Adventure: Episode 61 Profile Art & Hydramon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a small batch of stuff this weekend...

profileart_episode61_august15_2021.jpg

After Digimon Adventure: episode 61 aired, Digimon Web put up profile art of Gravimon, who was one of the features Digimon in the new episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 61 A Place to Return To!

Digimon who have lost a place to return to join forces with Takeru's refusal to give upđź’«
Gravimon was so cool! Eldoradimon did a great job also!

Please look forward to next time, episode 62 The Tears of Shakkoumon.

And then, a new Digimon from Hermit in the Jungle!

hydramon_august15_2021.jpg

The last new Digimon from the new Dim Card is Hydramon! Some nice monster plant stylings on this one, with various touches throughout.

Just a nice small batch this time.

Thanks to the number of people who sent in details on Hydramon.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 17,995

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Entmon isn't in Hermit in the Jungle, but I believe Hydramon is to Entmon like Mugendramon is to SkullGreymon.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Basically a mash-up of King Ghidorah, Biollante, and Gigan.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a fan of Hydramon being seemingly formless (I don't see it having a lizard-like body) or the heads not being "equal" (always hated this approach), but even so I love it as a design! It's really interesting with great colors!

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I thought its name was supposed to be Snapdramon, but whatever. I like its design regardless. :)

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I thought its name was supposed to be Snapdramon, but whatever. I like its design regardless. :)
Yeah, it seems the image-name was different from the actual one.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Entmon isn't in Hermit in the Jungle, but I believe Hydramon is to Entmon like Mugendramon is to SkullGreymon.
I think it works pretty well as an evolution for the "non-SkullGreymon" Tropiamon too (which is indeed a possibility in the DIM). Got to remember that Tropiamon (and Parasaurmon) is a Virus too, one that has very similar poisonous abilities.

But yeah, based on its profile revealed by the app, Hydramon actually has a lot of parallels with its namesake, the Hydra of Lerna.
The multi-headed dragon concept is a given, but the extraneous heads are actually additional flowers in Hydramon's case. The Hydra lived in a swamp, and Hydramon turns everything around it into a swamp. The Hydra has a poisonous breath and poisonous blood, and Hydramon has the same thing (though the "blood" is more of a plant-equivalent fluid). The Hydra is famous for its rapid regeneration, and Hydramon can probably regenerate too (by virtue of being a vine monster).
In hindsight, the Greek Hydra actually had a lot of traits that could be associated with plants, and Hydramon capitalized on that.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda works when you think of Hydrangea plants

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't decide if it fits better as Blossomon's evo or Toropiamon's evo.
Not one of my favorite designs but it's still cool to have it. Finally plant Digimon have some choice.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's an amazing design, clearly based off Biollante from Godzilla, as well.

V-pet designs are usually quite thoughtful and detailled. Parasaurmon > Toropiamon > Hydramon fits quite well. Blossomon > Hydramon isn't far-fetched, either.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's "Hydramon"? Huh That is huge surprise. Not Snapdramon or Plantdramon.

This design is the best because it's not humanoid but freaking Biollante inspired digimon! Didn't expect that.

I wonder what's the next new digimon design after designed Biollante, Snake kajiu, and Metal Godzilla? I hope they keep designing more Godzilla monster designs inspiration to Digimon!

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what's the next new digimon design after designed Biollante, Snake kajiu, and Metal Godzilla? I hope they keep designing more Godzilla monster designs inspiration to Digimon!

Wouldn’t Mugendramon/Rusttyranomon qualify as the Mechagodzilla expys?

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another cool plantmons ^O^
So many mushy?beastlymons? we had eyesmon, the raremon's evo, and now this lol

Can kinda be that Ayata something digimon's mega too xD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK. Now I see Venus Fly Trap. That's something. Pretty monstrous. And Gravimon again. ...Is there anyone original from Xros Wars left?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah. Metal Godzilla = RustTyranomon I did mentioned there at that post of mine.

But Mugendramon?! Hmm he hardly feel like that one...

Pepper Rocket

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it seems the image-name was different from the actual one.

It's possible Snapdramon is the dub name and that's why it was labelled with it
The sprite images don't have names attached. If you saw one, it was edited. Hydramon is also the English name, but they did dub a couple of the attack names.

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hydramon is a nice name for this Digimon, plus I love the Biollante reference.

Yeah. Metal Godzilla = RustTyranomon I did mentioned there at that post of mine.

But Mugendramon?! Hmm he hardly feel like that one...
Yeah Mugendramon is it’s own thing. MechaGodzilla’s sprite served as inspiration for MetalTyranomon. It’s RustTyranomon that took the inspirational concept to a higher level. RustTyranomon is based of Type-3 Kiryu (MechaGodzilla 3) to be exact.