Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 40 through 42

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 40 thru 42 (the official episode title translations in the end may very well be different than these). We already had the title for 40, so we are using the official title.

A couple versions of the guide images above since a few versions were sent in by friends of the site.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

And remember, the show is off the weekend of March 13th/14th.

Episode 40- Strike! The Killer Shot!
A jungle flying in the sky with fruit falling from it suddenly appears before the kids. Taichi, Agumon, Sora, and Piyomon head to the aerial jungle so they can bring back fruits for everyone to eat. But the Digimon who reside there, Pomumon were changed into fruits by invading Tropiamon and its subordinates, so that they would one day be eaten. In anger, Sora and Taichi rescue the Pomumon and face Tropiamon to take back the aerial jungle. However, Taichi and MetalGreymon are turned into fruits. To save them, Sora and Garudamon challenge Tropiamon to battle...

Episode 41- Monmon Park in Mist
The brothers Yamato Ishida and Takeru Takaishi go in search of food and wander into a thick fog, where they find Monmon Park, a Digimon-only amusement park. Opossummon, the gate greeter, is sad that no guests are coming, so Yamato and Takeru decide to play there a bit to cheer it up. However, it was all a big setup by Opossummon. Yamato and Takeru get separated, each of them entering a battle with an enemy waiting for them. Will the two be able to safely escape from Monmon Park?

Episode 42- King of Inventors, Garbamon [ガーベモン]
Taichi, Agumon, Koushiro, and Tentomon ride on Komondomon to scout the nearby area, but are shocked when they come upon a massive landfill. They're further shocked meeting the Garbamon, Chuumon, and Raremon there. Raremon is a monster that eats everything. Garbamon is a scientist studying black energy and has lost many of its subordinate Chuumon to Raremon. In revenge, he developed a special bazooka to deal with the Raremon. However, when it came to battle, the bazooka was useless and Raremon absorbed the black energy filled there. It evolves into the Perfect level SuperRaremon and attacks. Within that crisis, Koushiro comes up with a plan

A set of episodes that sounds interesting enough, with a decent selection of Digimon in the descriptions.

Thanks to a friend of the site for images and onkei for the translations.

Attachments

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... still no megas for the rest of the kids.
Superraremon? Thats what i like the most! Old Digimon getting new Evolution!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was excited when it said Monmon only to remember that's a dub name and his real name is Koemon. Oh well. SuperRaremon should be interesting, a new failure Digimon

Sounds like they're still in the streak of filler episodes. What's Milleniummon up to lol

Onimaru

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm okay with filler episodes, they make them usually good. Just wanna see other megas, at least MetalGarurumon for now...

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems boring to me..., hopefully we get to see angemon and holyangemon

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I enjoy these kind of episodes, a bit concerned about Megas being delayed so far along. One of the things I was most looking forward to from this show was spending more time with the Megas, since we barely scratched the surface with Tri. Expected them to start showing up past the Sora & Tropiamon ep but let's see.

That being said, they do sound like fun episodes and new evolutions for older digimon is an exciting prospect!

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder when Monzaemon is going to appear.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing that "Super Raremon" is just a place holder. In the episode description, it's spelled as 超レアモン ChouReamon, which is pretty unusual since kanji is very rarely ever used in Digimon names (and when they do, it's usually to denote a variant like アグモン(黒) Agumon (Black), and if this were a ホエーモン完全体 Whamon Perfect or アルカディモン完全体 Arkadimon Perfect situation, they'd likely put the level after the name). At any rate, it'll be interesting to see Raremon get a new Perfect form..... considering, of course, it isn't just a bigger Raremon (like the aforementioned Whamon Perfect).

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really starting to question why this show needed 66 episodes. The pacing and placement of its filler eps is all over the place to the point of ridiculousness. Also, I miss Leomon. Can he come back and maybe shake up the group dynamics in some capacity? Please?

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we get Holy Angemon soon.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With a Sora and a Takeru (presumably) focus episodes, we have a full batch. But then we have another Koushiro one, unless that's a subtle bridge for a new arc? As Koushiro has been the major exposition guy, at least in matters of the real world. I think (hope) we may be getting Angemon back in the Opossumon episode.

What's Milleniummon up to lol
Recruiting new generals with his Vademon evangelists. Perheaps this series version of the Dark Masters?

I agree with everyone that the pacing is very weird, but it makes some narrative sense. The dark forces started making their move, including capturing the Holy Digimon, the kids are summoned in a hurry to deal with Algomon. Then they're called to the Digital World, where they're constantly attacked or have to deal with a real-world crisis until Devimon and DarkKnightmon are defeated. Now that Milleniumon lost his heralds, the kids have time to breath a little.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With a Sora and a Takeru (presumably) focus episodes, we have a full batch. But then we have another Koushiro one, unless that's a subtle bridge for a new arc? As Koushiro has been the major exposition guy, at least in matters of the real world. I think (hope) we may be getting Angemon back in the Opossumon episode.

Recruiting new generals with his Vademon evangelists. Perheaps this series version of the Dark Masters?

I agree with everyone that the pacing is very weird, but it makes some narrative sense. The dark forces started making their move, including capturing the Holy Digimon, the kids are summoned in a hurry to deal with Algomon. Then they're called to the Digital World, where they're constantly attacked or have to deal with a real-world crisis until Devimon and DarkKnightmon are defeated. Now that Milleniumon lost his heralds, the kids have time to breath a little.
I got this idea for a plot in future episodes, since the flashback shows Rasielmon as one of the Holy Digimon I’m thinking if Meiko and Meicoomon appeared as chosen vessels for Millenniummon like how he dried with Takeru and Hikari and corrupt Meicoomon into its dark line like in Tri, like you know make a dark Digidestined out of her.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You're not supposed to let him get new minions. Kill him! Then you can play with the poop throwing Digimon

EnerGeo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing that "Super Raremon" is just a place holder. In the episode description, it's spelled as 超レアモン ChouReamon, which is pretty unusual since kanji is very rarely ever used in Digimon names (and when they do, it's usually to denote a variant like アグモン(黒) Agumon (Black), and if this were a ホエーモン完全体 Whamon Perfect or アルカディモン完全体 Arkadimon Perfect situation, they'd likely put the level after the name).
What about Monmon? もんモン is a strange way to spell a Digimon name. It's partly in hiragana, and partly in katakana. Another placeholder?

JasperGunner02

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that's because "Monmon" isn't a Digimon's name, it's the name of the park.
Anyway, I'm excited that we have more filler episodes!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Monmon” isn’t the name of a Digimon. There are Digimon that use hiragana in their names, though, like the Monzaemon’s.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of which, will Monzaemon get new form in the anime if it ever appears.

Xross wars had GigaWaruMonzaemon, I would like to see a GigaMonzaemon.

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure 2020 has been so weird. We get long stretches of non-stop Tai-centric intense fighting episodes, and now a long stretch of goofy lighthearted episodes?

What even is this show?

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what Perfect-level enemy Digimon will appear in the Takeru's episode. I hope it's not just Opossummon, even though it will be a clash between two Armor-level.

Gerbemon as a scientist? That doesn't sound right, lol. But super hyped for SuperRaremon!

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scyhtemantis will be super hyped for Super Raremon at least