Adventure: Digivice Keychains Coming, Update- June for 300 yen each

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Our first solid info on a Digimon Adventure: product.

9 different keychains based on the new Digivice from Digimon Adventure:.

It's described as "an important item in the series, the Digivice, has been reproduced to a high quality" and it also mentions that "it glows."

The one they show with the blue ring is the 'normal' color, while the silhouetted ones each have one of the 8 kids' names on them. So it appears we are getting a general version, along with unique versions for each kid in Adventure:, as they did in the original Adventure.

The rest of the details are general details for the show we found out about awhile ago that you can read about here and here.

Thanks to a baidu user for sending us the image and onkei for translations.

Update- Same person sent additional information based on more of the source image.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They will be 300 yen each and released in June.

Attachments

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So “unique” in this case is probably referring to the special colours that evolutions using the crests had in past Adventure stories, right?

I’d be surprised if we get as far as Perfect levels soon enough in April to start selling this type of merchandise, so maybe they’ll start using the unique colours for Adult evolutions now. I guess the only way we’ll know is when the series starts (or we get a much more detailed PV in March).

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not a fan of how they changed the year of the setting to 2020 but use Digivices that seem to have such a dated interface. It feels counterintuitive to what I thought they were going for for the sake of nostalgia

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not a fan of how they changed the year of the setting to 2020 but use Digivices that seem to have such a dated interface. It feels counterintuitive to what I thought they were going for for the sake of nostalgia
They've changed everything. Not just the year the show takes place. This is a completely different canon. The only thing staying the same are the children and the Digimon partners but the story and canon will be completely different.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those aren't that bad. Let's see if they do anything else. ...Reminds me of some I thought of. ...They were based on the D-ARC.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They've changed everything. Not just the year the show takes place. This is a completely different canon. The only thing staying the same are the children and the Digimon partners but the story and canon will be completely different.
I like the change, what I'm saying is that I don't like that the digivices aren't very changed. It makes them look dated

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added price and release month info to the news.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, June. I guess that kinda invalidates a lot of my previous post lol. That’s maybe just enough time to get to the point where they’d want to start advertising the Perfect evolutions.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the change, what I'm saying is that I don't like that the digivices aren't very changed. It makes them look dated
I believe they'll make the digivices use a hologram interface or something, which would make it seem more advanced. Otherwise I don't understand why they have no buttons

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait when did they change the time era the series takes place? In kizuna or did it start with tri?, or is it the new series?

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait when did they change the time era the series takes place? In kizuna or did it start with tri?, or is it the new series?
It's the new series.

NeoDarklight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the new series.
oh then I’m cool with it since it’s essentially a reboot, thanks
Not even a real reboot. From what I'm given to understand, it's effectively its own continuity. Likely won't even have the same sequence of events, really, what with how they're supposedly going to be going back and forth between the Real and Digital Worlds, based on information presented so far.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the new series.
Not even a real reboot. From what I'm given to understand, it's effectively its own continuity. Likely won't even have the same sequence of events, really, what with how they're supposedly going to be going back and forth between the Real and Digital Worlds, based on information presented so far.
That's literally what a reboot is

NeoDarklight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the new series.
That's literally what a reboot is
Not always. Sometimes, they adhere pretty closely to the original, with a few minor alterations.