A "Salutations!" from (hopefully) a new friend!

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sal-u-tations! I'm a lil' nervous but figured it would be worth it to try and join. I've always kinda liked forums but they aren't as common on the internet anymore it seems. I recently found my way to With the Will with the recent announcements of the new Digimon Card Game in Japan, and my increasing excitement in it. I hope it comes States side, but if it doesn't... Oh well, my favorite TCG is WIXOSS which never came international, but at least dedicated fans keep cards translated and the game playable online worldwide, so I hope the same happens to this new Digimon game if it doesn't come here!

Anyway, I guess I'm obligated to take a moment and talk about my history with Digimon, yeah? Haha, I've been a fan since a young girl, but never got to talk about it much, being the only Digimon fan around a bunch of kids who were all in with Pokemon, I never really got to experience the series much outside of the anime. I did own a VHS of the "Movie", which I watched seemingly nonstop (let's be honest, I probably did this entirely to rewatch the Our War Game segment, and only this segment).

As I've gotten older I've been able to expand my knowledge of the series a bit more. As a kid, I really only experienced Adventure and 02, but I've now watched... at least up to Frontier... I really keep procrastinating on Savers, though... I've experimented in playing a few of the PS1 video games, as well as beating Digimon World Re;Digitize on PSP, via fan translation, I'm a huge fan of Cyber Sleuth, though I've yet to experience Hacker's Memory (Just got my hands on the Complete Edition thanks to a friend though! I'll get to it after replaying the first game, promise), and also just recently got Digimon Dusk from my sister as a gift!

I have a lot of Digimon I like, Palmon, GranLocomon, Guilmon, Lilithmon, I've got some wild taste probably, haha. If I had to pick a #1 though, I'd probably say Okuwamon or GranKuwagamon? Maybe a bit of an odd choice, but I used to play an MMO, I think it was called Digimon Masters Online? I remember it having a kind of... bad hatching mechanic, so I ended up getting super attached to the Kunemon they gave you early on, whom I named Beck, so that's the story behind that!

Anyway, sorry! This introduction may have gotten kind of overzealous and lengthy, haha. Though I guess that shows you what kinda personality you're dealing with. Hope we get along!
Also, feel free to wish me luck on my next goal... getting my girlfriend into Digimon too!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome to the forum! And good luck with interesting someone in Digimon. I don’t think I’ve ever managed that myself.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, Welcome to WtW!

While it's most likely unknown by now whether the new card game will see the outside world, how about you will try the current card game that was released worldwide? It's pretty fun too, and maybe it's still available somewhere on the auctions. At the end of the day it's a card game that most of us ever played ;).

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how about you will try the current card game that was released worldwide?
There's a current card game that's even available worldwide? 😯
Huh, I've never heard of it. I may look into it but between the TCGs I already occasionally play, and lookin' forward to the new one, I don't know if I need another one on my plate yet, haha.
Though since I've not heard of this one, I am a teensy bit curious at the very least.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There shouldn’t be a current English card game. He may be talking about one of the defunct ones like Digi-Battle.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Digi-Battle. That's why I wrote that maybe it's still available somewhere on the auctions ;).

It's a pretty ancient game, yeah, though pretty much the only Digimon one that was available worldwide and didn't die after releasing the starter deck.

EDIT: Though the Japanese version of it is still updated and new cards are released to it.

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh okay, yeah I was confused 'cuz I knew Digimon had a few card games, but not many that ever came out in English.
Mm, I actually do still own some Digi-Battle cards, they're a bit roughed up though since I got them as a child from playground trading, back in the days of not knowing what card sleeves were. I have actually read the rules for Digi-Battle (and Hyper Coliseum) during a brief stint of research on past Digimon TCGs after the new one popped up and uh... *sharp inhale* Yeah, I think I'll just... wait, haha.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a new card game in English ;).

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We can certainly hope, though it still might take anywhere from a few months to a year to come out if it ever does.
Worst case scenario, I suppose I can at least help a bit on making it somewhat playable online if we continue getting fan translations, I suppose? Wouldn't be the first time I coded custom cards into Cockatrice or other similar platforms.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am super excited by the new Digimon TCG too, it and Digimon Survive are the two Digimon things I'm most excited for currently. I think its incredibly low price point is going to make it very competitive against other card games. If it comes out in English (it BETTER come out in English), I hope the low price remains.

Anyways, welcome to the forum!

Torrin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here. If you're still interested in the PS1 games I suggest Digimon world 1 and 3. The first is a hardcore moster raising RPG and the third is a more traditional RPG experience. Both excellent and among my favorites!

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, thank you! I may go back to them at some point. Honestly... maybe not World 1, I kinda got my fill of that from Re;Digitize, going back to World 1 might be a bit rough after that.
I do eventually want to get around to World 2 and World 3 though, especially 3, since I rented it a lot as a kid, but the disc was like messed up and always crashed the game early on I think.