Adventure: Mentions in Toei Fiscal Quarter 1 (Ending in June) 2021 Report, Survive Estimated Release Updated to 2022, Digimon 4th Largest IP for Toei

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what are the top 3? I'm guessing Dragon Ball and One Piece, and then...... Super Sentai?

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what are the top 3? I'm guessing Dragon Ball and One Piece, and then...... Super Sentai?

Fairly certain Kamen Rider frequently sells better than Sentai.
At least domestically - Power Rangers might bolster Sentai higher.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One Piece is almost certainly #1. Super Sentai has seen falling sales in the past half decade, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's hovering somewhere around 5th or 6th, so it's probably One Piece, Kamen Rider and Dragonball.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One Piece is almost certainly #1. Super Sentai has seen falling sales in the past half decade, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's hovering somewhere around 5th or 6th, so it's probably One Piece, Kamen Rider and Dragonball.

Kamen Rider and Super Sentai aren't part of this top, since the report is for Toei Animation. Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are from another section of Toei (Toei Studio).

If I'm not mistaken, the top 3 of Toei Animation in the last year are One Piece, Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's going well for Digimon but Ha. Oh Survive. Let's hope it actually comes out.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Kamen Rider and Super Sentai aren't part of this top, since the report is for Toei Animation. Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are from another section of Toei (Toei Studio).

If I'm not mistaken, the top 3 of Toei Animation in the last year are One Piece, Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon.
Really? Sailor Moon instead of Precure? I guess the recent movie had a lot to do with it, though I don't remember Crystal's reception being especially spectacular (then again, it might've sparked a resurge in interest in the classic series). And of course, if we're counting international sales, I could see Precure being pretty screwed.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yamato-san, you're right. Precure is more profitable for Toei than Sailor Moom.

I think I mixed the Japanese and International sales.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I certainly hope they're aiming for early 2022 than not.

Also if the game engine has supposedly changed then I would like to see some new footage so I can see what it looks like before buying. I don't need to see anymore of the story as I felt they already showed a bit too much already.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another Survive delay. Which means even longer until the next Story game as well. Once again I find myself wishing they would prioritize that while Survive gets worked on in the background. Since it's different studios making it the only reason Survive has to release first is becasue that's what Bandai decided.

No. 4 is pretty good. At least it means Digimon is doing well outside of Japan, it's always been rather niche.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would be doing even better if they dubbed 2020