With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 187 of 369 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187188189190197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3681

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Completely digital
    Darn, Inpu beat me! However, I can provide some extra details about this week's profile:

It was taken from the "Digimon World Re-Digitize Decode" profile, and it leaves out the reason why Magnamon can't perform "Extreme Jihad" anymore:

"In addition, the solitary attack possessed by the Ultimate-leveled Magnamon, wherein he releases and emits the power of the Digimental to the maximum in the form of an energy wave from his entire body, was made forbidden to use not only due to its size and power, but also from the discovery that the ratio of damaged data quickened at an increasing tempo whenever he used it, so it has now been sealed away."
    Last edited by Wildermon; 08-06-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    So it's Magnamon's Dragon Impulse? I figured that Extreme Jihad and Ground Zero were just casualties of a belated attempt at political correctness (and God those replacement names are stupid).
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Oh, that's a really creative excuse for some censorship, xD

Since Magnamon X also uses the SGSS in Decode, that means he cannot use Extreme Jihad also? Or that is only a problem for non-X Magnamon?

Completely digital
    I once asked Watanabe about that Magnamon thing on twitter. He replied me with the discussion like this:
    M= me
    W= watanabe

M: "こんにちは渡辺さん、私はちょっと質問をしたいです。昨日私はデジモン図鑑を見た時、このデジモン図鑑が 更新した。どうしてマグナモンの攻撃が少し変わった?「エクストリームジハード」が「SGSS」に交換した 。 "

w: "いろいろと事情があって使えなくなりました。"

M: "もしかして、「エクストリームジハード」がもう使わない。。。ですか?それとも、「SGSS」はただ「エ クストリームジハード」の名前交換。。。でしょうか?あなたを面倒したら申し訳ありません。"

W: "技としては同じです。呼称を変えました。"

M: "そうか。つまり、それはただ名前の交換でしょうか?まあ、実際に「エクストリームジハード」はとってもか っこい必殺技名。私は「なぜそれは変更された」と思います。もしかして、「ジハード」の事か? "

W: "ご想像におまかせいたします(^^;;"

M: "まあいいか。。。(@_@)とにかく、失明をすることがありがとうございます。"

If I translate it will be like this (CMIIW)

M: Hello Mr. Watanabe, I have a little question for you. Yesterday when I saw the Digimon Reference Book, this Digimon profile had been updated. Why was Magnamon's attack changed a bit? Extreme Jihad was replaced by SGSS.

W: Several things happened, can't be used anymore.

M: Maybe, Extreme Jihad can't be used anymore...? Or, SGSS was just merely a name replacement for Extreme Jihad...? If I disturb you, please forgive me.

W: The waza is more or less the same. Just changed the term.

M: I see, so it's just name replacement? Well, actually Extreme Jihad is a very cool Hissatsu Waza name. I wonder why it was changed. Maybe it's bcos the "Jihad" thing?

W: I leave it to your imagination (^^;;

M: Well then. Anw thank you for the explanation.

Things that wonder me:
    1. He said that several things happened so can't be used anymore. Maybe this was related to the profile written in Decode?
    2. He said the waza is more or less the same, just the term changing. Maybe it's just pure censorship of the waza name bcos it's somehow explicit?

Seriously, maybe I can't ask him for more detailed explanation since seems he can't. I haven't even asked him about the Decode Magnamon's profile connection due to the name changing, whether it prevails or not. Also I haven't asked him about Skullgreymon too, whether get the same treatment or not about its Ground Zero. But I'm kinda afraid to ask him more since maybe he's actually kinda disturbed.

