Adventure: Episode 60 Ranks in Top 10 Anime on Japanese TV for August 2-8

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
keyart_japan_march18_2021.jpg

Based on the ratings chart from Video Research, Digimon Adventure: episode 60, Vikemon Ventures the Glaciers, ranked in the top 10 for anime programs in the week it aired (August 2nd through 8th.)

It got a 1.5 rating and was 10th place. Airing during the last day of the Olympics, the rating it got tied with Eden's Zero, Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, and a few others. It was right behind a Crayon Shin-chan special and Curious George.

The ratings number represents an estimate of the percentage of the population who watched a program via surveying households in the Kanto region of Japan.

Later recorded/DVR/streaming views are not included in the given rating, just the initial live TV airing.

Thanks to Anime News Network for the info.

Our discussion thread for the episode can be found here.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 17,212

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, this makes three weeks in a row now, that's great.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like it's leading well into Ghost Game to end up with 50 out of 50 episodes being in the top 10 lol

And it still continues to out rank Pokemon and Yugioh and even the Shaman King reboot that just started up

Just as a reference, how many Animes are even airing weekly nowadays? 12?

A quick look at MAL indicates there are 290

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the third episode in a row! Happy its doing good.
Seems like it's leading well into Ghost Game to end up with 50 out of 50 episodes being in the top 10 lol

And it still continues to out rank Pokemon and Yugioh and even the Shaman King reboot that just started up
Hmm I don't believe this will affect Ghost Game in any way... Yugioh Sevens I don't like at all, Pokemon has its ups and downs but I am surprized it surpasses Shaman King...

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm I don't believe this will affect Ghost Game in any way... Yugioh Sevens I don't like at all, Pokemon has its ups and downs but I am surprized it surpasses Shaman King...

a high amount of views going into GG would, since I imagine most of the fans would then stick around for the follow up series as well.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It may not effect Ghost Game, but it might increase the amount of side material we get. Perhaps we will see more manga and video games about Digimon.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gappo Gappo viva olegna! This are terrific news for Digimon indeed

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

290 is high. I know last year was about 180. (290 might be correct if OVAs, shorts, films, and other short things, etc. are counted.) 290 was definitely being skewed close to a few years ago, so it is possible.

Without checking, I would cut 180 to about 35% for a rough, but potentially low, estimate (a bit over a quarter since a good number of shows will be running longer than 1 cour.)

Edit- Of course, pulled up the Summer 2021 list for MAL lists a lot of shows with incomplete info, where some aren't clear if they even have a timeslot or air as part of something else, but it shows 75 for the current season. Of course... it's inaccurate enough that Digimon isn't even 'there'.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

290 is high. I know last year was about 180. (290 might be correct if OVAs, shorts, films, and other short things, etc. are counted.) 290 was definitely being skewed close to a few years ago, so it is possible.

Without checking, I would cut 180 to about 35% for a rough, but potentially low, estimate (a bit over a quarter since a good number of shows will be running longer than 1 cour.)

Edit- Of course, pulled up the Summer 2021 list for MAL lists a lot of shows with incomplete info, where some aren't clear if they even have a timeslot or air as part of something else, but it shows 75 for the current season. Of course... it's inaccurate enough that Digimon isn't even 'there'.

MAL only count shows that start airing in that period in that list. Long running shows like Digimon, Pokemon, Yugioh etc wont be in that list as they only count ones that start/only air in that period (so like, 13 episode series mostly)

this is where I looked, but it does include things that air outside of TV too like OVAs and such. Movies are listed separately though

Doing a ctrl+f of TV gives me 127. I should prob have done that in the first place so my bad. So it's 127 currently airing on TV, with 290 if you include OVAs, ONAs, and the like. (but not movies)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or, you could go to the page that's designed around what is airing...

But like I said, it's not completely accurate.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Multiply that by 10 and you'd probably hit closer to the mark. The top 10 almost always have a bunch of slots locked in by long runners that you'd need to absolutely catch fire to outpace, which is one of many reasons why ratings are somewhat less important for things like Digimon than the merch sales.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news, the more the exposure the better the other media sell.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So let's hope this bodes well for Ghost Game. Maybe we'll get more merch. You know they love selling us merch.