Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 36 through 39

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New guide listings for Digimon Adventure:.

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 36 thru 39 (the official episode title translations in the end may very well be different than these). We already had the title for 36, so we are using the official title.

A couple versions of the guide images above since a few versions were sent in by friends of the site.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Episode 36- Operation Satellite Sniper
As the ISS' (International Space Station) direct hit of Tokyo approaches, Koushiro Izumi discovers a way to avoid it. If they can snipe the ISS descending from a singular point in the distorted airspace, they might be able to throw it off course. But they only have one chance to do it. Koushiro regroups with Taichi Yagami and co, and tells everyone to give it an all or nothing - a difficult strategy that involves making a shoot through an unusual dimension. But in the upper airspace above the singular point, the enemy's attack increases in ferocity...

Episode 37- Mimi-chan Wars
Taichi and co continue their journey. While looking for food, Taichi and his childhood friend Sora Takenouchi fall into a river and get swept away. They end up where Mimi Tachikawa is, with Golemon and many Gotsumon at her beck and call. According to Mimi, a fearsome Digimon forced the peaceful Gotsumon to work at a mine, and kept all of the precious stones they dug up for itself. Taichi, Sora, and Mimi head to the fortress where the fearsome Digimon is said to rule.

Episode 38- Burning Blue Friendship
Mephismon uses strange spells to control weak Digimon, offering them up as sacrifices to Milleniummon. Gabumon tries to stop him but is captured by the enemy. Yamato Ishida, who still hasn't regrouped with the rest of the gang, engages in a rescue mission with Jou Kido and Gomamon, who just happen to appear by coincidence. Gabumon is held prisoner at the top of a precipitous cliff, and there's only one way to stop him: Yamato must climb the dangerous cliff.

Episode 39- Jagamon's Potato Hell
Taichi and co reach an oasis, a sort of service area where Burgermon treat guests with delicious hamburgers and fries. Through fries, Jou hits it off with Potemon, a Digimon who loves potatos, and the two talk fiercely over their love of fries. However, Potemon gets angry when fries are tossed away and evolves into Jagamon. He attacks the service area.

These sound a decent bit weirder than some recent episodes. Hopefully they end up interesting.

Thanks to a friend of the site for images and onkei for the translations.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like quite a bit of filler. I wonder if these will give us Megas like Vikemon to resolve these random episodes

Burgermon and Mephistomon screen time is neat since we don't see them every often.

And Potemon? A new Digimon, neat. Interesting they seem to have given Jyagamon his own pre evo. Another Digimon who doesn't show up much so maybe this will make him more usable with his own pre-evolution?

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally we will see lilimon and zudomon again!
However it doesn't seem to introduce megas yet.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These eps sound much lighter & nicer. I've been enjoying the series again since the Lopmon ep, hopefully that continues.

Glad the other characters will get some focus, hope they don't separate them again.

Some interesting Digimon popping up, love to see Burgermon and Jagamon, Mephismon sounds menacing too.

I wonder if each of the Megas will appear in these, Burning Blue Friendship definitely sounds like a potential MetalGarurumon debut ep, don't know about the rest!

Looking forward to them.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These synopses sound like a fever dream, and I'm very OK with this! 😂
I'm hoping that when we FINALLY get to see the other kids we get some good character moments! Not holding my breath, though...

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging by the episode with Gotsumon mining for precious stones I’m guessing Gogmamon debut or Blastmon.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems a bit of an odd direction for the show to suddenly take, what with the apparent big deal Milleniummon represents. Most of them sound more like something that would fit better pre Eyesmon.

If they are planning to introduce more Ultimates here, they certainly aren't beating us over the head with that fact like with Wargreymon. Not that I was expecting the same level of fanfare anyway.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad that they don't straight up name every villain that will appear, except from a few.
Ep 36-38 could be a debut episode for HerculesKabuterimon, Rosemon, and MetalGarurumon respectively based on the synopsis, but the title aren't as convincing. Also not convinced that there will be a BlitzGreymon in any of this episode.

Potemon evolve to Jyagamon?! RIP my Yakiimon > Jyagamon headcanon XD

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did I go back in time? These sound awfully like eps that should've happened at least 10 eps ago.

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The kids looking for food and talking about how much they love french fries? You mean...these guys are actually humans and not battle-hardened robots?? Could we actually be in for some, y'know, FUN character moments? I'll have to see it to believe it!

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I'd prefer Ultimates at this point (as WarGreymon already opened that door), I wonder if these could be used to introduce Mode Changes for the remaining kids?

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These sound like more lighthearted or Ultimate level episodes. Hope they set up things. I like it that they don't give much in the summaries, so I am curious.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh shit, Burgermon? And a new potato Digimon?! I'm not even keeping up with this season, I'm just excited every time new/obscure Digimon show up.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually like these episodes summarizes. Were slowing down the plot a little and showing how the digimon live in Digiworld. Also focusing on the other kids is always good.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I was always unclear if Bandai owned the rights to the Burgermons or if Lotteria did. Nice to see them return. And the introduction of another food Digimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I was always unclear if Bandai owned the rights to the Burgermons or if Lotteria did. Nice to see them return. And the introduction of another food Digimon.
It's weird, they never really ended up using Burgermon again (outside of a cameo in the XW manga apparently) but they *did* use "EbiBurgermon" a bunch of times which is basically the same exact monster in every way and is even rookie and is just a recolour. EbiBurgermon is even in the Reference Book. Is a bit weird. Seems like EbiBurgermon was intended to be the Burgermon replacement or something?

or I guess since both were used in Frontier and they look the same bar the colour they decided to only use one of them and went with EbiBurgermon instead of regular Burgermon

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it's crazy that Burgermon's seeing the light of day again, considering it's not even in the Reference Book as of right now (neither its Child form nor its two gendered Adult forms). Incidentally, I wonder if TorikaraBallmon might also make an appearance. I kinda worry that isn't all that safe to use due to being based off of an actual Lotteria menu item (and I think it and Arcadimon are the last two Baby Digimon yet to be put in the Reference Book).

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Too soon for potatoes, my heart is still shattered 😢

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to wonder if they'll use the Frontier designs or the card game designs. Is there a reason Burgermon has two designs? I assume it's to do with this Lotteria restaurant people have mentioned? Both Rookie and Champion, I mean.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to wonder if they'll use the Frontier designs or the card game designs. Is there a reason Burgermon has two designs? I assume it's to do with this Lotteria restaurant people have mentioned? Both Rookie and Champion, I mean.
Actually looking at them, Burgermon has always had the same design. EbiBurgermon is the one with an alternate design in the trading cards although both designs are pink so it might be an art style thing. They *do* have different hats though, so yeah EbiBurgermon's card design is quite different indeed. EBmon is the one in the DRB too, so that's actually really strange.

Using the trading card design would actually be a good choice, as the anime/DRB design is just a recolour whilst the trading card design wears clothes and has a different hat