Adventure: Character Art and Profiles

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On top of everything else, we get the new clean character art and profiles for everyone!

Update- All the translations are up!

Taichi Yagami: 5th grader. He is an 11-year-old with a fierce sense of responsibility who would rather act for someone else rather than for himself. When he's suddenly pulled into the internet to battle, he is able to correctly decide on what he needs to do, turning a pinch into opportunity.

Agumon: Taichi's Digimon partner. He appears to know Taichi from long ago. When their hearts combine, he evolves into Greymon to release a powerful fireball. He seems to have fulfilled a major role in a great war that took place in the old internet, but...?

Yamato Ishida: 5th grader. He dove into the internet way before Taichi, and has been investigating the unknown world. He's easily misunderstood because he's a boy of few words who is always "act first, explain later," but everything he does is to protect his friends. He opposes Taichi at times, but when it comes down to it, they both trust and depend on each other.

Gabumon: Yamato's Digimon partner. He understands Yamato's feelings better than anyone. When he evolves, he becomes the warrior Garurumon who excels in speed.

Sora Takenouchi: 5th grader. Taichi's childhood friend. In class, she's the "big sister" that the other girls depend on. Even when she jumps into the internet, she understands the situation and immediately works with Taichi.

Piyomon: Sora's Digimon partner. She is like a baby who follows Sora wherever she goes. She evolves into Birdramon, who specializes in aerial battle.

Koushiro Izumi: 4th grader. He lives in the same apartment complex as Taichi. Although he has a withdrawn personality, he is knowledgeable on the internet and is good at gathering and analyzing information. An incident involving the city's loop line is what causes him and Taichi to become friends, and they both jump into the adventure together.

Tentomon: Koushiro's Digimon partner. The moodmaker who speaks in a strange Kansai dialect. When he evolves into Kabuterimon, his exoskeleton strengthens giving him superior defense.

Mimi Tachikawa: 4th grader. She is a princess who consistently does her own thing, putting her own interests first. In their adventure in the unknown world, she immediately complains and tries to escape, causing extra trouble and commotion one after another. However, when she has to do something, she gets it done.

Palmon: Mimi's Digimon partner. She evolves into Togemon. She names herself the bodyguard of her beloved Mimi, becoming Togemon who can attack in all directions.

Jou Kido: Sixth grader. He needs to study for his middle school exams, so is completely devoted to studying no matter where he may be. Because he is the oldest of the group, he constantly makes the effort to be the one bringing them all together.

Gomamon: Jou's Digimon partner. He evolves into Ikkakumon. He covers for Jou, in his attempts at effort, one way or the other, like a perfectly dedicated wife.

Takeru Takaishi: 2nd grader. Yamato's younger brother. Due to circumstances, he is living apart from his brother, but with the incident of the first episode, he begins to possess a strange intuition.

Patamon: Takeru's Digimon partner. His evolved form fulfilled a major role in a battle from ancient times.

Hikari Yagami: 2nd grader. She normally acts and says things in a way that make it seem as if she's existing in another world. In the incident of the first episode, she senses her brother Taichi's fight while he is in the internet.

Tailmon: Hikari's Digimon partner. She indirectly influences Taichi and the others during battles. Where she is and why she won't appear is a mystery.

Thanks to onkei for translations.

Music information for the new show can be found here.

The trailer for the new show can be found here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol, all the designs look off to me, but I'm 100% positive it's just because of seeing their original versions for over two decades.

I think the obvious thing that draws attention is the digimons' descriptions. Is this going to somehow be canon to the original in some form, with only the digimon seemingly remembering the old timeline, or is it just the new plot? Probably the latter, but it'd be almost neat to see the former.

The original poster showed what looked like the digital world proper, I'm hoping they do still end up going there, with this "internet" stuff just being the first arc conflicts, like in Tamers and Savers.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
looks like they are twitching some of their characters by the looks of it...but I'm really excited to see a new side to those characters we've grown to know them for 20 years...

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The trailer didn't do much for me but these bios sure are interesting. Getting an Appmon vibe from the execution but with Adventure lore type writing thrown in. I'm honestly just glad we have more information.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very interesting that the kids "dive" into the internet at different points, with Yamato apparently going in way before Taichi.

