With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 270 of 270 FirstFirst ... 170220260267268269270
Results 2,691 to 2,699 of 2699

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Thank you for translating it correctly as Ophan instead of Ophanim, which is plural and so saying something like "an ophanim" is like saying "a cats".

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildermon View Post
    Just done Rasielmon's profile!

Rasielmon
    An Ophan Digimon who is said to have been given the same rank Ofanimon once had. It possesses the mysterious power to foresee everything going on in the world from the "Kernel" (God's domain). That power has allowed it to gain knowledge relating to all of the events that have taken place in the Digital World, and it's said that it has stored the same amount of knowledge as that of God. Its special move is "Knowledge Stream", wherein it freely combines the five elements with the magic circles on both of its arms and emits an enormous amount of energy. And not even Rasielmon itself knows what happens after it performs its "Sefer Raziel", wherein it expels those it is fighting against by causing every type of miracle to occur.
    So...am I the only one currently thinking that Sefer Raziel is going to be the 'get our clause' for tri and 'magically explain' everything?

Ain't got no mojo... Ryou Misaki's Avatar
    Follow Ryou Misaki On Twitter Add Ryou Misaki on Facebook Add Ryou Misaki on Steam Follow Ryou Misaki on DeviantArt Visit Ryou Misaki's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildermon View Post
    Thank you for the translations!
    My English is Sukamon​, I Nume Nume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    Thank you for translating it correctly as Ophan instead of Ophanim, which is plural and so saying something like "an ophanim" is like saying "a cats".
    On the other hand, it seems kinda weird to use 'oph' in one place and 'of' in another. /pedantry

Ain't got no mojo...
    Regarding the whole unsealing Apocalymon deal: Here's Apocalymon's DVR profile which is the most likely origin for the whole Mille unsealing Apocalymon stuff. The D1 profile just says that Apocalymon was born due to Mille which is not the same thing.

"A Digimon born from the negative thoughts of man fused with the grudges of those Digimon who were unable to evolve before they died. The coming of Apocalymon was written down as a prophecy in ancient times. The various grudges and regrets of Digimon are contained within its huge body, and information about those Digimon, such as their evolutionary lines and all their special and signature attacks, are also crammed into it. But it's the small body that appears on top of the large one that makes up its true form. It seems that Apocalymon was once sealed somewhere in the world, but it's said that Millenniummon has freed it by destroying its restraints." (Wildermon)

@Wildermon: Thank you for your translations! Do you have the original JP text for the above Apocalymon profile?

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Nanomon didn't really unseal him. He was already unsealed, hence the Dark Masters were already at work in the Digital World. Also, how could Diablomon have had anything to do with Apocalymon if he didn't even exist until after Apocalymon was destroyed?
    Regarding Nanomon, I based it on this and this. The relevant text from these two says "Nanomon had a special secret plan. By releasing someone from the other end of the "Wall of Fire" into this world, their presence alone would cause distortions to break out."
    "The Wall of Fire function was down only for an instant but apparently that was more than enough."

As I understand it, Apocalymon in the novel was sealed behind the Wall of Fire and Nanomon turning it off for a brief moment allowed it to escape. It was stated the Dark Masters originated from Apocalymon in the anime, was this the same case in the novel? (i.e was the same stated there?)

And regarding Diablomon, well...from Digimon Medley. Screenshots of the final part of the game (read from bottom to top). This Diablomon is fought after Apocalymon and the Dark Masters much like the anime; it is the final boss.

I guess you could chalk it up to the game being another timeline/non-canon to the anime timeline or this being a totally different Diablomon. Or the writers simply not caring at all.
    Last edited by machspyder; Today at 05:11 PM.

Oh cool, when did Envy do an LP of Digimon Medley? I'd be down for watching that.

I -really- want to know where I can find the original JP text from the Digimon V-Tamer Residence...
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Re: Nanomon, I suppose I just interpret that differently. I think that Apocalymon's power was already at work. All Nanomon did was briefly open up a portal to where he was, enough time for him to kill Nanomon and create the black hole.

I missed fighting Diablomon when I played through Medley, since I fought the Dark Masters in the anime order. I wonder who did that translation of the game. Funny how Diablomon says "Don't interfere," which was one of his lines from the dub movie.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ain't got no mojo...
    @Jay: Yup, it's Envy. I believe it's completed now.

Btw, have you come across the other translation of the D1 profile? This one was done by G-Santos I believe.

ミレニアモンのあくのパワーがうみだしたナゾのデジモン。そのショウタイをしるモノはミレニア モンのみであ る。 "A mysterious Digimon born from Millenniumon's evil power. Only Millenniumon is aware of this."

It's interesting to see how differently the second line can be translated. (your translation for comparison: Milleniumon is the only one who can understand its true essence.)

@TMS: The difference is indeed in just our interpretations. For Digimon Medley, Envy7Sins from Youtube translated it. Here's his channel, he also translated "Digimon Digital Partner".

It could be either, since there's no kanji being used in the profile, only hiragana and katakana, so it's not entirely clear. The line you provided is probably closer, the more I look at it.

It probably translates more clearly to: Milleniumon is the only one aware of the true nature of this (relationship).

I didn't know there were other translations of D-1 Tamers profiles available.
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; Today at 10:35 PM.