Adventure: Episode 59 Ranks in Top 10 Anime on Japanese TV for July 26-August 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
keyart_japan_march18_2021.jpg

Based on the ratings chart from Video Research, Digimon Adventure: episode 59, Bolt, HerakleKabuterimon, ranked in the top 10 for anime programs in the week it aired (July 26 through August 1st.)

It got a 2.3 rating and was 9th place. This puts it in front of perennial favorite Curious George and right behind Kingdom and My Hero Academia (which has been in the midst of a major marketing push for a new movie.)

The ratings number represents an estimate of the percentage of the population who watched a program via surveying households in the Kanto region of Japan.

Later recorded/DVR/streaming views are not included in the given rating, just the initial live TV airing.

Thanks to Anime News Network for the info.

Our discussion thread for the episode can be found here.

Attachments

• keyart_japan_march18_2021article.jpg
    keyart_japan_march18_2021article.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 14,396

taz111

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn! Go Adventure 2020!

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The increase in ratings has seemed to coincide with actual new content (the non Taichi and Yamato Ultimates). They probably took too long on those.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... Adventure 2020's 5th episode?! In top 10 anime at Japan?

What's this I don't even... I don't know how to react or how to say.

But nice? Weird, 50th episode is supposed to be the top IMO...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The increase in ratings has seemed to coincide with actual new content (the non Taichi and Yamato Ultimates). They probably took too long on those.
This is basically in the range of what it was every single time we've seen it, minus last week, which was peak Olympics, and even then, it wasn't wildly different (it was definitely lower, but within the range you'd expect week to week.) Adventure:'s ratings haven't really changed all that much.

In fact, we've seen it with this exact rating before.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is basically what it was every single time we've seen it, minus last week, which was peak Olympics, and even then, it wasn't wildly different (it was definitely lower, but within the range you'd expect week to week.)

In fact, we've seen it with this exact rating before.

yeah the highest seems to be episode 6 with a 2.9

seems like it's going well enough right now, but eh digimon just seems to pretty much stick around 2%. seems a little silly to me that people think this is bad because the other series had more in the top 10, when anime is more mainstream now and less people watch tv compared to streaming etc

plus, it even count the kanto region anyway, could be higher - or lower - country wide. and wordwide, since CR etc.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
seems a little silly to me that people think this is bad because the other series had more in the top 10, when anime is more mainstream now
More to the point, a lot of the top 10 are normally pretty stratified by long runners - you expect seven or eight series locked in every week, and then some wiggle room for the last few spots. That was not as much the case back in the 90s.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
seems a little silly to me that people think this is bad because the other series had more in the top 10, when anime is more mainstream now
More to the point, a lot of the top 10 are normally pretty stratified by long runners - you expect seven or eight series locked in every week, and then some wiggle room for the last few spots. That was not as much the case back in the 90s.

And Pokemon isn't even in there! You'd think Digimon fans would boast about Digimon having higher ratings than Pokemon for years. (No yugioh either, even if sevens is meh)

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All i was thinking during Gwappamon's flashback was the Dark Ocean xD lol
More allies for Joe's group!! xD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least it's doing well. That's why we got a new series that isn't a remake.
...Sevens sure is something alright. Very much for younger kids.