Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 61 through 64- Returning Characters, Crests, & The Beginning of the End

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
61-64guide1_august8_2021.png
61-64guide2_august8_2021.jpg

New guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 61 thru 64 (the official episode title translations in the end may very well be different than these). We already had the title for 61, so we are using the official title.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Episode 61- Where I Want To Return (August 15th)
During the journey, Takeru Takaishi and Patamon reunite with Eldoradimon who is desperately trying to climb a mountain. They also reunite with Leomon, who tells them that Eldoradimon is trying to use the mountain to return to its homeland of Cloud Continent. At the foot of the mountain, Gravimon (who constantly makes snide comments) as well as many of the other Digimon whom Leomon had rescued watch Eldoradimon's efforts. They could all see that, with Eldoradimon's giant size, getting to the top of the mountain would be impossible. Despite this, Takeru does his utmost to grant Eldoradimon's wish.

Episode 62- Shakkoumon's Tears (August 22nd)
Following her digivice, Sora Takenouchi and Piyomon arrive at cultivated land, where they help Neemon, Junkmon, Muchomon and co help turn the wasteland into cultivated soil. They plan to reform the land into a Digimon's paradise one day. Taichi Yagami and Agumon meet up with them. However, by chance, Shakkoumon who was asleep beneath the ground, awakens and goes berserk. Taichi and Greymon face him down, but Shakkoumon's attack turns Greymon back to Agumon, leaving Sora and Garudamon to fight on their own. During the fight, Shakkoumon's "memories of the ancient war" flow into Sora and Garudamon's minds. It was a memory of something that had occurred during the fierce battle, of a tragedy that had happened between Shakkoumon and the Cupimon that had sealed him away.

Episode 63- Crest of Courage (August 29th)
Taichi and Agumon appear at a mysterious castle. Valkyrimon is waiting for them there, and separates Taichi from Agumon, throwing Taichi into an unknown world inhabited by violent Digimon. Taichi is confused by the sudden development, but saves a baby Botamon from a Goblimon that's about to attack and searches for an exit. As he protects Botamon without Agumon there to help, Taichi faces one challenge after another. What is Valkyrimon after?

Episode 64- The Angels' Determination (September 5th)
Taichi and the other Chosen Children regroup once more at the Tree of Knowledge. Having found the key to the mystery of the Crests, what answer have they come upon? The truth of their adventures is soon revealed. Meanwhile, abnormalities are springing up in the digital world little by little. The landscape gives way to white, empty space, ignoring the laws of physics. Thie was the beginning of the "great destruction" that was to come. The only ones who can stop it are the Chosen Children and their Digimon. At last, the final battle begins!

A good number of returning characters, a few new things, and the beginning of the end.

Thanks to a friend of the site for images and onkei for the translations.

Attachments

• 61-64guide2_august8_2021.jpg
    61-64guide2_august8_2021.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 15,066

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The antagonist still seems vague. Some kind of deletion or something.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Crest of Courage episode again? I hope that will be the episode they need to give Blitzgreymon another chance to shine...anyways reading into this bothered me yet again. It would seem that stuff just suddenly jump out of nowhere in order to push the story forward. Pretty much just Adventure's version of Xros Wars

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's strange how it feels like we're at the midway point of the story in terms of plot, but we're actually right next to the end. They really didn't spend these 60+ episodes that well.

Shakkoumon being a Digimon from the Holy War would make for a really interesting case to reintroduce Armadillomon in an 02: (which we seemingly aren't getting, or at least anytime soon)

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay I'm really glad they didn't toss aside the Ancient war completely after Milleniummon's defeat. There was a lot of potential with the Holy Digimon shown there! Glad the Shakkoumon ep seems to address that somewhat with flashbacks. Slightly strange it's a Sora centric one and not T.K/Kari given the theme but Sora is owed an ep.

I'm glad we'll be seeing Valkyrimon too, guessing he's putting Taichi through trials to unlock the Crest.

Lastly the Angel's determination is probably where Seraphimon and Ophanimon debut and also the first ep in the final 3 ep arc. Bring it on!

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Calling it now, Botamon is Agumon from the past

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay I'm really glad they didn't toss aside the Ancient war completely after Milleniummon's defeat. There was a lot of potential with the Holy Digimon shown there! Glad the Shakkoumon ep seems to address that somewhat with flashbacks. Slightly strange it's a Sora centric one and not T.K/Kari given the theme but Sora is owed an ep.
Why they would toss it aside? We still have Ghoulmon/Deathmon that was the main Villain back then and seems to be the big bad now. Millennimmon was just the weapon. Yeah Sora being the one to confront Shakkumon seems weird.

All episodes seem to have something interesting. Really hope that by 64 we get Ophanimon and Seraphimon. Its so sad that we won't get them for more than 3 episodes... Sad that this series ends.

Calling it now, Botamon is Agumon from the past
Love the idea!

Taichi-Mon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
taichi + shakkoumon = double nightmare😂

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really? This is the worse anime I've watched in my whole life. 60+ episodes going around in circles. They wasted the mega. All of them only appeared 1x in the series with the exception of wargreymon. They barely used the Omegamon in the beginning and in the middle and still messed up the valkyrimon playing it as enemy of the week.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...The non-Tai and Matt Megas are going to show up twice each. The choice of opponent for Sora seems to suggest that.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode 62 giving major Xros Wars' Heaven Zone vibes.

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was wondering when they would bring Sora back, since she didnt get to activate her crest in Hououmon's debut. Heck, she could've been present for literally anybody else's episode instead of Tai, but I digress. But also Shakkoumon making an appearance AND Valkyrimon!!! I was thinking about how Valkyrimon is so under-utilizied.

Theory, Shakkoumon is the SlashAngemon of the holy Digimon, just devolved.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like my speculation in the Episode 61 preview thread was mostly right. Angels are showing up an episode earlier form what I expected, though.

61: So Gravimon is part of the group rather than explicitely an enemy? Could very well end up revealed as sabotaging Eldoradimon anyway (it's what I expect), but maybe not.
62: Seems like a continuation of Sora's "protect the little ones" theme in this series. I was expecting her previous "Piyomon doesn't want me to protect her, she wants to work alongside me" development to be the end of that, but "what happens when the caregiver is hurting" seems like an even better end to it.
63: Obvious time loop is obvious. The more interesting thing here is that a Goblimon is involved, thus continuing that connection with Ogremon.
64: "Everything turns to nothing" sounds like it's thematically going for the same stuff as Apocalymon.

Overall, sounds like a decent batch of episodes.

Brodul Digimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why it's always Taichi but good thing Seraphimon and Ofanimon appear at episode 64

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shouldn't this topic be pinned?

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
64 is the "Beggining of the end", and since all end-of-arc plots have taken 3 episodes to end, seems like 66 was the right number of eps after all
Out of these, Shakkoumon episode really catches my eye. Some lore would certainly be appreciated before getting ready to wrap things up
The description for the next episode implies in a kinda funny way that Gravimon wont really do anything? He's just described as an asshole bystander

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How many more episodes of Adventure: are there left after ep 64? I hope for the fans that it has enough time for a satisfying conclusion especially since we know a new series is coming.
All information until now points to a 66 episode count. If Ghost Game starts in October we may or may not have a bit more, depending on any skipped weeks or a hiatus in-between series.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Sora should have been in between some of the current episodes....seems kinda random xD
Tai appeared at the end of Vikemon's epi ( and everyone elses)
and now his own full episode ....
Im hoping Shakkoumon turns to /was Clavisange not slashange
Weird Miecoomon's mega not popping up? hmm