Hope you can analyze this dialogue deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    So it's Magnamon's Dragon Impulse? I figured that Extreme Jihad and Ground Zero were just casualties of a belated attempt at political correctness (and God those replacement names are stupid).
    TFW AeroVdra used Dragon Impulse both in Decode and CySlu
    Last edited by TMS; 08-08-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    What I meant was that they're both forbidden techniques that shorten the user's lifespan.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    What I meant was that they're both forbidden techniques that shorten the user's lifespan.
    I think that Extreme Jihad is more like a suicide attack than shorten lifespan. Hence the name "Jihad"

Wildermon's translation suggests that it's more of a deteriorative process.
    MY PROJECTS

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Muslim here. Jihad means "struggle for what we want to achieve". It doesn't necessarily means suicide, and doesn't even necessarily implemented via wars. Sadly, many muslims misinterpret that.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Just for reference, the complete Decode profile (which has some variations in wording from the DRB):
    An Armor-level Holy Knight Digimon that evolved through the power of the "Digimental of Miracles". The "Digimental of Miracles" possesses the attribute of "Metal", and is made of the super-metal "Chrome Digizoid". It possesses magnificent defensive ability, its offensive power is equivalent to that of an Ultimate Digimon, or even greater, and it is a member of the "Royal Knights". Those who acquire the power of the "Digimental of Miracles", no matter what kind of predicament they have fallen into, are able to overcome it through that miraculous power, and as such it's definitely appropriate to call it a Miracle Item. Its Special Moves are firing a shot of ball-shaped plasma (Plasma Shoot), and emitting the utmost power of the Digimental in the form of an energy wave from its entire body (Extreme Jihad). It can restfully compress space, then immediately and explosively expand it, sweeping away surrounding enemies with a golden laser beam (Shining Gold Solar Storm). Also, it emitting the utmost power of the Digimental in the form of an energy wave from its entire body is an ultimate forbidden technique unique to Magnamon, but because it was proven that, due to the size of its power, it rapidly accelerates the damage to its personal data, it is currently sealed.
    Because of stuff like "restfully compress", I am looking for confirmation that the wikimon transcription was accurate, but there you go. At least when they introduced the attach, the intent was that it be a replacement technique which filled the same role, despite being a separate actual technique. Presumably they axed it out of the DRB entirely because, what's the point of censorship if you don't actually censor?

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Just for reference, the complete Decode profile (which has some variations in wording from the DRB):
    An Armor-level Holy Knight Digimon that evolved through the power of the "Digimental of Miracles". The "Digimental of Miracles" possesses the attribute of "Metal", and is made of the super-metal "Chrome Digizoid". It possesses magnificent defensive ability, its offensive power is equivalent to that of an Ultimate Digimon, or even greater, and it is a member of the "Royal Knights". Those who acquire the power of the "Digimental of Miracles", no matter what kind of predicament they have fallen into, are able to overcome it through that miraculous power, and as such it's definitely appropriate to call it a Miracle Item. Its Special Moves are firing a shot of ball-shaped plasma (Plasma Shoot), and emitting the utmost power of the Digimental in the form of an energy wave from its entire body (Extreme Jihad). It can restfully compress space, then immediately and explosively expand it, sweeping away surrounding enemies with a golden laser beam (Shining Gold Solar Storm). Also, it emitting the utmost power of the Digimental in the form of an energy wave from its entire body is an ultimate forbidden technique unique to Magnamon, but because it was proven that, due to the size of its power, it rapidly accelerates the damage to its personal data, it is currently sealed.
    Because of stuff like "restfully compress", I am looking for confirmation that the wikimon transcription was accurate, but there you go. At least when they introduced the attach, the intent was that it be a replacement technique which filled the same role, despite being a separate actual technique. Presumably they axed it out of the DRB entirely because, what's the point of censorship if you don't actually censor?
    As what I said with my dialogue with Watanabe himself, it seems that it's really just name changing. He said that the waza is still same. And this might happen to Skullgreymon's Ground Zero later then on DRB. It's maybe just a creative way of doing censorship rather than changing the name for nothing. Bcoz yeah Extreme Jihad and Ground Zero refers to somewhat military and political controversial stuffs, and maybe nowadays the franchise tend to remove those things for the sake of safety or anything else.

I'm afraid the next one will be Megadramon and Gigadramon