Adventure: in Toei 2022 TV Animation Calendar with New Artwork

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2022calendar_cover_june1_2021.jpg

Early images of the Toei 2022 TV Animation Calendar have begun to show up, and it shows that Digimon Adventure: will be one of the featured shows.

Digimon tends to show up in at least one of the Toei calendars, sometimes a few, but always nice to get confirmation.

The cover image for the calendar features Taichi, Agumon, Yamato, and Gabumon from Adventure:, with characters from various other Toei franchises.

2022calendar_adventure_june1_2021.jpg

The Adventure: art for inside the calendar is a new image of all the kids and their Digimon.

Solicitation info shows that the Digimon image will be for September and October.

While we do have images of the calendar, it doesn't appear to be available to pre-order (yet) at the time of this posting. So hopefully soon.

Thanks to Sakura Mizuki for the heads up.

Attachments

• 2022calendar_adventure_june1_2021.jpg
    2022calendar_adventure_june1_2021.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 15,946

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, what does this mean or possibly mean? That they’re going to continue making episodes or seasons with the reboot? I’m definitely down for that, but I want them to dub it in English (and not change the damn script like is done often.) either way I’ll still watch it. But Hulu needs to fix the licensing issue because I still can’t even watch the 50th episode, not unless I wanna pay for a different streaming service. No thank you.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who is the fat lady in the traditional dress with the pebble? I am intrigued.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, September and October instead of July and August for an Adventure series is an interesting choice I guess. I'm not going to take the months as meaning anything, just because the series is looking to go into September as it is, assuming the show takes no breaks and the 66 episode number is accurate.

Always nice to see Digimon included in these calendars.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This seems awfully early to do a 2022 calendar

And unless they do a sequel I'd be surprised if reboot Tai and Matt were still relevant in 2022 instead of reboot Davis (if 02 is next)

Dynamicmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

And unless they do a sequel I'd be surprised if reboot Tai and Matt were still relevant in 2022 instead of reboot Davis (if 02 is next)
Some people make calendars early in preparation
some also include the last few months of the previous year.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know an anime in that calendar that would end pretty early in 2022.

Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure will likely end in February 2022. Precure seasons end on February (and the season with a new team start the next week).

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait a second, I didn't even realize this was for 2022 specifically lol. I guess it really does mean nothing, since it's not like Toei would be able to prepare a calendar for next year based on unreleased anime.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait a second, I didn't even realize this was for 2022 specifically lol. I guess it really does mean nothing, since it's not like Toei would be able to prepare a calendar for next year based on unreleased anime.

They could've waited like 5 months

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it means that its more than 66 episodes, since if not Digimon will end before 2022!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The calendar has nothing to do with whether the show will be airing in 2022 or not.

Dragon Ball hasn't had a show since 2018, the last Kitaro show ended in 2020, etc.

It's a calendar with popular anime characters to use in 2022. It isn't specifically shows that will 'air' in 2022.

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Kyaromonfan96 you don't have to be annoyed, we have the right to discuss and ask things about this wonderful anime, you could have spent your time explaining instead of saying this.
@MarcFBR thank you so much for your explanation, now I understand! 🙏😊
With hope that hopefully digimon can continue in 2022😍👌

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
love how some people read soo much into something as arbitrary as a a calendar.

How do you sell a calendar with more than 1 anime or game? You choose popular stuff that people will recognize. Does it feel early to announce a 2022 calendar- sure... i mean I'd expect a November/december release with September announce personally but that's just me.

Digimon is- I assume- doing pretty good at the moment. And just look at the preview image... Gegege no kitaro - as far as i know theres not a version currently airing (i could be wrong), Dragon ball Z/Super - apart from the occasional "Heroes" epiosde, and of course simply the news that there is gonna be a new movie in 2022 its not like Dragon ball is exactly a current series- but it is popular.

PreCure and Digimon are both fairly popular franchises i feel- and it just makes sense to utilize the most recent incarnation of said franchises because it can help promote them even if people don't buy this till after they are both done airing theres still stuff like VoD and home media that could get some promoting.

Heck if we get some sort of new series after Adventure: - be it some sequel be it some sort of :02, be it something totally unrelated to : but still digimon. The : image would still help promote it cause it could easily get people to go - hmm this looks cool maybe i'll check this show out."

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kitaro is getting a new movie, as is Dragon Ball (not that DB needs a reason to be included in anything lol).

They chose the 2020 incarnations of Tai and Matt over the, I have to assume, more popular 1999 incarnations, so it’s still pulling from recent anime rather than simply popular anime. It’s an obvious choice to go with the more recent incarnations from a merchandising perspective, but for fans that communicates something else. It shouldn’t mean anything, but I can’t blame anyone for thinking it does lol. My mistake was thinking this was a 2021 calendar, but even then I didn’t take away anythjng special from it.

WoolishlyGrim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's also worth keeping in mind that even if it's a 2022 calendar, it's meant to be sold in 2021, and sold to kids at that (for whom 2022 feels like a much more distant prospect than it is for any adult). As a piece of merchandise, it's a lot less interested in what will be popular in 2022 than it is in what will be popular during the weeks it's on store shelves.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well at least they're still on there. That's the good part. No matter if they still air or not.