With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 234 of 284 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2837

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Completely digital
    The Reference Book has this to say about:

Aegisdramon
    A Cyborg Digimon that was born when Plesiomon fused with the data of a being of the Seadramon-species. Its radiant armor is made from a golden Chrondigizoit alloy, and it is said to expel every single evilness. As a member of the Crack Team, it is mainly in charge of enemy information analysis and reconnaissance. The information it analyzes is sent to the Crack Team that quickly gather in its surroundings, and because it predominantly advances the war situation, it is called the brains of the Crack Team. In addition, even its independent actions in extermination warfare hide the same grade of thermal power as a single battalion. Its special moves are "Power Water", wherein it fires the huge pumps on both of its arms, "Blaze Power", wherein it shoots down those enemies it has locked-on to with the missiles fired from its deck, and "Tera Hydro Breath", wherein it crushes the opponent with a current it spits out from its mouth. In addition, it also possesses "Shine Breaker", wherein it charges towards the enemy at maximum power whilst firing a volley of a large quantity of missiles as cover.

BanchoMamemon
    One of the Digimon that have acquired the title of "Bancho", it fights strongly in spite of its small stature, and has a personality that sports a chivalrous spirit and deeply overflowing emotions. As it tries to rebel against the rules of the Digital World, it lives an independent life. It similarly extends a hand to those Digimon who feel ill at ease with and isolated from the world, and from living together they have formed a group called the "Mame-mon Rengō". However, continuing to betray the rules of the world isn't an easy task for them, and although BanchoMamemon has had to fight those Digimon who aim to usurp it as leader under the pretense of a rebirth of the group several times over, the collective power of the Mame-mon Rengō have made those usurpers withdraw. It is thought that it acquired the title of "Bancho" from being able to avoid enemies without losing its own family as well in all kinds of predicaments. As with BanchoLeomon, it wears a "GAKU-RAN" that negates the impact of physical attacks, and this defensive effect is often used to protect its companions. Its special moves are "Mamoru-ō Ryūden Ra Mamoru", wherein it uses its favourite clubs "Kogane Batsuto", which it has grown accustomed to, to dish out groups of Calluses at the enemy so they can strike at the same time, and "Senbon Bakusai", wherein it hammers out its brotherly Black Hickeys from the Kogane Batsuto. And it also has a technique called "Tokkō Kan-dan", wherein it extends the prison chains sported on its entire body as it charges towards the enemy.
    Last edited by Wildermon; 02-17-2017 at 04:06 AM.

I don't remember if we had this bit of lore on the Crack Team already, but it's always nice to see them getting brought up.

Yeah, I think this is the first time we've ever heard of it being a part of the Crack Team as I don't think any of its official appearances like the Story games and Crusaders have mentioned it. It's kind of funny too if that's the case as it seems to play an important part of that group if it's the 'brains' of them based on its profile, yet its presence among them in lore has alluded us for over half a decade.

Now I'm honestly more curious about the group and if there's any other secret members we're missing, I hope they keep expanding more on them.

Aegisdramon's profile is kind of weird...
    Not only was there never a connection between Aegisdramon and the Crack Team before, it's also a very atypical crack team member in general. If we look at the other members like GigaSeadramon, Gundramon and Chaosdramon we see that most crack team members, apart from being robots and cyborgs are also... quite evil (or at least never explicitly on the side of good).
    However Aegisdramon's previous profile painted him as a kind of holy species, as the collectors profile described it's Shine breaker attack like this "That explosion releases a glistening, golden flash, causing you to feel its terrifying power while also sensing its divinity at the same time."
    In the current profile that part seems to have been altered to only describe destructive impact, diminishing the "divine" theme. They did retain the part about purifying evil however which might be a reason to rethink the crack team's alignment in general... It's not like we really know much about them other than that they got a lot of military firepower.
    So I wonder why they are editing things now. Maybe there will be some product where the crack team will finally make a proper appearance in a story....
    Last edited by Theigno; 02-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.

I come from the net
    Yeah pretty shocked Aegisdramon is actually connected to Crack Team...

Hickeys? As Banchou's lackeys, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Aegisdramon's profile is kind of weird...
    They did retain the part about purifying evil however which might be a reason to rethink the crack team's alignment in general... It's not like we really know much about them other than that they got a lot of military firepower.
    So I wonder why they are editing things now. Maybe there will be some product where the crack team will finally make a proper appearance in a story....
    Yeah outside of them being militaristic, do we actually know anything else about them? For all we know, they could be a pretty neutral faction in the Digital World. Or, they could be some kind of mercenary group. I'd love a series or game featuring them and building upon their lore. With the Olympos XII, the Royal Knights, and the Banchos getting completed (and the Legend-Arms) popping into existence, maybe the Crack Team is the next group that will get some love.

What?! BanchoMamemon gets one now?! I thought it would get one in a few more years... odd that a Betamon recolour got in the RB before Agumon or Aegisdramon.

783 Digimon in the book thus far. At this rate there will be over 800 in 9 weeks.

Follow xrick On Twitter Follow xrick on DeviantArt
    Take a look at the Digimon that will appear in the V-Pet 20th, check which of them don't have a RB profile yet and you may know how many you may get in the coming weeks.
    Also, are you, from now on, gonna keep track of every new Digimon that gets added to RB?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    A few notes on BanchoMamemon's profile. The Mame Mon Rengou (豆門連合) means Bean Gate Alliance. BanchoMamemon's weapon is called Kogane Batto, not batsuto. Batto, of course, is a pun on the English word bat, as in baseball bat, making the weapons Golden Bats, though I'm not sure what the kanji means for Batto (罰斗). The first character means penalty, but the second is more vague. Would someone who can read Japanese be able to give us a translation for the 護王流伝羅守 attack, which the furigana sometimes accompanying it calls Golden Rush? Senbon Bakusai/Dokkan translates to Thousand Blasting or Thousand Booms, and involves those Black Hikkis (hikki being a derogatory slang word derived from hikikomori, recluses that hide from the world) that we see floating around BanchoMamemon. That attack with the chains is called Bukkomi Otokodama, basically meaning the strike of a chivalrous person who protects the weak.

About Aegisdramon, interesting to see that it's gained a few signature attacks (though actually those attacks were previously depicted in Digimon All-Star Rumble). Power Water and Blaze Power were originally generic attacks from the Digimon Story games that Aegisdramon shared with other Digimon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by xrick View Post
    Take a look at the Digimon that will appear in the V-Pet 20th, check which of them don't have a RB profile yet and you may know how many you may get in the coming weeks.
    Also, are you, from now on, gonna keep track of every new Digimon that gets added to RB?
    I don't see why not? I like to keep track of how many are listed.

OK, so according to Wikimon, these Digimon in 20th V-Pet don't have a profile yet:
    Greymon
    Whamon
    Titamon

Does that mean we should expect 3 next week?

Hmm... Wikimon also lists BanchoMamemon as the 774th Digimon, even though it's actually the 782nd Digimon. They're missing 8 Digimon somehow.