Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 56 through 60- New Evolutions, Returning Locations & Villains, & More

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
56-60guide1_june8_2021.png

New guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 56 thru 60 (the official episode title translations in the end may very well be different than these). We already had the title for 56, so we are using the official title.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Episode 56- The Gold Wolf of the Crescent Moon (July 11th)
During the night, Yamato Ishida and his partner Gabumon encounter Zanbamon, a ghost-like Digimon who wields a giant sword and cuts down Digimon one after the other. They are unable to fight Zanbamon because all attacks pass through him. Yamato and Gabumon save Strabimon, the sole survivor of the attack, and learn from a small community who lives in fear of Zanbamon that there was once a swordsman Digimon who had locked Zanbamon away. In order to defeat Zanbamon, they would need the legendary sword that the swordsman used...

Episode 57- Contact from Destruction (July 18th)
Taichi Yagami and his partner Agumon wander into a mysterious temple. Awaiting them there are countless Child II Argomon. They surround Taichi and Agumon before evolving to Adult. One of them evolves even further to Perfect, and challenge Taichi and Agumon to a life-threatening "Experiment and Proof." Taichi is taken by the Adult levels, while Agumon is trapped in a strange area. What is the Perfect level Argomon up to, and what is its real identity?

Episode 58- Light of New Life (July 25th)
Taichi's sister Hikari, with her partner Tailmon, and Yamato's brother Takeru Takaishi, with his partner Patamon, visit the land that Petaldramon had turned into a forest. This was apparently the destination that Hikari was seeking. The forest had become a place where Digieggs, the eggs that Digimon hatch from, were nurtured, and the group reunites with Muchomon and the others. According to them, Soulmon would appear from time to time to prevent some of the Digieggs from hatching, which was how Muchomon and them ended up protecting them. Taichi and Agumon join up with them, but soon after, they are attacked by SkullBaluchimon, a Digimon who abhors "life" with a passion and smelled the arrival of the holy Digimon. Taichi and the others flee into the forest carrying the soon-to-hatch Digieggs, while Hikari and HolyAngemon remain behind to protect the remaining Digieggs and face SkullBaluchimon...

Episode 59- Electric Light, HerculesKabuterimon (August 1st)
Guided by the Crest of Knowledge, Koushiro Izumi and his partner Tentomon return to the great canyon of overlapping rocks. Awaiting the both of them there was Nanomon, a knowledge-crazed Digimon. To decide who was the true user of knowledge, Nanomon challenges Koushiro to a puzzle game. Taichi joins up with Koushiro, and to save Whamon who is held hostage, they face the dungeon that Nanomon has prepared. However, it becomes apparent that every time a puzzle is incorrectly solved in that dungeon, one of their friends is taken away.

Episode 60- Vikemon, Conquerer of the Glaciers (August 8th)
Due to an unknown cause, the hot springs where Jou Kido and his partner Gomamon are staying at dry out. If nothing is done soon, all of the Digimon living at the hot spring will freeze. As the leader, Jou decides to head to a paradise of legend located in the south. Along the way, he happens to run into Mimi Tachikawa and Palmon, and the two join together to continue the journey. However, a group of pirates led by Olegmon attack them, and Jou is taken as a prisoner of war.

The next few episodes have a few returning locations, the return of the Argomon, some evolutions... and Olegmon.

Thanks to a friend of the site for images and onkei for the translations.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 10,264

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally, Heraklekabuterimon. The only real reason I’m still remotely invested in this show.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Olegmon, yesss

Regalecusmon would have been better but this will do

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The legendary sword probably isnt referring to CresGarurumon but maybe it is? would be more fun if it was a Legend Arm.

Argomon episode sounds weird. These things sure hate Tai and Agumon huh? maybe they remember dying to them lol.

Soulmon and Baluchimon are random. doesnt sound like a Mega is coming unless maybe Magnadramon?

Hercules vs Datamon, maybe datamon gets a mega there. also
this explains why there's a whamon as an ally in the digivice: vpet toy

now vikemon vs olegmon, that fight is perfect. theyre basically both vikings

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi and Agumon again? Zzzzz....

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Small typo: it's "Baby II", not "Child II", in the 57th episode.

Given the apparent intelligence of this Perfect Algomon, it's possible it's the humanoid form rather than the slightly-redesigned Worm Phase from episode 2.

Interesting how Petaldramon's forest has become the new "Primary Village."

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's cool they're acknowledging Olegmon and Vikemon have nearly identical themes and lore.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be surprised if we got a new Ultimate in the SkullBaluchimon episode, but I'm glad to see HerculesKabuterimon and Vikemon show up. It looks like the Algomon episode might end up related to the main plot?

As for the swordsman Digimon: It's Beowolfmon or AncientGarurumon, absolutely.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hercules vs Datamon, maybe datamon gets a mega there.
I hope so. Nanomon is kind of an evolutionary cul-de-sac because out of the 100+ Ultimates, there's only like maybe three that emphasize intelligence over raw strength. It's basically Vulcanusmon, Ebemon and maybe Parasimon if you squint.

There's certainly nothing like Nanomon's "mad genius cyborg medical doctor" theme (Frankenmon? Could have lore saying it was Boltmon's creator) among the Ultimates. There's some design space to do something cool there.

Nokasa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they got a chance to give a minimal quote about the final villain in episode 57, just wondering if they'll take advantage of it, since he seemed to be behind the mass production of algomons.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am super excited to see Skull Baluchimon as I associate him so much with Digimon Story Dawn/Dusk. I'm also super excited for the return of Olegmon, he's such a fun digimon! (even though he would have been a perfect jogress for Goddramon and Vikemon)

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All the episodes have something interesting to wait for. Maybe we will more about the new Villain? In episode 58 shouldn't it say Hikari and Angewomon instead of HolyAngemon?

Ultimamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I really feel this show could use a bit more of Taichi in it. We don't see much of him.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK. So maybe we can get Cress Garurumon. If only once. But now here's probably all the other Megas. Plus all these other Digimon we see. These should be great episodes. ...What is even going on with that Hot Spring!

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Boring episodes. And Taichi everywhere.

At least Olegmon's here.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon's return reminds me of Diabormon Strikes Back and makes me wish for a Super Ultimate Algomon to finish his Diaboromon/Arkadimon parallel. Sadly this episode doesn't seem like having the weight to do that.

And Hikari + HolyAngemon is strange, unless it's a summary oddity.

Daisuke96

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode 58 it's the last opportunity for Nefertimon to appear hahah

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The legendary sword probably isnt referring to CresGarurumon but maybe it is?

It is. We know it is. It's in the episode preview, and is what the next Koushiro segment at the end is about.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The legendary sword probably isnt referring to CresGarurumon but maybe it is?

It is. We know it is. It's in the episode preview, and is what the next Koushiro segment at the end is about.

No, I think they meant that the Swordsman Digimon who left behind the sword in ancient times isn't CresGarurumon.

Obviously we know CresGarurumon is showing up in the episode.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's go by these one-by-one. Not counting the first since we got that from the preview.

Episode 57- Contact from Destruction (July 18th)
Taichi Yagami and his partner Agumon wander into a mysterious temple. Awaiting them there are countless Child II Argomon. They surround Taichi and Agumon before evolving to Adult. One of them evolves even further to Perfect, and challenge Taichi and Agumon to a life-threatening "Experiment and Proof." Taichi is taken by the Adult levels, while Agumon is trapped in a strange area. What is the Perfect level Argomon up to, and what is its real identity?

I'd complain about Tai getting another solo ep, but that horse has been beaten into a fine paste already.

What is interesting that this is the second one where he meets an old enemy. Is there a pattern forming?

Episode 58- Light of New Life (July 25th)
Taichi's sister Hikari, with her partner Tailmon, and Yamato's brother Takeru Takaishi, with his partner Patamon, visit the land that Petaldramon had turned into a forest. This was apparently the destination that Hikari was seeking. The forest had become a place where Digieggs, the eggs that Digimon hatch from, were nurtured, and the group reunites with Muchomon and the others. According to them, Soulmon would appear from time to time to prevent some of the Digieggs from hatching, which was how Muchomon and them ended up protecting them. Taichi and Agumon join up with them, but soon after, they are attacked by SkullBaluchimon, a Digimon who abhors "life" with a passion and smelled the arrival of the holy Digimon. Taichi and the others flee into the forest carrying the soon-to-hatch Digieggs, while Hikari and HolyAngemon remain behind to protect the remaining Digieggs and face SkullBaluchimon...

So much for my "Gomamon evolves because Joe has to protect the kids" idea. It feels really dangerous sending them off on their own, even if they have Digimon to protect them.

Episode 59- Electric Light, HerculesKabuterimon (August 1st)
Guided by the Crest of Knowledge, Koushiro Izumi and his partner Tentomon return to the great canyon of overlapping rocks. Awaiting the both of them there was Nanomon, a knowledge-crazed Digimon. To decide who was the true user of knowledge, Nanomon challenges Koushiro to a puzzle game. Taichi joins up with Koushiro, and to save Whamon who is held hostage, they face the dungeon that Nanomon has prepared. However, it becomes apparent that every time a puzzle is incorrectly solved in that dungeon, one of their friends is taken away.

Sounds like all the other eps we got so far. Nothing really interesting.

Episode 60- Vikemon, Conquerer of the Glaciers (August 8th)
Due to an unknown cause, the hot springs where Jou Kido and his partner Gomamon are staying at dry out. If nothing is done soon, all of the Digimon living at the hot spring will freeze. As the leader, Jou decides to head to a paradise of legend located in the south. Along the way, he happens to run into Mimi Tachikawa and Palmon, and the two join together to continue the journey. However, a group of pirates led by Olegmon attack them, and Jou is taken as a prisoner of war.

Can we move on from the hot springs? It's gotten a bit old.

And if Mimi can appear in someone else's ep, why was it only Tai until now? Or are the others allowed now that Tai has teamed up with everyone?

Last edited: