Adventure: Guide Listings with new titles & Vintage Playset

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few things...

A couple of guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have short plot descriptions for episodes 2 thru 5, along with titles up to episode 6.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Updated- Seconds after I posted rough titles onkei showed up with full translations of the titles and descriptions.

Episode 2 - War Game
April 12th / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
Elementary school student Taichi Yagami, along with a strange Digimon creature who calls himself Agumon, take down a Digimon causing cyber terrorism throughout Tokyo. However, the Digimon's attack wasn't over. This time, it was attacking the USA military's tactical network. During that, Taichi and Greymon (Agumon's evolved form) meet a boy named Yamato Ishida and his Digimon partner Garurumon (Gabumon's evolved form) inside the digital area. Taichi calls for Yamato and Garurumon to form a team with them and fight the threat.

Episode 3 - To the Digital World
April 19th / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
The USA military's tactical network is invaded by a Digimon and the military system goes haywire. Taichi and his team fight desperately to stop the missiles, but the more they take down the enemy Digimon, the more it evolves. Then missiles are launched at Tokyo. The enemy Digimon shoots out balls of light that directly hit Greymon and Garurumon, when a giant white Digimon appears...?!

Episode 4 - Birdramon Flies
April 26th / Screenplay by Kenichi Yamashita
Blackouts occur throughout the city. Taichi and Koushiro Izumi, who knows a lot about the internet, worry that something has happened in the Digital World where Agumon and the others are. Koushiro estimates that if the blackout continues for more than 72 hours, it will paralyze all of Tokyo's municipal functions. "We're the only ones who can do something about this!" so the kids head once more to the Digital World. But the world they came upon looked vastly different from how they'd seen it before. Also, Taichi thought that he had reached the Digital World with Koushiro, but who came with him instead was Taichi's childhood friend, Sora Takenouchi.

Episode 5 - The Holy Digimon
May 3rd / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
The deadline for Tokyo's municipal functions ceasing is approaching. Taichi, Agumon, and Sora search for a solution and aim for the "temple" that was written on a lithograph in the Digital World. Meanwhile, Koushiro who arrived in a different part of the Digital World, communicates with Taichi while gathering information with a Digimon that he met there, Tentomon. But then, Koushiro and Tentomon are swallowed up by a mysterious giant Digimon...?!

Episode 6 - The Targeted Kingdom
May 10th / Screen by Hiroshi Yamaguchi

On top of that, the Digimon Web Twitter showed a neat vintage playset from the original Digimon Adventure...

A quicky translation of the text they posted with it, will be cleaned up later:
From out of the warehouse... "Action Adventure Digimon Mountain"
Agumon & MetalGreymon jump and cross bridges through an adventure to stop Vamdemon. It's big and there are many play gimmicks that cause the tension to rise!

Thanks to a baidu user for the guide listings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks pretty promising. Lots of action await us!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man I remember trying to get that toy on eBay when I was a kid. Gooood times.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those sound quite promising, I feel with the "mysterious giant Digimon" they might be quite already actively developing a grander plot besides the "Digimon of the week shenanigans", and even those are multi-episode affairs... that's all great news, and already somewhat alleviating my fear that the series might spin its wheels for a while like some of the previous first arcs did.
The part about the digital world is kind of unclear... the episode 4 summary seems to imply that the Digital world itself might dynamically shift appearances? That could be an interesting gimmick, but it would also establishing consistent lore very hard. Or it could just mean that they traveled to a different part... but in that case the wording would be very awkward (Also they are going to the digital world, yet there's no word about the summer camp... I wonder if they just off-screen that).
I also wonder if Algomon is eliminated in episode 3 or if he's still the main threat main threat in the other episodes, since nothing about the cause of the other disturbances is mentioned...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, they sure have made it more different then the original. This is good.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really hoping the "giant white Digimon" isn't Omnimon... I don't even want him foreshadowed at this point in the series, much less a possible "burst evolution" into him.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That white and giant Digimon could as well be Kerpymon.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really hoping the "giant white Digimon" isn't Omnimon... I don't even want him foreshadowed at this point in the series, much less a possible "burst evolution" into him.
I really doubt the "giant white Digimon" is Omegamon, since it appears when Greymon and Garurumon are attacked.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's not only in the opening, Omegamon's head is literally the logo of the new series lol. They're not being subtle about it for it to really be foreshadowing, it's more a plot element at this point. The fact that Omegamon could appear this early means the fusion itself will play a greater role in the relationship between Taichi and Yamato over the course of the series. Which, I have to say, is a lot more interesting than how Omegamon was handled originally. Only tri. did anything with it, and that series arguably could have done better with that angle. Still, it was one element I really liked so I'd be happy to see it explored differently here.

