With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 303 of 305 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3045

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Digimon Web was subsumed into the b-boys site.
    It's a somewhat puzzling change, but it's not something that has much relevance to most fans or even fansites (since the new sites retains the old directory structure any broken links are easily fixed).
    What was interesting is how it seemed to happen gradually; The Reference Book was moved first, but some other subsites like the general "About Digimon" page (which, come to think of it, I haven't seen fully translated anywhwere yet, curiously) were still on the old domain, but by now it seems everything has moved over.
    Who knows why it happened, maybe it's just some new company policy about where and how to present their franchises, a very tiny optimistic part of me hopes that maybe they vacated the domain because they have plans to put something completely new there and this is their way of archiving the old site or something. But we'll see. It's not much of an issue either way.

What's the name of that electric attack Ballistamon uses in Xros Wars? Neither Wikimon or the Wiki have it listed.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Which episode? If he didn't call it out, it probably doesn't have a name.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

In order to hunt Volcdramon, Xros Wars Episode 68 has Ballistamon electrifying water that Sagomon blasts inside him. Crunchyroll subs translate the attack as “Electric Jolt.” Ballistamon calls out the attack, but there isn’t a box to go with it. https://imgur.com/gallery/sb8yi

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It's Denki Biribiri, something like Shocking Electricity or Electricity Shock. Denki means electricity, while biribiri is onomatopoeia for something like an electric shock (or a ripping sound, which is why the English version of Cyber Sleuth mistranslated Shocking Net as Ripping Net).
    Last edited by TMS; 04-16-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

so is anyone able to help me on those x-antibody profiles?

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    Hackmon's name is a romanisation of 'hakku', which is derived from 'haku' (白), meaning 'white'.
    Well shit, so if we want to capture both the ‘hack’ and the ‘haku’ aspects, we would have to romanise it as ‘Hackumon’. Gosh that’s ugly though. Moreover it really brings to question whether the Appmon one should be romanised the same way, since he’s no longer white and his namesake consists entirely of hacking. Should you even try to capture the etymology that’s no longer relevant?

Saviorhackmon's name is derived from savior/messiah (so at least we know it is intentionally spelled 'savior' and not 'saber')
    Sounds like Saver Hack(u)mon might have been about right, being a sort of portmanteau of Savior and Saber.

Jesmon is Justice + Edge + Swordsman.
    Just kill me now.

Jaeger with a Y is bad enough.

But Holly?

Holly?

They need new interns.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    "holly".

They sure love their typos.

I guess he's no longer holy in the official canon.