Adventure: Guide Listings Show Episode Titles for 16 thru 18 & Synopsis'

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really looking forward to these episodes, it’s always nice to get something that deviates from a predictable format. Looks like a three episode arc, which generally translates to some big developments in terms of this series. Besides the new Digimon, the thing I’m most curious to see is if Episode 16 ends up working in any references to Episode 21 of the original series.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Drops the jaw* New Ultimate level Digimon? And Evo for that Orochimon?! I wonder if they finally brought some claims to make sense for Susanoomon seal Orochimon in profile to back up to prove how dangerous he is.

I really pray for Bearmon and Triceramon to get new evos! Maybe save some for Bird Digimon too whose in Rearise game all Holy Beasts revealed in their bizarre random Evo lines.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Orochimon went from being a background thing never really doing anything to getting Ebonwumon as a Mega in Tri, and a now new Mega here, and making its video game debut in ReArise. Good for Orochimon, it's a pretty good Digimon. A good few years for this snek. I wonder if they have a ReArise model ready to go for when it debuts in the anime like they did with the Kizuna forms. They already have Orochimon after all.
I wish we had an adult level snek Digimon. They had to use Dinohumon for Xuanwumon and Coatlmon for Sandiramon.

At least make Hubmon fully canon, dang it. Is a snake wearing glasses with a router at the end any more silly than a samurai chicken or a computer mouse turtle.?

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they finally brought some claims to make sense for Susanoomon seal Orochimon in profile
Because one of Susanoo's most famous actions was murdering the Orochi and getting a cool sword off of its corpse.

I really pray for Bearmon and Triceramon to get new evos!
...What would Triceramon even get? They used Monoclonius for an Adult, and there aren't exactly that many famous Ceratopsids out there, especially not that compare to the Trike. What, you want Styracomon or Chasmomon even though they'd probably be pretty underwhelming Ultimates? The only other alternative is just using a different dinosaur, at which point Spinomon exists, or making it metal, which is still lazy, though admittedly they've done it for plenty of other dinosaurs.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they finally brought some claims to make sense for Susanoomon seal Orochimon in profile
Because one of Susanoo's most famous actions was murdering the Orochi and getting a cool sword off of its corpse.
Yeah... Another Susanoo's famous action... That killed poor maid for his precious garden if I remember that part correctly. But I'm talking about Susanoomon's profile mentioning Orochimon whose is... A Perfect level that was very odd part to me in my view. Personally I prefer the Ultimate level enemy which may make more sense. But I hope it will change alot if that new form's profile will be involved with Susanoomon/Orochimon or not...

I really pray for Bearmon and Triceramon to get new evos!
...What would Triceramon even get? They used Monoclonius for an Adult, and there aren't exactly that many famous Ceratopsids out there, especially not that compare to the Trike. What, you want Styracomon or Chasmomon even though they'd probably be pretty underwhelming Ultimates? The only other alternative is just using a different dinosaur, at which point Spinomon exists, or making it metal, which is still lazy, though admittedly they've done it for plenty of other dinosaurs.
There are tons of Cyborg, Machine, Armor, and involving Weapons armed for Ultimate levels. But so fewer pure types like Ultimate level with a pure Dinosaur type. Dinorexmon and Spinomon... That's it. Needs more pure Dinosaur types! Besides Plesiomon...

Honestly no idea if there are any famous tri horned herbivore dinos.... But obviously they will come up in surprise ways with new ideas. I bet there are still unknown dinosaur fossils yet have to get discovered in real life I suppose they will notice and get inspired to design new digimons for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are tons of ceratopsians to use pachrinosaurus pentaceratops sinoceratops are to name a few if any of you have played fossil fighters you know how diverse tir honed dinos are

Last edited by a moderator:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
UltimateBrachimon has a ceratopsid-style head and debuted as an Ultimate of Triceramon X in the Pendulum X (it also predates Spinomon in the newer Accel). It's pretty much the most suitable evolution for Triceramon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but typically when they do that it's when they're introducing a full line from Child to Ultimate, or even Baby I to Ultimate, not adding a line to an existing Digimon.
Not really? Plenty of pre-existing Digimon received newer (pre-)evolutions with unique names. RustTyrannomon, Titanmon, V-mon (in relation to V-dramon), Turuiemon/Antylamon(Data), etc. Are you also ignoring Orochimon's Nidhoggmon too?

