Adventure: Episode 40 Ranks in Top 10 Anime on Japanese TV for March 15-21

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Based on the ratings chart from Video Research, Digimon Adventure: episode 40, Strike! The Killer Shot, ranked in the top 10 for anime programs in the week it aired (March 15th through 21st.)

It got a 2.6 rating and tied for 9th place with perennial favorites Curious George and Anpanman, right behind popular series Butt Detective (and not super far off Pretty Cure.)

The ratings are relatively close to what we've seen the handful of other times Adventure: has popped into the top 10, suggesting it's mostly just out of the top 10 based on small fluctuations on various shows in that range, keeping it reasonably high up on the most viewed anime titles running today in Japan.

The ratings number represents an estimate of the percentage of the population who watched a program via surveying households in the Kanto region of Japan.

Later recorded/DVR/streaming views are not included in the given rating, just the initial live TV airing.

Thanks to Anime News Network for the info.

Our discussion thread for the episode can be found here.

Attachments

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the show goes that well maybe it will get a second season...

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After I searched 'butt detective' I realized that could have gone poorly, but looks like a funny anime.
Good to see Digimon anime is still popular and seemingly entertaining to a new audience.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A second season will depend more on meechandise sales than ratings.

There was cases of anime that have pretty good ratings, but these were canceled due to low merchandise sales.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A second season will depend more on meechandise sales than ratings.

There was cases of anime that have pretty good ratings, but these were canceled due to low merchandise sales.
Oh I forgot about that! True! The advantage of this show is that its merch is Adventure merch so I believe that it will go well.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the first time it's been in the top ten in something along the lines of half a year, isn't it? Pretty sure the last time was before even Nidhoggmon.

Applimon had good ratings in its first half, as I recall, but its merch sold poorly so it got death slotted.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Filler arcs for good ratings? lol
Didnt they take a week(s?) break too??

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is interesting. Maybe we'll get more stuff later. We can only hope.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Must have been a slow week if Taichi turning into a fruit is considered a highlight.