A deeper análisis between Ryo Akiyama and Milleniunmon

Mattatias

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im trying to put together a research about some concepts used to build the relationship between Ryo and Milleniunmon explored on the wonderswan games. Perhaps if there was an intention from the developers about making that milleniunmon's obsession with ryo and being his true partner. Also some philosophical questions about the existance of that digimon as being the other side of the coin, the light and dark, and milliniunmon existing because of ryo.
I was discusting this with a friend the other day and he made a parallel between the concept explored with the antagonist of mother 2. What are your thoughts about this? Do you have any info related or interview to the developers for an insight about if they based theese games in any other? Whould you compare the relathionship between ryo and milliniunmon with another?
I'm reading your answers! Edit:sorry for the ' on analisis, my keyboard is in spanish and the autocorrector was on

Mattatias

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are several threads on this subject on the forum. The most recent one is: https://withthewill.net/threads/question-about-milleniumon-and-akiyama-ryou.20237/
The thing is im not aiming about the time travel plot or discussing the fact that milleniunmon is or isnt ryo's partner or how was it made anyway. Im trying to figure out the philosophical concept explored on these games. About the intention of the developers in bending the story of the existance of mille and his obsession with ryo trying to figure out why he exists in the process.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess if they did explore any themes in the WonderSwan game it might be that even 'evil' Digimon don't always have to stay that way.

Millenniumon saying only Ryo's capable of defeating him either speaks to how powerful Ryo is to begin with (as a character created for the games), or that humans and Digimon who are partnered with each other have the same strength which probably manifest themselves in different ways.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess if they did explore any themes in the WonderSwan game it might be that even 'evil' Digimon don't always have to stay that way.

Millenniumon saying only Ryo's capable of defeating him either speaks to how powerful Ryo is to begin with (as a character created for the games), or that humans and Digimon who are partnered with each other have the same strength which probably manifest themselves in different ways.
Or even that ALL Digimon have potential human partners and Millenniumon is the only one powerful enough to require having his human defeat him. Now that we know even Apocalymon has a partner, this is the explanation I choose to go with.