MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
taaf2022_novemebr21_2021.png

Voting for TAAF 2022 is currently open.

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2022 takes place early next year.

The event is an international film festival for animation held annually by the Association of Japanese Animation with a number of categories, some voted on by fans, others by a committee of professionals.

Initial voting (for the fan vote) began awhile ago and includes all animated works from October 1st, 2020 to September 30th, 2021

The top 20 films and the top 80 shows will be chosen by general public voting via connected Twitter accounts. Voting for the fan vote categories closes on December 2nd.

From those there will be a vote for 'Anime Fan Award' from general public votes, and 'Grand Prix' from those in the industry.

Due to the high amount of content, they don't show the rankings for everything (since that'd be hundreds and hundreds of listings.)

Digimon Adventure: is the only Digimon animation currently eligible.

In prior years (since the fan categories began) Appmon, Kizuna, and Adventure: have all appeared on the final rankings for the fan vote.

Attachments

• home-logo2022.png
    home-logo2022.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 10,032

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be surprised if Adventure: is anywhere close to the final rankings this year tbh

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be surprised if Adventure: is anywhere close to the final rankings this year tbh
Depends on who the fans that are voting are. If it's mostly kids, it'll be a lot more ignored than stuff like Shinkalion Z. They noted it wasn't really drawing in kids after all.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depends on who the fans that are voting are. If it's mostly kids, it'll be a lot more ignored than stuff like Shinkalion Z. They noted it wasn't really drawing in kids after all.

It was also in the top ten viewed a decent amount. Just cuz the show is hated by some doesn't mean it's hated by all

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was also in the top ten viewed a decent amount. Just cuz the show is hated by some doesn't mean it's hated by all
Oh, absolutely. If it's the older audience it's going to do amazingly, the whole thing was nostalgia baiting and wasn't Tri-tier bad, and we're talking top 20, so of the two hundred or so shows associated with last year, when you take out the long runners for children it's pretty much automatically in.

Which is, of course, why I asked who the voting audience was going to be. Big difference between "general public" and "specific demographics."

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which is, of course, why I asked who the voting audience was going to be. Big difference between "general public" and "specific demographics."

And I bring up Marc's previous responses because "kids didn't watch" was entirely extrapolated from a statement specifically referring to the start of the show's run, yet people act as if it referred to the whole run.

What, you think something becomes true from repeating it over and over?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

And I bring up Marc's previous responses because "kids didn't watch" was entirely extrapolated from a statement specifically referring to the start of the show's run, yet people act as if it referred to the whole run.

What, you think something becomes true from repeating it over and over?

I dunno, I like his Shinkalion example, cause if you want to go off his 'pick and choose to make my point example' method.

Shinkalion never hit the top 10 once in the public ratings info we have that I'm aware of.
'and' Adventure: ended up on the TAAF chart last year with Shinkalion.

If you want to just infer information the way he is, then we can put together what we have to say that Adventure: did better than Shinkalion among the kid audience.

Because the TV ratings is almost solely things that do well among family and kid viewers.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Adventure: loses
if it places well it could have a positive ripple effect for the greater franchise

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Adventure: loses
if it places well it could have a positive ripple effect for the greater franchise

I think if you are looking for something to 'lose' you have a misunderstanding of how this type of thing even works.

Nothing Digimon was ever going to win. It was only ever a question of it was going to place highly even to be even be mentioned in the rankings.

This thread is a great example of why the franchise probably needs a break though in the next few years. Digimon fans were happier getting nothing than getting everything nonstop. Too many people deciding they need to have their say rather than just find a decent use of their time.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I.... don't actually care about this event as much as you make it sound I do. I never heard of it before and as I type this I would have to scroll higher up the thread to even remember the name of it

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I.... don't actually care about this event as much as you make it sound I do. I never heard of it before and as I type this I would have to scroll higher up the thread to even remember the name of it
So what you are saying is... you shouldn't have posted, since you had nothing to actually say.