With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 283 of 284 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 2832

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

  1. #2821
    I come from the net Garmmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,259
    Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to fit the Xros Wars digimon into the level system as long as you didn't go nuts and try to include every digixros ever made. The simplest solution is to give all the base digimon levels, and then just treat Xros'd digimon as their own thing, like they do with Armors sometimes.

    Might just be me being another "Why doesn't [company] do this? It'd be so easy!" guy, but I think the only actual difficulty keeping them from including Xros, the majority of Armors, and Spirit digimon in video games is their fixation on the Vita, instead of putting in the effort for a full fledged PS4 game with all the room for tons and tons of digimon from all over the franchise.
    iirc the interview did mention the possibility of adding Xros Digimon into a game by adding a separate system just for Xros mons (I mean there are enough Xros mons to make it work), I think the main problem is just that you'd have to add the mechanic, and also see if the mechanic was worth adding to the game based on how much it actually adds to the game compared to how much work it cost to implement it.

    And with each Digimon you need to do their model, rigging, animations etc. Sure a PS4 game might have more space? But it doesn't reduce the time taken to actually add all those Digimon. And from the developer pov you'd want to get more Digimon variety for less effort/work hours, so I see why they're hesitant on adding a separate xros mechanic.

    I think Appmon's main barrier in being added to Digimon games is how they're branded as a completely different species, other than that I think they'd be fairly easy to implement (at least for the main characters' appmon, if we ignore appfusion and just make them evolution). They have low-res models done (and possibly the high-res models made before scaling down), rigging/animations, and their levels map nicely to the Digimon ones.

  2. #2822
    Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    940
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to fit the Xros Wars digimon into the level system as long as you didn't go nuts and try to include every digixros ever made. The simplest solution is to give all the base digimon levels, and then just treat Xros'd digimon as their own thing, like they do with Armors sometimes.

    Might just be me being another "Why doesn't [company] do this? It'd be so easy!" guy, but I think the only actual difficulty keeping them from including Xros, the majority of Armors, and Spirit digimon in video games is their fixation on the Vita, instead of putting in the effort for a full fledged PS4 game with all the room for tons and tons of digimon from all over the franchise.
    iirc the interview did mention the possibility of adding Xros Digimon into a game by adding a separate system just for Xros mons (I mean there are enough Xros mons to make it work), I think the main problem is just that you'd have to add the mechanic, and also see if the mechanic was worth adding to the game based on how much it actually adds to the game compared to how much work it cost to implement it.

    And with each Digimon you need to do their model, rigging, animations etc. Sure a PS4 game might have more space? But it doesn't reduce the time taken to actually add all those Digimon. And from the developer pov you'd want to get more Digimon variety for less effort/work hours, so I see why they're hesitant on adding a separate xros mechanic.

    I think Appmon's main barrier in being added to Digimon games is how they're branded as a completely different species, other than that I think they'd be fairly easy to implement (at least for the main characters' appmon, if we ignore appfusion and just make them evolution). They have low-res models done (and possibly the high-res models made before scaling down), rigging/animations, and their levels map nicely to the Digimon ones.
    I understand the point of the developers. However, I really think Xros Wars has a lot of fans who would even buy a game just in case this potential system is implemented, after all is one of the seasons from the anime and it needs to be in the spotlight somehow. Another good plausible option in my opinion, would be doing the same as with Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars, that is, using the system of Digi-Melodies, Jogress Up and DigiFusion only in the Digimon from this generation. That would be actually easy, and not that laborious.

    On the other hand, does Habu say something about the Spirits System? As far as I'm concerned, it would work the same as in Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, so really intuitive, right?

    Despite everything, I think the most clever move would be to assign predetermined evo lines to this kind of Digimon, in order standardize the system as mush as possible. For instance, Fairymon > Shutumon > JetSilphymon (Jogress Mega between the two) > AncientIrisimon (Regular Mega) is quite more appealing than the system used in Digimon Masters Online.

  3. #2823
    Junior Commander Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    347
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Archfiend Kliff View Post
    Guys, Syakomon was a Perfect-stage at one point. Plus GoldNumemon has been an Ultimate- and, recently, has been downgraded to an Adult-stage. So there is a precent for levels to change in such drastic manner.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to fit the Xros Wars digimon into the level system as long as you didn't go nuts and try to include every digixros ever made. The simplest solution is to give all the base digimon levels, and then just treat Xros'd digimon as their own thing, like they do with Armors sometimes.

    Might just be me being another "Why doesn't [company] do this? It'd be so easy!" guy, but I think the only actual difficulty keeping them from including Xros, the majority of Armors, and Spirit digimon in video games is their fixation on the Vita, instead of putting in the effort for a full fledged PS4 game with all the room for tons and tons of digimon from all over the franchise.
    iirc the interview did mention the possibility of adding Xros Digimon into a game by adding a separate system just for Xros mons (I mean there are enough Xros mons to make it work), I think the main problem is just that you'd have to add the mechanic, and also see if the mechanic was worth adding to the game based on how much it actually adds to the game compared to how much work it cost to implement it.

