Adventure: Episode 67 [Final] Preview Screenshots & One More Insert Song Announced!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ep67preview01_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview02_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview03_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview04_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview05_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview06_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview07_september25_2021.jpg
ep67preview08_september25_2021.jpg

Digimon Adventure: episode 67, The End of the Adventure, is a few hours away from starting in Japan, and elsewhere a few hours after that, so we get a nice stack of preview screenshots from the Digimon_TV Twitter (2).

Our discussion thread for episode 67 can be found here.

This is the end of Digimon Adventure:, as it hands off to Ghost Game, beginning next week.

Plus, from one of the tweets, news on one final insert song!

Nozomu Shishido, episode director and storyboard artist for Adventure: (he worked on, among other things, the OP, episode 2, 12, 24, and 54, all which had pretty fantastic animation) is apparently a big fan of Break the Chain, and since he's on the final episode, Columbia (providing music for the series) decided to produce a special version of Break the Chain for the final episode.

Plus we also have a promotional screenshot render from Fuji TV for the episode.

ep67preview_fuji_september25_2021.jpg

Attachments

• ep67preview01_september25_2021.jpg
    ep67preview01_september25_2021.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 14,187

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Abbadomon Core ... Please have a voice, seriously with the design you have, you owe it to yourself to speak, even if you are only on screen for 5 - 10 minutes.

On the other hand really looking forward to having his official artwork (and that of Kuzurumon too, weird that it did not arrive with that of Abbadomon.)

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like Abbadomon Core is a dark counterpart to Omegamon. With one at being a blade and the other one being a cannon

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like Abbadomon Core is a dark counterpart to Omegamon.
Of course it's an Omegamon knockoff, they couldn't make a new Omegamon knockoff to be the final upgrade for the MCs this time so they decided to make the final boss one instead.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A special version of "Break The Chain" gives me a slight bit of hope that a theme song compilation album may someday happen. (That way I wouldn't have to buy all the ending themes separately, so here's hoping.) Fingers crossed it makes its way to CD in some form.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those lines on the face, it seems like we'll have Alter-S.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those lines on the face, it seems like we'll have Alter-S.
Since we had Blitz and Cres, not having Alter-S would have been an insult (well we won't have it for long because in view of the preview, we must have the fight, the farewells and the epilogue, all this in half an hour ....)

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really curious how things will go down, the design looks interesting, too.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really curious how things will go down, the design looks interesting, too.
Based on what we've seen, it doesn't really have a bottom, just a long body connected to the sphere (a bit like Quartzmon or D-Reaper Mother)

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The special version of Break the Chain mentioned is probably the same as the orchestral rendition from last week, I imagine. I would take another version if possible though lol.

A lot of things in this episode that I’m looking forward to seeing.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im so happy it resembles omegamon/chaosmon and at the same time looks pretty different.
I also like his antennaes, for most they can go unnoticed, but to my eyes that simple detail makes him look a bit insectoid, wich i love since abaddon (the biblic figure) was related with locusts and if intentioned, thats the kind of details i adore to see in digimon designs.
I just hope he dont end having a enormous ball of any material as his lower body, i hate that, that was what ruined apocalymon and quartzmon designs, i dont want to have a third final mon wich i like ruined by that bandai fetish.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im so happy it resembles omegamon/chaosmon and at the same time looks pretty different.
I also like his antennaes, for most they can go unnoticed, but to my eyes that simple detail makes him look a bit insectoid, wich i love since abaddon (the biblic figure) was related with locusts and if intentioned, thats the kind of details i adore to see in digimon designs.
I just hope he dont end having a enormous ball of any material as his lower body, i hate that, that was what ruined apocalymon and quartzmon designs, i dont want to have a third final mon wich i like ruined by that bandai fetish.
Yeah but unfortunately we are heading towards this case, with the few images of episode 66 and those of the first preview, we clearly see that he has no legs, his body is like a pillar that binds him with its spherical shape.

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they didn't bring Alter-S here, then i hope they bring him in a movie if possible.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish we had an episode dedicated to the resolution rather than cramming it alongside the climax. I really can't see this not being unsatisfying whether it's Abbadomon being another mute monster who just shows up and dies without any character, a rushed wrap up, no Alter-S, no good character moments for the digidestined, or a combination of any of these

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I know that this is too much because it is me who reposes a comment after a message ... But I just noticed one thing but I have the impression that Abba-Core's sword arm is the same as his cannon arm.
I mean when looking at the image of Omegamon confronting Core, the position of the transcendent sword makes it think that Core is defending himself with his left arm, same arm that in the other image of Abba-Core is a cannon. ...
So I think his arm is a huge pliers flat enough to be like a sword and hollow enough to make a cannon.

taz111

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's def Alter-S in that screenshot with the two Z designs on its forehead closer to the eyes of the Omegamon. BTW love the red outline like the Our War Game Movie - That's a nice touch!

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's def Alter-S in that screenshot with the two Z designs on its forehead closer to the eyes of the Omegamon. BTW love the red outline like the Our War Game Movie - That's a nice touch!
Some people on Reddit are also saying the facial outlines have more similarities to Alter-S.

I'm curious, it would indeed to finally see him in animated form.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon Wiki page for Omegamon Alter-S, https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Omegamon_Alter-S, says Adventure 2020 Taichi and Yamato are his partners.
They were just based on the Shin Tamago Digivice since if we take Agumon or Gabumon, we can evolve them to Alter-S and since at the time, the digivice spoiled events not yet seen in the anime (and that after Blitz appeared in the anime, it was ruled that Alter-S would be there too.)

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon Wiki page for Omegamon Alter-S, https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Omegamon_Alter-S, says Adventure 2020 Taichi and Yamato are his partners.
They were just based on the Shin Tamago Digivice since if we take Agumon or Gabumon, we can evolve them to Alter-S and since at the time, the digivice spoiled events not yet seen in the anime (and that after Blitz appeared in the anime, it was ruled that Alter-S would be there too.)

Thanks for the answer.