With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 359 of 360 FirstFirst ... 259309349356357358359360 LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3593

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    So do you guys think possible that Bandai stopped their Twitter because Japanese fans were apparently shaming them so badly or am I just being paranoid? Edit: Lol they updated an hour ago with an ad for merch so I guess we're OK?
    more likely it's an automatic message, not run by someone. Still not considered an update.
    Scheduled updates still have to be programmed in, they don't just magically happen.

There apparently were no other 'programmed in' tweets in the last few weeks, which ironically lines up with no real Bandai related Digimon news (or at least not news that other accounts didn't happen.)

And of course, someone had to program this one in at some point, make sure it went up correctly, etc.

By your rather ludicrous moving of the goal post, nearly ANY tweet the Bandai Twitter has made, minus corrections, could be 'automatic', making the entire point of 'well they haven't tweeted in awhile' rather worthless.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    So, looking through my player's guide for Next Order, I noticed that Gankoomon's primary attack, 地神!神鳴!神馳!親父!, has some unusual furigana. Usually it would be pronounced "Jishin! Kaminari! Kaji! Oyaji!", which is what we have on Wikimon right now. But the furigana given shows the pronunciation is "Chijin! Shinmei! Shinchi! Shinbu!" I believe that there's some kind of wordplay going on here (the first word means "fool," the second can mean "god"), but I'm not sure what exactly it is. Can anyone help out with this?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    So, looking through my player's guide for Next Order, I noticed that Gankoomon's primary attack, 地神!神鳴!神馳!親父!, has some unusual furigana. Usually it would be pronounced "Jishin! Kaminari! Kaji! Oyaji!", which is what we have on Wikimon right now. But the furigana given shows the pronunciation is "Chijin! Shinmei! Shinchi! Shinbu!" I believe that there's some kind of wordplay going on here (the first word means "fool," the second can mean "god"), but I'm not sure what exactly it is. Can anyone help out with this?
    "Chijin! Shinmei! Shinchi! Shinbu!" is what you would get if you tried to literally transliterate the kanji using On reading, but we know from the reference book that "Jishin! Kaminari! Kaji! Oyaji!" is the intended reading so the player's guide is most likely mistaken/not informed on the correct reading.
    The move is a reference to the Japanese proverb '地震雷火事親父', where 地震/jishin = earthquake, 雷/kaminari = thunder, 火事/kaji = fire, 親父/oyaji = father. The proverb means 'one's father is more horrifying than any natural disaster'.
    The kanji used for Gankoomon's attack are just ways to achieve the same pronunciation as the proverb by creating compounds containing 神 'god', since that kanji has different readings, in this case 'shin', 'kami', and 'ka'.
    --
    Probably not that interesting to others, but the way 'kaminari' (thunder) is written here, 神鳴, actually represents the original compound of the word. So the Japanese word for thunder originally literally meant 'cry of god'.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Ah, okay. Thank you for the explanation.

Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Just shocks me WGmon and MG weren't already in there.

In fact, all but Megidramon not being in there shocks me

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/s...09340732329985

tokomon x is so god damn cute. dammit bandai how did you make me like an x form

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

They were already there, before 2010. However, a few profiles were lost (among other stuff) when they updated the site for the Xros Wars era, included these.

Some people has complained about this, saying that they are lazy and that they should have added those profiles back years ago.

Lmao well now I'm annoyed at them using it as an excuse to have less new profiles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

They were already there, before 2010. However, a few profiles were lost (among other stuff) when they updated the site for the Xros Wars era, included these.

Some people has complained about this, saying that they are lazy and that they should have added those profiles back years ago.
    Wow, what were all the lost profiles? I donít remember ever hearing about this before.