    And with each Digimon you need to do their model, rigging, animations etc. Sure a PS4 game might have more space? But it doesn't reduce the time taken to actually add all those Digimon. And from the developer pov you'd want to get more Digimon variety for less effort/work hours, so I see why they're hesitant on adding a separate xros mechanic.

    I think Appmon's main barrier in being added to Digimon games is how they're branded as a completely different species, other than that I think they'd be fairly easy to implement (at least for the main characters' appmon, if we ignore appfusion and just make them evolution). They have low-res models done (and possibly the high-res models made before scaling down), rigging/animations, and their levels map nicely to the Digimon ones.
    I understand the point of the developers. However, I really think Xros Wars has a lot of fans who would even buy a game just in case this potential system is implemented, after all is one of the seasons from the anime and it needs to be in the spotlight somehow. Another good plausible option in my opinion, would be doing the same as with Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars, that is, using the system of Digi-Melodies, Jogress Up and DigiFusion only in the Digimon from this generation. That would be actually easy, and not that laborious.
    The problem is that most of those fans were after that era had already ended meaning that it actually wasn't as successful as you're suggesting so there's not as much incentive to include Digimon from it as there is for Adventure or Tamers let alone actual mechanics as Garm rightly noted.

    As much as I would like that personally, I'm of the opinion that the most practical way to implement DigiFusion in a main series game would be to combine it with DNA Digivolution, since many would consider having both in the same game as separate mechanics redundant, and treat Fusions as their own level as Vaiou and I have suggested.
    On the other hand, does Habu say something about the Spirits System? As far as I'm concerned, it would work the same as in Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, so really intuitive, right?

    Despite everything, I think the most clever move would be to assign predetermined evo lines to this kind of Digimon, in order standardize the system as mush as possible. For instance, Fairymon > Shutumon > JetSilphymon (Jogress Mega between the two) > AncientIrisimon (Regular Mega) is quite more appealing than the system used in Digimon Masters Online.
    Hell you don't even the branching paths, just make Advanced Hybrids regular Megas with the Ancients as Ultra level stages.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  4. #2824
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,109
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Hell you don't even the branching paths, just make Advanced Hybrids regular Megas with the Ancients as Ultra level stages.
    Well, the Fused Hybrids are supposed to be stronger than the Ancients. Split lines are fine. They don't even have to have the Human and Beast Spirits fuse. Just assign a Child-level Digimon to each element and go with a standard evolution line like Flamon > Agnimon > Vritramon > Ardhamon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  5. #2825
    Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    940
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    On the other hand, does Habu say something about the Spirits System? As far as I'm concerned, it would work the same as in Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, so really intuitive, right?

    Despite everything, I think the most clever move would be to assign predetermined evo lines to this kind of Digimon, in order standardize the system as mush as possible. For instance, Fairymon > Shutumon > JetSilphymon (Jogress Mega between the two) > AncientIrisimon (Regular Mega) is quite more appealing than the system used in Digimon Masters Online.
    Hell you don't even the branching paths, just make Advanced Hybrids regular Megas with the Ancients as Ultra level stages.
    Not like this, sorry my bad. I mean more like:
    1) Fairymon > Shutumon > JetSilphymon (Jogress Mega between the two) - following the pattern of the Hyper Colosseum card game.
    2) Fairymon > Shutumon > AncientIrisimon (Regular Mega) - in a similar way as in Digimon Frontier: Battle Spirit.

    All that perfectly matched into the classical multi-branched system of both World-Story sagas.

  6. #2826
    Junior Commander
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Hell you don't even the branching paths, just make Advanced Hybrids regular Megas with the Ancients as Ultra level stages.
    Well, the Fused Hybrids are supposed to be stronger than the Ancients.
    Source on this? I don't remember it ever being mentioned and, if anything, they should have the same power of the Ancients

  7. #2827
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Hell you don't even the branching paths, just make Advanced Hybrids regular Megas with the Ancients as Ultra level stages.
    Well, the Fused Hybrids are supposed to be stronger than the Ancients.
    Source on this? I don't remember it ever being mentioned and, if anything, they should have the same power of the Ancients
    All of their profiles say "A Digimon that possesses power over *insert element here* that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities." This isn't totally explicit, but how else is one supposed to interpret "transcended legend" along with inheriting all the might of one of the Ten Warriors + unknown abilities?


  8. #2828
    Ain't got no mojo... Ryou Misaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    『 The World (R:2) 』
    Posts
    25
    Follow Ryou Misaki On Twitter Add Ryou Misaki on Facebook Add Ryou Misaki on Steam Follow Ryou Misaki on DeviantArt Visit Ryou Misaki's Youtube Channel
    Sooo... no one knows why they're not releasing profiles anymore, right?
    My English is Sukamon​, I Nume Nume.

  9. #2829
    Completely digital xrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    29
    Posts
    668
    Follow xrick On Twitter Follow xrick on DeviantArt
    As far as I know...nope...unfortunately...

  10. #2830
    Completely digital The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Age
    22
    Posts
    993
    Who are we missing?
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •