With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 357 of 360 FirstFirst ... 257307347354355356357358359360 LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3594

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    They were already AFK for over a week before that. People were already worried.also how about you read the twitter thread? It says the guy who made the figure doesn't care they used it so...
    still, Bandai need to be concerned...

but think about it, how can Bandai staff be clumsy enough to use something fan-made and put it in a media that they sell into public? (though it's P-Bandai only)

are the staffs that incompetent?
    Last edited by DATS24; 12-15-2018 at 08:05 AM.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    They were already AFK for over a week before that. People were already worried.also how about you read the twitter thread? It says the guy who made the figure doesn't care they used it so...
    If that's the case, maybe the guy that made the figure just wanted some credits, which is pretty normal since it's a custom creation. But I have no idea what's the real deal to be honest. One comment in the same thread states that the figure was licensed for one-day event in 2012.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    If that's the case, maybe the guy that made the figure just wanted some credits, which is pretty normal since it's a custom creation. But I have no idea what's the real deal to be honest. One comment in the same thread states that the figure was licensed for one-day event in 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post

but think about it, how can Bandai staff be clumsy enough to use something fan-made and put it in a media that they sell into public? (though it's P-Bandai only)

Mistakes happen. Off the top of my head, the PS2 and Wii version of one of the Sonic games included fan art of not even Amy, but the sister to Sonic from one of the Sonic cartoons and that meant it couldn't be patched out, so its still there to this day. All the artist said to that was she was honoured to be in the game lol. Shoutmon X4K belongs to Bandai, and if he only got the rights to use it for one day, then I feel like the rights would then return to Bandai and would allow them to do whatever they want with it, but I'm not gonna pretend I know the laws. To be able to give him the license to use it for one day, that would mean Bandai owned the rights to it, which is prob why its here. Likleyhood is, this fan sold the rights to that pic, then was able to sell it for one day and thats why he "doesn't care", cuz there's nothing he can do. The fan has said he's fine with it, so the other fans need to stop harassing Bandai about it and making up stories. Plus, the same fan, if he's making these figures, probably infringed on Bandai's copyrights multiple times, I doubt this Shoutmon is the only Digi product he made. so yeah, the only way you can "give a one day license to sell a product" if if you own said product already

Not just that, look at the pattern...

First, the last time they did a tweet was in November 29, then not long after that, on the same day an user named kei01 (he's quite famous in japanese digimon fandom) commented about the Shoutmon X4K pic using without permission from the artbook.

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/s...31280096534530 (bandai's last post)
    https://twitter.com/kei01_headline/s...35510752395264 (kei01's comment)
    https://twitter.com/kei01_headline/s...37817929998336 (kei01's comment part 2)
    A fan on the internet is angry. Few care. A handful of people are giving more credence to this person's 'anger' mattering than it does.

This is roughly correct. Most likely their social person/team is taking a break after they've been on somewhat of a tear for the last few months in general, and the last few weeks in general.

Believing that it's incompetence would require knowing very little about how this sort of thing is put together in the first place.

Shit happens. The person who made the figure apparently understands this, hopefully Bandai will still try and make good with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I can't speak to if Bandai actually might have licensed it for promotional usage, it's possible, but that smells more like someone trying to come up with an explanation rather than the more likely case of 'whoops, forgot to swap the image out'.

Mistakes happen.
    Basically. Any given product/thing has 100s, 1000s, of pieces. There are simply 'always' things that slip, it's just a matter if people notice them or not.

As an example, as a missing piece that people noticed, but no one talks about, one of the early Omegamon design proposals is missing from the first 20th Art Book.

It was likely a mistake to not include it, but something like that missing doesn't come across as a mistake. Bandai may not even 'have' the artwork of it, because it's sitting on the shelf of the person who helped design it.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm more concerned about the Marvel Nendoroid. It's Marvel's MCU and Good Smile Company/Max Factory. (I'm not sure how it works exactly but yeah.

But it's all very strange so it feels like a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Marvel Nendoroid. It's Marvel's MCU and Good Smile Company/Max Factory. (I'm not sure how it works exactly but yeah.

But it's all very strange so it feels like a coincidence?
    Someone on hand likely didn't have art of Rudomon on hand, grabbed an image of a character who in silhouette would look roughly similiar and made it a silhouette, no one noticed.

It happens. Good Smile will likely receive an apology in private and that'll be that (if that, since these companies often work with eachother on things, and likely both companies use stand in of other products constantly.)

Netflix accidentally used SAO fanart. Capcom once used stand-in art of Okami off IGN that had the IGN logo on it that made it to the release copy.

A handful of fans tend to take it as a sign of there being a 'problem' at a company, when the simple answer is... mistakes happen and things get missed. No one likes it, but people at every level of production understand mistakes happen. You do your best to catch them, but as I mentioned above, you simply won't catch everything.