Anyways, knowing we're supposedly getting to Omegamon so soon implies we probably won't see Yamato as part of the main group for a while (as hinted in the ED), and instead we'll see the rest of the group form around Taichi. At least, that's assuming the Digimon in question really is Omegamon. For all we know, it could be Angemon and I might just be jumping the gun.

Last edited:

Leoil01

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it will be omegamon just not their omgeamonthe way it sounds is that omegamon saves them this omegamon could be from the royal knights

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those sound quite promising, I feel with the "mysterious giant Digimon" they might be quite already actively developing a grander plot besides the "Digimon of the week shenanigans", and even those are multi-episode affairs... that's all great news, and already somewhat alleviating my fear that the series might spin its wheels for a while like some of the previous first arcs did.
The part about the digital world is kind of unclear... the episode 4 summary seems to imply that the Digital world itself might dynamically shift appearances? That could be an interesting gimmick, but it would also establishing consistent lore very hard. Or it could just mean that they traveled to a different part... but in that case the wording would be very awkward (Also they are going to the digital world, yet there's no word about the summer camp... I wonder if they just off-screen that).
I also wonder if Algomon is eliminated in episode 3 or if he's still the main threat main threat in the other episodes, since nothing about the cause of the other disturbances is mentioned...
My theory about the summary of Episode 4 is that Taichi and the others still don't know the Network World and Digital World are different places. So, when they travel to the Digital World, they would be surprise about the big difference.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the introduction to a war game to the Digital World in the first three episodes!? The pacing of the overall story here is insane lol. I'm surprised and maybe a little let down that it seems to take until episode 5 to meet Tentomon, hopefully everything is handled well

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really doubt the "giant white Digimon" is Omegamon, since it appears when Greymon and Garurumon are attacked.
Could it be some version of Omegamon without the Garurumon and Greymon heads - just the center, maybe? A baby Omegamon to fight Baby Algomon.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode 1 "Greymon"
Episode 2 "Garurumon"

Episode 3 A giant white digimon

Episode 4 "Birdramon"
Episode 5 "Tentomon" and most probably Kabuterimon

Giant white digimon? I say it's "Ikkakumon" based on the pattern.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting titles and synopses. I'm most curious about the lore they're gonna delve into.

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was also thinking Ikkakumon, but i'm trying to figure out how affective Ikkakumon would be able to help fold a threat like Algomon in Ultimate form? Other than that, I'm gonna guess it's Omegamon or a new digimon that will help them along the way and provide guidance as they get closer to their calling.

Heck! wild card... It could be Gatomon.

Kaio-san

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not used to post here.

But considering the white feather we saw in the 2nd ep preview as some kind of foreshadow... what if this white digimon appering in the ep 3 is actually angewomon or angemon?

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was also thinking Ikkakumon, but i'm trying to figure out how affective Ikkakumon would be able to help fold a threat like Algomon in Ultimate form? Other than that, I'm gonna guess it's Omegamon or a new digimon that will help them along the way and provide guidance as they get closer to their calling.

Heck! wild card... It could be Gatomon.
could also be a hippogriffomon or gesomon

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh so Argomon is a three episode plot, interesting. Sounds like they become Omnimon super early too, but from Greymon and Garurumon. That's new. Also sounds like nothing really happens in episode 2, with episode 3 having the proper resoution. A couple of mini multi episode arcs like that would give it a Yugioh feel, where their fights are 2/3 episodes each. (not counting season 1, where they get ridic and have 6+). I'd be all for that.

sounds like Angemon will be in that "Holy Digimon" episode.

I wonder if the vague "giant digimon" is new.