Quite a contrast compared to 01 where (barring Hikari) the group went to the Digital World together. :unsure:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, I’m torn on several levels. Part of me feels like the profiles are too similar to the original Adventure in terms of personality. I also am not sure what to make of this legendary battle, as it seems almost like a call-back to the original Adventure. Guess we don’t have long to wait either way!

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so into this! Will I keep up with it? Probably not! But I'm definitely vibing with the concept and designs!

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm maybe at end of 2025 timeline that some evil digimon rebooting the event of timeline or evil Genni did ?

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it funny. Most of digimon partners said to fight in their style but Gomamon said to be the wife-like.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When Patamon and Tailmon were not in the poster, I was wondering if they were going to get new designs or if Toei was throwing a curveball and pairing Takeru and Hikari with completely new Digimon. Or that maybe Patamon and Tailmon wouldn't show up for a long time. I was honestly expecting a Tailmon (2020 anime) to be made just so all Partners are Child level.

These profiles confirm most of them have the same Adult forms as the original. So much for there being surprises in the Evolution lines. Unless the surprises are just from Perfect and beyond, or split evo lines.

But what catches my eye is that Patamon's profile mentions its evolved form, but doesn't call it Angemon. Could Patamon and Tailmon's Evolutions be the surprise?

The original poster showed what looked like the digital world proper, I'm hoping they do still end up going there, with this "internet" stuff just being the first arc conflicts, like in Tamers and Savers.
With these profiles, I think the Internet IS the Digital World. We already have a precedent with Appli Monsters's Net Ocean. Now I'm thinking future Digimon series that are not sequels to the ones we already have will use the Internet as the name of the Digital World.

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love how the character design is the exact same but with new clothing. That's some solid nostalgia bait.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love how the character design is the exact same but with new clothing. That's some solid nostalgia bait.
That is good thing or bad thing? As i see now there is mixed feelings about new design and i kind like it

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, I’m torn on several levels. Part of me feels like the profiles are too similar to the original Adventure in terms of personality. I also am not sure what to make of this legendary battle, as it seems almost like a call-back to the original Adventure. Guess we don’t have long to wait either way!
This Legendary Battle is likely the background for the new story (it seems that some important things happened there). So, I don't think it is a call-back to the original Adventure.

The character profiles have some differences (Taichi and Koushiro live closer now), but it was easy to assume that they were going to keep the personality of the characters similar to the original.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With these profiles, I think the Internet IS the Digital World. We already have a precedent with Appli Monsters's Net Ocean. Now I'm thinking future Digimon series that are not sequels to the ones we already have will use the Internet as the name of the Digital World.
That's what I'm worried about. I've always enjoyed the Digital World being a separate place (though obviously still connected and influenced by the human world), with the network/internet being something of a meeting point, and there being spillover into both sides, but they've been shying away from that since Xros Wars. Cyber Sleuth has been the only recent thing that really has that formula, but even they didn't delve much into the Digital World end of things.
I dunno, maybe I'll be fine if "the internet" is actually super expansive and we're just getting small bits of it at first, but I'm really tired of these sectioned-off "theme" areas becoming the norm.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is good thing or bad thing? As i see now there is mixed feelings about new design and i kind like it
These designs are maintained quite well for the current time (especially in programs aimed at kids). Therefore, they can keep the designs (and nostalgia bait) even if they are targeting a new audience.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So they all seem to have done something before the story itself an even evolved before then, interesting. My mind first went to Ryo, but that was after the first season.

lol at Gomamon. Best ship

seems like they either reused old art for the Digimon or just remade it to look like it (with Patamon's being from Tri)

Also they spelled Palmon as Parumon. Oh Bandai, you and your typos

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am curious about how they meet as the classic camp origin is now thow out in this universe.

Last edited:

digicro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They remind me of pallete-swap digimon from Digimon world games.:D

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Did I just see agumon breath pepper breath multiple times rather than ones and calling it a day, no not only that but he was also using his claws and jumping/flying around, now this is the anime I have been waiting for, og adventure already forgotten.

New keramon also looks superb.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Did I just see agumon breath pepper breath multiple times rather than ones and calling it a day, no not only that but he was also using his claws and jumping/flying around, now this is the anime I have been waiting for, og adventure already forgotten.

New keramon also looks superb.
I wish that this forum had like button as i would like this !:cry: