Adventure: Character Art and Profiles

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon seemingly fulfilling "a major role in a great war that took place in the old internet" is a plot point that interests me.

I like Koushiro's sandals.

So Mimi is apparently royalty now.

GrungeCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fairly miffed at Takeru's new design honestly. I didn't care for his original design either, but the way Hikari's design is handled compared to his is just really, really bizarre.

They are both supposed to be 8 years old so should be similar proportionally, and from the original Adventure, we know they're the same height. However, Takeru looks extremely short and fairly chubby--in fact, he seems to be missing about half his legs. And I doubt there's a dramatic backstory about why they're missing and he's secretly a war veteran. He could pass for 4 or 5 years old easily.

Hikari on the other hand is drawn extremly thin and is mostly made of stick legs, which gives the illusion of her being tall as well. Though with her clothes, she looks her age and I think the overalls fit her design nicely though would look better proportionally if they were long overalls instead of shorts.

Basically I'm very curious to see how they look animated next to each other.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except it was confirmed in the Q&A of the March V-Jump issue that the forest seen in the poster/promo art was the Digital World, and the Internet we see in the trailer looks nothing like the natural scenery in the poster. So it definitely and like, very literally looks like the DW is a very specific place that is different from the rest of the Internet (just like in the old Adventure mythos), it's just that Psi doesn't seem to take place within the DW, it'll be more Hunters/Appmon-y where the Internet fulfills the role of the DigiQuarts/AR Field
I suppose within Adventure itself, Our War Game might also be an apt comparison what with Digimon on the 'net causing problems in the real world. :unsure:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru always looked stubby in Adventure compared to Hikari. They probably should have fixed that, but it’s no weirder now than it was originally.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fairly miffed at Takeru's new design honestly. I didn't care for his original design either, but the way Hikari's design is handled compared to his is just really, really bizarre.

They are both supposed to be 8 years old so should be similar proportionally, and from the original Adventure, we know they're the same height. However, Takeru looks extremely short and fairly chubby--in fact, he seems to be missing about half his legs. And I doubt there's a dramatic backstory about why they're missing and he's secretly a war veteran. He could pass for 4 or 5 years old easily.

Hikari on the other hand is drawn extremly thin and is mostly made of stick legs, which gives the illusion of her being tall as well. Though with her clothes, she looks her age and I think the overalls fit her design nicely though would look better proportionally if they were long overalls instead of shorts.

Basically I'm very curious to see how they look animated next to each other.
In Adventure, Takeru has always been small boy and he was smaller than Hikari (he grows a lot for 02).

Also, he isn't chubby (that impression is probably due to the clothes). In the original Adventure, he was as thin as the other boys (we can see this in Episode 17), so it is likely the same in Adventure 2020.

The character designs of Adventure 2020 are the same as the original Adventure (the clothes are the main difference). So, Takeru and Hikari next to each other will look similar to the original Adventure.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "normally" acting weird could be Hikari's attitude after Episode 1. Character profiles seem to include things that are shown during the character interactions in the new anime (for example: Mimi causing problems).
Except the profiles were generally stating a character's general traits first, before going into their role in the internet jumping shenanigans.
The fact that Hikari’s strange attitude is introduced in the first sentence rather than the second one makes it likely that it is not triggered as the plot progresses, but was a trait of hers from the start.

As they mention an ancient war or Takeru's new "intuition", I think they will mantain the "magical" fantasy set just mixed with "digital" aspects (like Adventure original). At least, I hope it is the case, since I always like the "magical" set.
I don’t think that’s much of an argument, since nothing prevents a science fiction story from dealing with exactly those kinds of themes. I mean half of Dune is thousands of years of made up history and people expanding their consciousness into the future and god knows where and it’s still (soft) Science Fiction.

A direct reference to original continuity isn't impossible, but I think it is unlikely. I mean, they likely want this story to stand alone.
I don't think much can be said about how isolated they want to have their story as long as we don't even know what the story actually is

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except the profiles were generally stating a character's general traits first, before going into their role in the internet jumping shenanigans.
The fact that Hikari’s strange attitude is introduced in the first sentence rather than the second one makes it likely that it is not triggered as the plot progresses, but was a trait of hers from the start.
I guess we need to wait and see. In the first episodes, we should know if her attitude is new or not.

I don’t think that’s much of an argument, since nothing prevents a science fiction story from dealing with exactly those kinds of themes. I mean half of Dune is thousands of years of made up history and people expanding their consciousness into the future and god knows where and it’s still (soft) Science Fiction.
This is true.

I admit it is mainly my wish, since I really like the "magical" setting. So, I really hope it is mantained for Adventure 2020.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Did I just see agumon breath pepper breath multiple times rather than ones and calling it a day, no not only that but he was also using his claws and jumping/flying around, now this is the anime I have been waiting for, og adventure already forgotten.
? Original Adventure will never be forgotten. And there were some digimon did had performed their battle techniques multiple times in the past. But there were tons of attacks dealt 100% chance killed the enemies in one shot or ended up ineffective due to difference in levels. It's not like all of attacks have recoils...

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would wonder if Hikari still had that cold background ?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Did I just see agumon breath pepper breath multiple times rather than ones and calling it a day, no not only that but he was also using his claws and jumping/flying around, now this is the anime I have been waiting for, og adventure already forgotten.
? Original Adventure will never be forgotten. And there were some digimon did had performed their battle techniques multiple times in the past. But there were tons of attacks dealt 100% chance killed the enemies in one shot or ended up ineffective due to difference in levels. It's not like all of attacks have recoils...
I am just talking about presentation, it's an huge difference. In the og agumon would use same screen over and over again if he used his pepper breath the second time (did he actually ever jump? Or even used his claws? got to see the anime again, but its soo dull that I rather watch better stuff then slideshows).

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah I see well the same animation of battle techniques were pretty common in children/teen's TV shows.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I imagine this is gonna be on CR cause Tri was on CR, but it could be like Appmon which did not get any official subs. I can't imagine that being the case though, this is way too popular. Either CR or Funimation will stream it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can hope CR gets it. If only so it'll be easier to find subs.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I hope CR can get it for us as well. They've been a bit weird in that Xros Wars and Appmon are available but nothing from Adventure so far. :(

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Between XW and Appmon, and technically tri., they've gotten all the latest series in the franchise so I would think it's definitely possible for them to pick up Adventure:. My guess as to the reason they probably don't have the older series is licensing them must be trickier or just more expensive or something. The newer series are also natively in HD, not sure if that would play into their decisions at all but I imagine it's easier than tracking down the BD versions of all the old series.

Anyways, the fact that both PVs so far have had English versions uploaded right alongside the Japanese versions definitely means they care about the international audience so I expect we'll get it somehow.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A simul-dub would be the dream. A lot of series have been doing those the last few years. Tri technically did get one since th dub started before Tri ended. Being 4/5 episodes behind would be what i'd expect in a simuldub

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will say it is assuring that we had a PV that showed the date and everything but it is alarming how many animes/films are being delayed cause of the coronavirus. Safety first absolutely especially for creators and animators.

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked Patamon's Profile. Mostly that of that his evolved form fullfilled a major role in a battle from ancient times :)

I was expecting his profile to be like the original one from Adventure. You know, that he is naive and such XD

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What if Agumon and the other partners were actually from the original Adventure timeline who somehow crossed over into this universe and ended up being partnered with the Adventure 2020 timeline's versions of Taichi and co.?