Most likely, the primary reason Algomon's line kept the same name is that there was already a precedent with the Perfect/Ultimate's names. Shademon (again, assuming it's related) doesn't have that precedent. In fact, Luminamon "technically" sets the opposite precedent.
They gain evolutions, or prevolutions, one at a time. They don't typically gain both at once. That's the difference. Look at Algomon, they addend a whole line to a preexisting Digimon and gave them all the same name, because it was easier to do that than give each a different name. Zubamon, by contrast, got it's entire line at once and all had different names. Given the precedent they've set so far, it would be more likely that if Shademon was being given both a Baby and Perfect form at the same time, they would likely be called Shademon.

Eyesmon is probably that thing that hatched from the Egg at the end of episode 3. It's about time they showed that thing.

Nidhoggmon should be interesting, I'm surprised it took them this long to make it. The lore of the actual monster is linked to Yggdrasil, so maybe he'll show up too at some point.

Orochimon went from being a background thing never really doing anything to getting Ebonwumon as a Mega in Tri, and a now new Mega here, and making its video game debut in ReArise. Good for Orochimon, it's a pretty good Digimon. A good few years for this snek. I wonder if they have a ReArise model ready to go for when it debuts in the anime like they did with the Kizuna forms. They already have Orochimon after all.

Prob gonna see some Megas to fight it.
The synopsis says it has many eyes. The thing that hatched only had two, so it's probably an evolved form.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They gain evolutions, or prevolutions, one at a time. They don't typically gain both at once. That's the difference. Look at Algomon, they addend a whole line to a preexisting Digimon and gave them all the same name, because it was easier to do that than give each a different name. Zubamon, by contrast, got it's entire line at once and all had different names. Given the precedent they've set so far, it would be more likely that if Shademon was being given both a Baby and Perfect form at the same time, they would likely be called Shademon.
By that argument, Algomon is completely irrelevant because it doesn't gain both evolutions and pre-evolutions. It only gained pre-evolutions.

Also again, Algomon had already set a precedent of same-names with its Perfect and Ultimate. Shademon does not have such a precedent. There is a fundamental difference from the beginning, so Algomon's situation is unsuitable for a close comparison.

There are also still prior examples of adding lines to pre-existing Digimon. Chicomon>Chibimon>V-mon for V-dramon. Rapidmon(Green)>SaintGalgomon for Galgomon.

And of course, the most drastic example is Cyberdramon. Originally a fan-contest standalone Digimon that debuted in the Pendulum 5.5 V-Pet, Cyberdramon gained an entire evolution line, both pre-evolutions and evolutions, from Baby I all the way to Ultimate.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By that argument, Algomon is completely irrelevant because it doesn't gain both evolutions and pre-evolutions. It only gained pre-evolutions.

Also again, Algomon had already set a precedent of same-names with its Perfect and Ultimate. Shademon does not have such a precedent. There is a fundamental difference from the beginning, so Algomon's situation is unsuitable for a close comparison.

There are also still prior examples of adding lines to pre-existing Digimon. Chicomon>Chibimon>V-mon for V-dramon. Rapidmon(Green)>SaintGalgomon for Galgomon.

And of course, the most drastic example is Cyberdramon. Originally a fan-contest standalone Digimon that debuted in the Pendulum 5.5 V-Pet, Cyberdramon gained an entire evolution line, both pre-evolutions and evolutions, from Baby I all the way to Ultimate.
Huh. I wasn't aware that Cyberdramon was originally a fanmon.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Huh. I wasn't aware that Cyberdramon was originally a fanmon.
Me neither. Makes you wonder what kind Bandai/the writers were thinking when they used him for Tamers and if they had something else in plan.

