With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 344 of 345 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345 LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3448

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    First time I heard of this Dark Area have... flames? Wut?? Unless if I overlooked?
    Yes, it came up before. The flames of Cerberumon's Hellfire attack have been stated to be the flames of the dark area, so only the flames having a specific name is actually new. Going further back MetalEtemon mentioned the flames of hell all the way back in adventure although in his case it might just have been the firewall.

That's a cool connection. Both Cerberumon X and Beelzebumon X are in the Black vpet too

I come from the net
    Ah I'm getting curious for sure. Is this Dark Area some of portal or what? Some Digimons tend to attack using the borrowed "power" of Dark Area varies from the flame, darkness, despair, grudge, and dark energy, etc... Or all their attacks act like as the portal to borrow its power to release powerful attacks?

Ah I'm getting curious for sure. Is this Dark Area some of portal or what? Some Digimons tend to attack using the borrowed "power" of Dark Area varies from the flame, darkness, despair, grudge, and dark energy, etc... Or all their attacks act like as the portal to borrow its power to release powerful attacks?
    Isn't it basically just every Religious version of "hell"?

This might help:
    https://wikimon.net/Dark_Area

I come from the net
    ...Eh? Already visited that before.

I was talking about how those battle techniques able to connect with the Dark Area. For example, WarGreymon X able to manipulate energy flowing into giant ball of energy of Fire or Water. Most digimons normally breathe with their own elemental flamethrower energy breath only comes from their bodies. Others shoot bullets came from their own weapons or hands. But some of Virus types connected to the Dark Area to attack? Wouldn't you wonder if the Dark Area were "severed" so they will unable to perform their main attacks or what? That's why I posted this.

...Eh? Already visited that before.

I was talking about how those battle techniques able to connect with the Dark Area. For example, WarGreymon X able to manipulate energy flowing into giant ball of energy of Fire or Water. Most digimons normally breathe with their own elemental flamethrower energy breath only comes from their bodies. Others shoot bullets came from their own weapons or hands. But some of Virus types connected to the Dark Area to attack? Wouldn't you wonder if the Dark Area were "severed" so they will unable to perform their main attacks or what? That's why I posted this.
    Considering they are basically all computer programs, maybe they just know the "path" of Dark Area and have access to it when using these techniques. Since the Dark Area is a fundamental part of Digital World, its path may be unchangeable, making it possible to access it with ease? Well, I am not sure if I could express myself here

Wouldn't you wonder if the Dark Area were "severed" so they will unable to perform their main attacks or what? That's why I posted this.
    The dark area seems to be pretty severed already, being a spatial distortion and all that which implies that it's not exactly in the same space as the rest of the Digital World. But considering that even Gomamon can open a portal to summon fish from what is heavily implied to be an alternate dimension, other Digimon's attack creating a similar rift sounds reasonable, regardless of it being the same dimension or not. And I mean if it's decided that the flames of the dark area are a safety hazard and some fire fighters come along and extinguish them... maybe those attacks wouldn't work anymore? I mean who knows. It would depend if they are literally accessing the same flames or if the attacks have directly copied the actual program of the flames and can execute it independently. From a programming standpoint this would be somewhat along the lines of the difference between a variable being a reference to an object versus being an deep copy of the object including all of its properties.

I come from the net
    So many mysteries and many questions. At this rate Digimon slowly becomes Cryptid with no proofs to explain....Just like that.

So many mysteries and many questions. At this rate Digimon slowly becomes Cryptid with no proofs to explain....Just like that.
    You can't seriously expect everything to be explained in complete detail, especially when said details are in the large scheme of things not even that important.
    I mean by that logic basically every franchise is illogical or "cryptid". For example beyond a few arbitrary base rules we don't really know what "magic" actually is in Harry Potter, or what Alchemy is FMA. Some things simply work the way they work without necessarily needing to be explained, and while more complex explanations are in my opinion always preferable (basically the whole genre of "harder" science fiction is all about sticking to actual science or at least keeping fictional elements contained in a logical framework), in general as long as the fiction sticks to what it makes up with relative consistency (which in my opinion is the case in Digimon's individual continuities) it's hard to say that closer explanations are actually truly needed.

Craniummon X's profile from Digimon Linkz is already out: 全身のブラックデジゾイドは、並大抵の攻撃では傷を負わせるどころか攻撃した側にダメージを負わせる。また 最強の魔楯「アヴァロン」を背に仕舞っているのは自分に使う必要がないという自信の表れである 。