A Wild JVB Appeared... Wait, wrong franchise :P

JonVonBasslake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So hi. My "full" name is Jon Von Basslake, but you can just call me Jon or JVB for short. I'm studying game programming at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK for short, coming from Kajaanin Ammattikorkeakoulu, the Finnish title of the Uni). I will probably mostly talk about it as either "the school" or KAMK, since while it is called an university in English, it is more focused on further developing skills to apply in jobs after vocational school or gymnasium (lukio) or would college be the English equivalent? Not sure TBH.

If you didn't guess that i'm a nerd through and through from me studying game programming and an uni at that, then shock of all shocks, i am a huge nerd. I've liked Digimon ever since i was a kid watching the original Adventure on VHS tapes (I think it was being shown on cable tv, but that doesn't reach to where we live. We didn't get more than three channels until digital aerial broadcasts became a thing) my dad bought from Helsinki where he was working at the time. It was always exciting when he came home and brought a new tape. In hindsight, the dubbing was questionable at best. If you're curious, look up "Agapio Racing Team" on YT. No idea why they were called that...

My favorite seasons are Savers (and specifically Savers, not Data Squad as that had some odd changes from what i know and changed the character names...) and Tamers. While Tamers is great, i feel that at times it's too dark to be my favorite. Nothing against those who like it better, i just like DS more :p I haven't seen Frontier actually, but the whole basic concept of "Digimon, but sentai" feels a bit off to me. I need to do a full watch of all the series, since i haven't actually seen anything after Savers.

I'm also working on a fic from time to time, i might make a thread on it at some point. At least once i launch it i will. Not sure what else to say, really...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome to the forum! Every series is certainly worth giving a shot, even if it doesn’t turn out to be a favorite.