Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray Box Commemorative Special Promo Videos

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Happinet has put up a couple of 'commemorative' special videos to promote the upcoming Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray Box.

The first is based around Adventure, while the second is based on 02. Both feature key scenes & evolution clips from the show. Both feature evolution songs from their season sung by Ayumi Miyazaki.

Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 includes the Blu-rays from prior Adventure and 02 TV & Movie releases in one large box. New art will be used on the box and the discs will have new labels. The disc content themselves will be the same, and the included booklet will be made from re-edited existing material.

The box will be released on March 6th, 2021 (the day before the 22nd Anniversary of Digimon Adventure beginning.)

The price is given as an 'affordable price' for an anime Blu-ray box of this size (but still not cheap), 39,800 yen. This is under the cost of the standalone Blu-ray series boxes that Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier each had (and also cheaper than the standalone DVD boxes the shows had gotten prior to Blu-rays.) More info on the set can be found here.

Pre-orders are currently open at CDJapan. (affiliate link)

Information on store exclusives can be found here.

Attachments

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hate that these box sets never have a worldwide release with dubs. These seem pretty cool

SoulCoreAttack99

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hate that these box sets never have a worldwide release with dubs. These seem pretty cool
Don't need to worry about it. Once they find a distributor and convince Toei Animation to release the box sets or possibly the season sets individually per 13 or more episodes each on DVD/Blu-ray and/or stream, maybe fans (young and old, including new fans) would like to see it digitally remastered in Japanese audio with English subtitles and possibly extra features. It's just a hunch... I'd be willing to support the Digimon franchise!

Note: I forgot to mention it could take a long time to get Digimon anime series to be licenced or distributed, either by Shout! Factory or something else!