ep51preview01_june5_2021.png
ep51preview02_june5_2021.png
ep51preview03_june5_2021.png
ep51preview04_june5_2021.png
ep51preview05_june5_2021.png
ep51preview06_june5_2021.png
ep51preview07_june5_2021.png
ep51preview08_june5_2021.png

Digimon Adventure: episode 51, The Mystery Hidden Within the Crests, is a few hours away from starting in Japan, and elsewhere a few hours after that, so we get a nice stack of preview screenshots from the Digimon_TV Twitter (2).

Our discussion thread for episode 51 can be found here.

In addition, in the second post we get the announcement of who is playing Wisemon:
A new chapter begins!
The mystery of the crests is revealed!
The guest this time is Shou Hayami, as a character who hasn't shown up since Xros Wars! Hayami played Wisemon, an academic and personable character, in the blink of an eye and left the recording studio in a dashing manner. The atmosphere was just too cool!

Hayami has been a popular voice actor for a very long time. For Digimon, in addition to Wisemon, he was also Leviathan in Appmon.

Plus we also have a promotional screenshot render from Fuji TV for the episode.

ep51preview_fuji_june5_2021.jpg

Attachments

• ep51preview01_june5_2021article.jpg
    ep51preview01_june5_2021article.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 14,865

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Wisemon is a hell of a lot smaller than I expected. He's usually a lot bigger than that

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually can't describe how excited I am about Shou Hayami voicing Wisemon. Incredible voice actor and can't wait to see how he brings Wisemon to life!!

WoolishlyGrim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not likely to happen, but I really hope Wisemon turns out to be secretly villainous. The series desperately needs an actual villain with a personality, and Shou Hayami has put in some pretty great villain performances in the past.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not likely to happen, but I really hope Wisemon turns out to be secretly villainous. The series desperately needs an actual villain with a personality, and Shou Hayami has put in some pretty great villain performances in the past.

His last shot in the 30 second trailer outright made me think he's going to be villainous.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that iamge with young taichi and young hikari makes me wonder- are we going to get a Hikarigaoka 1995 type situation? Where 4 years earlier, so 2016 in this case, they had some digimon run in that they forgot about. Since after all we still don't have any idea why anyone was chosen this time around other than their OG universe counterparts were at least this time they made them feel more special and not just - yeah we needed 7 kids... and there just happened to be 7 kids at camp together so we settled.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
....What? Wisemon is smaller than I thought... Are they treating Wisemon as... A wise fairy?

...Wait... Sounds like it's a certain fairy who lies and laying around? Oh no... Don't tell me if he is that cult member.

Nah he is good person. He gives us free information so he have to be 100% good digimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
....What? Wisemon is smaller than I thought... Are they treating Wisemon as... A wise fairy?

...Wait... Sounds like it's a certain fairy who lies and laying around? Oh no... Don't tell me if he is that cult member.

Nah he is good person. He gives us free information so he have to be 100% good digimon.

Seems to me they saw his art and that he's stood on a book and thought that meant he was hella small. Other Wisemons are human adult sized with a massive book, so whoops.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just the right size to smuggle into a test in your sleeve. đź‘€

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Wisemon is a hell of a lot smaller than I expected. He's usually a lot bigger than that

Well they had to make a trade-off for Wargreymon. :p