ep47preview01_may8_2021.png
ep47preview02_may8_2021.png
ep47preview03_may8_2021.png
ep47preview04_may8_2021.png
ep47preview05_may8_2021.png
ep47preview06_may8_2021.png
ep47preview07_may8_2021.png
ep47preview08_may8_2021.png

Digimon Adventure: episode 46, The Sword of Hope, is a few hours away from starting in Japan, and elsewhere a few hours after that, so we get a nice stack of preview screenshots from the Digimon_TV Twitter (2).

Our discussion thread for episode 47 can be found here.

They also reveal the guest cast for the episode. We've added some extra bits on top of what they said about the actor:
Nohemon- Hideyuki Tanaka gives a superb melancholic performance.
Tanaka returns to Digimon from being Omegamon in X-Evolution and Apollomon in Xros Wars. He's a very well regarded actor with a rather cartoonishly long list of credits on top of his few Digimon appearances.

Gaosmon- Takashi Matsuyama pops up once again. They mention he's been a great help as the voice of Algomon & many others.
He's the credited voice of Algomon in Adventure:, and has also shown up in various characters that pop up quickly. He wa salso Allomon & Musyamon in Tamers and Snimon in Frontier. Another actor popping up with an almost endless amount of roles.

Atamadekachimon- New to Digimon is Wasabi Mizuta. She gave sweet wasabi chocolates to the staff to celebrate that her 25th anniversary as a voice actor.
While she's new to Digimon, she has a numebr of notable roles, perhaps no more so than the well known robot cat Doraemon, who she's been the voice of for over 15 years.

Plus we also have a promotional screenshot render from Fuji TV for the episode.

ep47preview_fuji_may8_2021.jpg

Attachments

• ep47preview04_may8_2021article.jpg
    ep47preview04_may8_2021article.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 9,829

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So people were right that it was Gaossmon. I suppose the big one could still be a Gaossmon evolution though

GeekDex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NO WAY!!! Atamadekachimon actually makes an official appearance! That’s a deep cut into the Digimon roster. Only took 15 years!

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was not expecting that to be Atamadekachimon's color scheme to be honest. I'd always wondered if it was supposed to be green or maybe orange if they followed the original submission. Though in the 15 years it took to be used, at least it didn't go gray with age.

GeekDex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was not expecting that to be Atamadekachimon's color scheme to be honest. I'd always wondered if it was supposed to be green or maybe orange if they followed the original submission. Though in the 15 years it took to be used, at least it didn't go gray with age.
Same. I always figured it’d be orange based on the original submission.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Atamedakachimon will serve in an “older” Gaosmon type of roll. It would be neat to see an evolution, but then it would make Minidekachimon superfluous.

We’ll probably get a reference book update with them!

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it won't be only taichi that will fight!
We didn't see enough of zudomon.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's to contrast with Gaossmon, or maybe they thought orange would make it too similar to Agumon.

I wonder if Atamedakachimon will serve in an “older” Gaosmon type of roll. It would be neat to see an evolution, but then it would make Minidekachimon superfluous.
I think it's some sort of rivalry. Gaossmon might evolve into a new Digimon, maybe named "ChiisaGaossmon" for a pun on "small face" and to contrast with Atamadekachimon's big head.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, after years of only having Atamadekachimon's art in black and white it's pretty weird seeing him in colour, specially when is such a vibrant red.

Not that I'm complaining tho, 5 head lizard looks pretty cool in red B)