Adventure: Guide Listings Show Episode Titles for 16 thru 18 & Synopsis'

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 15 thru 18(the official episode title translations in the end may very well be different than these.)

The first image has a longer plot synopsis for each episode. Images 2 has staff details, plus a short synopsis for 15. Stuff for episode 15 isn't being translated as we already have similar information from on display at Adventure Sunday Market.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Ep 16, Invasion of Tokyo- The Jet-Black Shadow
Taichi Yagami, Koushiro Izumi, and Mimi Tachikawa pass through a cave tunnel in order to reach the spot where they will be rejoining with Yamato's group. Once they step out of it, however, they see the familiar Tokyo scenery before them. They wonder if they have returned to their world. Unable to understand what happened, they each head back to their homes, but even though the place does not appear any different from the Tokyo that they know, something is off. Unable to reach their homes, they remain discomforted and confused when a Digimon with lots of eyes called 'Eyesmon' appears.

Ep 17, Last Battle in Tokyo- Orochimon
Just when they thought they'd beaten the powerful Tuskmon, the even larger eight-headed Orochimon appears before Taichi and co. Orochimon's power is overwhelming, and they cannot stand against it even working together. They end up running away, scattering in different directions. Meanwhile, in the real Shibuya, Orochimon's presence is causing several malfunctions. If they don't do something, Taichi's sister Hikari and Yamato's brother Takeru, along with several other Tokyo citizens, will be in danger. ALthough Taichi and Yamato are separated from their friends, they gather up their courage to take down Orochimon in a reckless strategy.

Ep 18, Countdown to Tokyo's Annihilation
Although they manage to defeat Orochimon, a mysterious countdown suddenly begins right after. This phenomenon occurs in the real world's Tokyo as well, with the digital devices that people are carrying malfunctioning. Taichi and co are on alert when Orochimon's evolved Ultimate form "Nidhoggmon" appears. Nidhoggmon's moves correlate with the countdown- when it reaches zero, it has the ability to destroy Tokyo. Taichi and co are unable to stand a chance against this powerful Ultimate... Just then, a strange reaction occurs within the bodies of Hikari and Takeru back in the real world.

Nice to get it all for episodes we haven't seen anything of yet, which appear to be big episodes!

Thanks to Digi_Channel for the heads up, a baidu user for the images, and onkei for translations.

Attachments

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've always wanted an unique evolution for Orochimon; moreover, Nidhogg is one of my favorite mythological dragon. This is like a dream come true.

Eyesmon is very interesting. The anime's finally back with the eye-thematic brought upon by Algomon. Presumably, Eyesmon is that black Shademon-like shadow.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Digimon!! Yey!!

One based on Níðhöggr (norse dragon), that sounds good and even better if it's an evolution from other digimon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, that wasn't a Baby level for Shademon, but a totally new Digimon. I wonder if it will have evolved. It must have, since the kids have 6 perfect level Digimon. Wonder if we'll get a full line reveal.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I've realized is that the unknown Ultimate in the Pendulum Z Nature Spirits is probably Nidhoggmon.

So, that wasn't a Baby level for Shademon, but a totally new Digimon. I wonder if it will have evolved. It must have, since the kids have 6 perfect level Digimon. Wonder if we'll get a full line reveal.
I mean, it can still be both. A Digimon doesn't have to have the same name to be in the same evolution line.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they deliberately decided not to introduce many new Digimon until after the current arc... but this is pretty interesting. I didn't think the whole Tokyo plot line would become that prominent until after they defeat Devimon but Orochimon as a super trong Perfect and even a new Ultimates really looks like something new and exciting yet again, I am continually impressed about how the new anime continues to develop its beyond the generic expectations set by its predecessor. (I am a bit disappointed that the monster from episode 3 apparently wasn't Shademon... oh well).
Based on the pacing so far I've expected the first chosen Ultimate to appear around episode 22-24, and with our first Ultimate villain debuting in episode 18, it seems that we could get there around that time or even sooner.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I've realized is that the unknown Ultimate in the Pendulum Z Nature Spirits is probably Nidhoggmon.
I mean, it can still be both. A Digimon doesn't have to have the same name to be in the same evolution line.
True, but as I said, Eyesmon must at least be Perfect, while Shademon is an adult, so I'd think that they'd keep the same name for simplicity's sake, since otherwise they'd have to come up with a different name than Shademon or Eyesmon for the baby form.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True, but as I said, Eyesmon must at least be Perfect, while Shademon is an adult, so I'd think that they'd keep the same name for simplicity's sake, since otherwise they'd have to come up with a different name than Shademon or Eyesmon for the baby form.
We don't know the level, or if they even fight it. Moreover, we don't know if it's even a different stage from when we see it hatch from its Digiegg (which we also don't know whether it's even a Baby or not).

Also, it wouldn't be the first time they came up with different names for each stage of an evolution line (or rather, that's literally 99.9% of Digimon), assuming they are related.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Stuff like this is exactly why I watch Colon even though I'm not a huge fan. Seeing new Digimon debut is always great fun. Both of these sound very interesting, I can't wait to see the designs.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yaaay new Digimon! And a more proper evolution for Shademon than Luminamon it seems? I'm down for it!

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are we going to get WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon already?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... I'm happy. These are going to be good episodes. Can't. Wait.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We don't know the level, or if they even fight it. Moreover, we don't know if it's even a different stage from when we see it hatch from its Digiegg (which we also don't know whether it's even a Baby or not).

Also, it wouldn't be the first time they came up with different names for each stage of an evolution line (or rather, that's literally 99.9% of Digimon), assuming they are related.
Yeah, but typically when they do that it's when they're introducing a full line from Child to Ultimate, or even Baby I to Ultimate, not adding a line to an existing Digimon.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank god we get new villains because episodes 4-15 have been a snoozefest.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but typically when they do that it's when they're introducing a full line from Child to Ultimate, or even Baby I to Ultimate, not adding a line to an existing Digimon.
Not really? Plenty of pre-existing Digimon received newer (pre-)evolutions with unique names. RustTyrannomon, Titanmon, V-mon (in relation to V-dramon), Turuiemon/Antylamon(Data), etc. Are you also ignoring Orochimon's Nidhoggmon too?

Most likely, the primary reason Algomon's line kept the same name is that there was already a precedent with the Perfect/Ultimate's names. Shademon (again, assuming it's related) doesn't have that precedent. In fact, Luminamon "technically" sets the opposite precedent.

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just when they thought they'd beaten the powerful Tuskmon
Ah yes, the powerful "that digimon they fought six of a few episodes back and presented no threat which is a level below them."

Well, at least I can hope for a redemption, by which I mean the thing even fighting at all.

Taichi and co are on alert when Orochimon's evolved Ultimate form "Nidhoggmon" appears.
Already the Ultimates?!?! I mean, I'd get it if it was something like Mercurimon in Savers, where they could have never beaten it on their own, but... shit, even that waited a bit longer before it had a Must Kill Now Ultimate interaction in Saberleomon, and Savers rushed through the forms.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eyesmon is probably that thing that hatched from the Egg at the end of episode 3. It's about time they showed that thing.

Nidhoggmon should be interesting, I'm surprised it took them this long to make it. The lore of the actual monster is linked to Yggdrasil, so maybe he'll show up too at some point.

Orochimon went from being a background thing never really doing anything to getting Ebonwumon as a Mega in Tri, and a now new Mega here, and making its video game debut in ReArise. Good for Orochimon, it's a pretty good Digimon. A good few years for this snek. I wonder if they have a ReArise model ready to go for when it debuts in the anime like they did with the Kizuna forms. They already have Orochimon after all.

Prob gonna see some Megas to fight it.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm excited to see Orochimon get more love here. Between getting what sounds like a good fight and a new Ultimate in Nighoggmon he's going to have a great showing here. I'm also happy to get Nighoggmon since we don't get too many Norse themed Digimon and Nighoggmon has some potential for a cool design depending on how they go about it (I'm assuming he'll be snake-like to match Orochimon, but we'll see).