But anywho, back on topic.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God I love this series. It's hard to predict what happens next.
Right now, the biggest mystery is devimon. The first ultimate will show up soon, but this adult digimon is still have things to do to the plot. It's the most realistic version of digimon I've ever seen, and it is getting better and better as the time goes on. (OK those movies aimed for adults show us some real life problems of the chosen childs, but fail to depict a believable version of digital world and its life forms.)

New digimon are always welcomed, but what I'm really curious to know is the result of Takeru and Hikari's reaction. Another miracle that happens in the same episode, or something that influences the events of episode 19?
A miracle that happens to a non-partner digimon is what I love to see.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did all of the above already: people forget about it but Ultimate Brachimon was designed to be Triceramon’s Ultimate. It may have Brachimon’s name but it has Triceramon’s head and to top it off: Brachimon can’t even evolve from it, it was designed as Triceramon X’s Evolution for the PendulumX 2.0!

It is funny, though since they changed species save for the head and covered it in metal, as you said.

I do agree we don’t have enough Ultimate Dino (and prehistoric reptile) Digimon though. Especially compared to all the dinosaur Adults and Perfects. If you subtract the Greymon (which are basically their own mythology by now) it really just comes down to Plesiomon, Ultimate Brachimon, Rust Tyranomon, DinoRexmon, Canondramon, and Spinomon.

I hope this miracle isn’t just Omegamon again, or War Greymon for that matter.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this is when Takeru and Hikari will save the day. I kinda suspect that Takeru will join Taichi team (this is why Hikari is not seen in the Ending as she will be introduced later), but Taichi won't know that he's Yamato's younger brother until the team will meet Yamato himself.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like how they are choosing a variety of digimon^^ *make them all known lol

I wonder if megas very soon lol (our omnimon again) then megas follow after? hmmm *endless possibilities xD

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like how they are choosing a variety of digimon^^ *make them all known lol

I wonder if megas very soon lol (our omnimon again) then megas follow after? hmmm *endless possibilities xD
We still didn't defeat Devimon the Champion, and soon will face Nidhoggmon The Mega ;). Devimon stopped being important sooner than we expected.

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way it looks, I wonder how the Adult-level Devimon is going to stand against them now that the Chosen Children are very likely to get to their Ultimate-level soon.
Perhaps the next time we see Devimon, we will see him as Perfect-level NeoDevimon, or as Vamdemon, or warp-evolved to Ultimate-level Digimon like Demon when confronting the Chosen Children.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way it looks, I wonder how the Adult-level Devimon is going to stand against them now that the Chosen Children are very likely to get to their Ultimate-level soon.
Perhaps the next time we see Devimon, we will see him as Perfect-level NeoDevimon, or as Vamdemon, or warp-evolved to Ultimate-level Digimon like Demon when confronting the Chosen Children.
Or the plot twist is that Devimon has a partner and they’re doing an expy of Neo Saiba. All of the main villains from 01 except Etemon are just different levels of Pico Devimon’s line. That would also explain why they’re using Soundbirdmon instead of Pico Devimon.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are tons of ceratopsians to use pachrinosaurus pentaceratops sinoceratops are to name a few if any of you have played fossil fighters you know how diverse tir honed dinos are
I'm well aware, as a dinosaur lover myself (did you know there is precisely 0 Triassic representatives in Digimon? An actual major missed opportunity, gimme Herreramon and Coelophymon, or go into the ancient mammals like Gorgonomon.) but it'd be extremely odd if one of the less known ones got put over top of the Triceratops, because, well, people care about Triceratops. They don't care about Torosaurus.
I do agree we don’t have enough Ultimate Dino (and prehistoric reptile) Digimon though.
I can agree on that, but I think ceratopsians are a bad place to go up from. Arguably they should never have made things like Stegomon and Allomon as Armors and used them as high forms, but... too late, I guess.