A relevant quote from a well known mistake, when a Resident Evil game had it's title spelled wrong on it's own package:
    For Resident Evil: Revelations, I can't even tell you how many people looked at that package and approved it. Nintendo of America, Nintendo Japan, ESRB, I don't know how many people internally, and our guys in Japan. I can't come up with an excuse for it. It just happened. We're not happy about it.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    One error that comes to mind for Digimon, is one that still persists to this day. Within like, an hour, of Hacker's Memory announcement, someone on Reddit made this

you might be thinking, whats the relevance here, however something like 95% of news reports, even now, are using this art and even sites like Amazon are using it to sell the game instead of the actual cover. there are mulitple sites like kotaku, ign and such using this. its one of the first things to come up when you search hackers memory on google. ...heck, its actually the first thing that comes up

its even there twice. three times if you count ign's video, which bandai promoted as they gave them exclusive footage.

this is not the cover. one of the characters isnt even a digimon character. its the protag from devil survivor (same character designer), and despite the fact there's like 500 news reports using it, I guess neither Atlus, Bandai, or even someone like IGN noticed? I laughed every time I saw it, because this Reddit guys fan art (Which he made within an hour of it being announced) kept showing up every time news about the game was posted, there was even one of them from a big site like, ign or something saying "here's the cover!" no one was sued for this and... I'm assuming the guy who made it didnt care lol, he prob thought it was funny

bandai technically actually posted this image too because they posted a bunch of the reviews so fan could see the reviewers liked it I guess and some of them had this image in there lmfao

Completely digital
    One error that comes to mind for Digimon, is one that still persists to this day. Within like, an hour, of Hacker's Memory announcement, someone on Reddit made this

you might be thinking, whats the relevance here, however something like 95% of news reports, even now, are using this art and even sites like Amazon are using it to sell the game instead of the actual cover. there are mulitple sites like kotaku, ign and such using this. its one of the first things to come up when you search hackers memory on google. ...heck, its actually the first thing that comes up

its even there twice. three times if you count ign's video, which bandai promoted as they gave them exclusive footage. I don't care if the western Bamco didn't even realize Hibiki's pict as an outsider, the western Bamco staffs aren't the one with sufficient digimon knowledge, what I'm really concerned is the Japanese Bandai's staff, who work for internal digimon franchise.

this is not the cover. one of the characters isnt even a digimon character. its the protag from devil survivor (same character designer), and despite the fact there's like 500 news reports using it, I guess neither Atlus, Bandai, or even someone like IGN noticed? I laughed every time I saw it, because this Reddit guys fan art (Which he made within an hour of it being announced) kept showing up every time news about the game was posted, there was even one of them from a big site like, ign or something saying "here's the cover!" no one was sued for this and... I'm assuming the guy who made it didnt care lol, he prob thought it was funny

bandai technically actually posted this image too because they posted a bunch of the reviews so fan could see the reviewers liked it I guess and some of them had this image in there lmfao
    one mistake is forgivable, but there are continuous mistakes made by Bandai's staffs, and fans are questioning them.

Heres some quote I captured from the same person from my previous post:

"It's basically frustration vented at the less-than-competent Digimon staff in the recent decade, and while twitter has provided pics and stuff they didn't improve the general quality of games, like the Digimon X and the phone games, or the attitude of the staff."

"I wish they put as much attention on Digimon as Gundam or Pretty Cure. Those are decently marketed, have good staff and have a stable audience, with good animations, toys and stories. The incompetence of the recent Digimon staff really has led to this downfall."

"Twitter has done little to actually improve the long time problem of typos and mistakes, and even misinformation in their V pet mon charts."

"What the staff needs to do is to get their shit together and actually produce good content, especially those accessible to the general viewer, and stop making good looking mons that do literally nothing. Like GraceNova. And the new project is already a nightmare (Adv movie)."

"Exactly why people don't have faith in the Digimon staff. Bandai rotates its staff regularly and only a handful actually do their work. Its obvious most of the current staff don't have love for the franchise and are just bullshitting the fans, hence all the frustration."

I won't say it's just one person's anger, but certainly there are many japanese digimon fans on twitter I found expressing the same opinion as NHoko. And I can feel it also. I haven't met any Japanese fans who defended what Bandai did and telling that "what the staffs are doing is already good", many still support the product like Digimon X, but despite supporting, it doesn't mean they aren't disappointed at all, in fact, the popularity is getting declined, no new fans anymore, and the longtime fans are getting tired and eventually give up against it.

http://nhoko.xxxxxxxx.jp/diary14.html
    Last edited by DATS24; 12-16-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    People are bitching on the internet? I'm shocked. Really, I wish the longtime fans who hate Digimon so much actually would give up on it so we didn't have to listen to them anymore. Also, I love how all of these people think they're intimately familiar with Bandai's inner workings.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ah yes, Gundam, with it's tradition of perfection...

Like any fan, they are picking and choosing their examples, often without putting much thought into it.

But since they've chosen Gundam, I'll pick that as a fair option, since it's basically Bandai's biggest brand that they own wholesale.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Look at all these misspellings in Seed that no one caught...

Valcan (twice), Assalut, Armr...

Damn Bandai, they don't care.

Oh wait... they went back years later to do a new HD edit of Seed... so they must care!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

THEY FIXED EVERYTHING! They must really care to spend all that time and effort... THEY CARE!

'looks at the left side of the screen'

Reat of Fire

Damn, guess they don't care...

Although it's worth mentioning, fixing that sort of thing in a remaster is exceedingly rare, especially since it's English text that is generally there for flavor that the Japanese audience was unlikely to notice.

Mistakes are made constantly, and sometimes they aren't caught. Anyone who thinks different doesn't know what they are talking about, and would be best to not listen to.

Some people simply have a need to yell, often with the vague suggestion that they could do better. More often than not they couldn't, and that's why they yell, because it's all they can do.

The fact the example they gave is Gundam and Pretty Cure, franchises that are far higher up on the chain 'because' of their constant ongoing success points out just how little their points really mean.