show can be found here.

Attachments

Last edited:

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa, the composer from Gundam Seed?? That show had a killer soundtrack. My excitement is rising.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy shit it’s not ‘Butterfly’!?
I was at least expecting the title to be Dragon-Fly. But the actual title is not even a reference to Butter-Fly.

Also calling it now, Chiai Fujikawa is Mimi's VA.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh shit. Sahashi is an excellent choice. He makes good use of jazz elements as well as booming orchestral pieces, and has a good mastery of the leitmotif, all of which are features of many Digimon soundtracks. Best of all, he was really involved in anime and tokusatsu in the late Nineties and early Aughts, the very period in which the original Adventure debuted, so he’s a great choice to channel that milieu while still keeping the music modern and interesting.

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally, music news!

This is very out-of-character for me, but I'm glad we're staying away from "Butter-Fly" and "I Wish". Shockingly, I'm content if they decide to only enlist Ayumi Miyazaki and Ai Maeda for "classic era" projects while going with new artists for the new stuff. This show deserves a chance to forge its own identity. Kōji Wada contributed just enough new material for tri. before his passing that they were able to keep consistency with past Adventure projects by letting Miyazaki and Maeda pick up the extra slack for the remaining OVAs and "Last Evolution". That isn't something they can continue for DA:2020 without tastelessly repurposing Wada's existing catalog for projects it wasn't created for. It's hard, but tri. and this year's movie have allowed for a much-needed four-year mourning period and I've reached the stage of acceptance where I feel comfortable saying "farewell" and moving forward.

Looking over the staff list, I have no idea what to expect from the ending theme because I've never heard of Chiai Fujikawa or Ryūtarō Fujinaga. The composer and lyricist for "Unidentified Airship" (super-weird and super-not-catchy title, by the way) are funny to me because I'm more familiar with Yuriko Mori from her songs for Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, and the only thing I've ever heard from Naozumi Mabuchi is that one character song he wrote for Pocket Monsters. But I happen to like all of those songs very much, so I'm expecting good things. It's just disappointing to not see any of the classic "Digimon Arrangers" crew on board, especially after Michihiko Ōta and Cher Watanabe recently returned for "Last Evolution". I really want the producers to show faith in this project and give it the star treatment that Digimon's received in the past. Insert songs, image songs, character songs, the works.

Of the classic Digimon singers, Takayoshi Tanimoto is among my least favorite. He doesn't have the range of Wada, Maeda, or Miyazaki and he approaches each of his songs with the exact same volume. "One Vision" and "Miracle Maker" are fantastic, obviously, but I got tired of him in Xros Wars (especially the duets and "WE ARE Xros Heart! Ver. X7", where he kept overpowering the other singers). Nonetheless, it's comforting to have a familiar face onboard. Really hoping the opening theme is a treat.

Absolutely agreed with everyone about Toshihiko Sahashi's involvement. I'm not very familiar with his work, but his résumé and background give me hope that he'll be able to capture the spirit of what Takanori Arisawa brought to the classic era of Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier. Here's to a promising future of great songs and great talent!

Burger Fifi1

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Butter-Fly, kinda sad but w/e i hope new song is good too.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel it's kinda odd that they decided to left out AiM and Miyazaki. They're the part of the Adventure success too, and been strongly connected to the series too. Not nice at all.