With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 284 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

In order to make things better all around there will now be 1 thread for all the pics and translations. There are to be no back translations only new ones starting as of this weeks which i've copied across from the old threads. I do not want to see this as a who is better.

The archive of translations and pics can be found here

Our first Digimon had its Virus Form debut in 02, but did not debut in this form until Tamers. It is also one of the Deva. Here is the big rabbit known as Andiramon!
    Digimon Net Version

Our second Digimon is another of the 7 Great Demon Lords. He was a major player in NEXT and is also a greedy old man. Here is Barbamon!
    Digimon Net Version

Antylamon [The Deva]
    This Ultimate-levelled Digimon that resembles a rabbit in appearance is one of the "Deva Digimon". A subordinate of the Four Holy Beasts member Azulongmon, he sports the mind of a victor. Although he is deeply genial, with a likening for the frail, if someone appears and attempts to trample them down, his nature will completely change, fighting off the attacker by transforming his hands into a pair of sharp "Bao Fu" axes and swinging them around. He doesn't stop slashing and spinning around sharply until the enemy's body is deleted. His special attack is "Asipatravana", which spins around on the spot like a tornado and cuts everything around him with the "Bao Fu" axes on his hands.

Barbamon
    A Demon Lord type Digimon that took on the form of an elderly person with a long beard, he is one of the "Seven Great Demon Lords". He exists in the central area of the Dark Area, the 'Demon's Den', and he is able to carry out evil through manipulating Fallen Angel Digimon. He constantly sets his eyes on all the riches that exist in the network, and his savage temper for worldly desires often leads to him killing Digimon for their riches, regardless of his own lack of common sense. He is the most strategic and cunning member of the Seven Great Demon Lords, and aside from Fallen Angel Digimon, he can even manipulate the Mega-levelled Deathmon. His special attacks are "Death Lure", which sends other Digimon to an unescapable Hell and converts them to evil, and "Pandemonium Lost", which unleashes all of the Dark Area's evil energies at once to create a super-hot blast that reduces everything to ash. The amount of energy produced from this attack is so great, that VenomMyotismon's own "Pandemonium Flame" attack produces only a small part of the same energy.

Re: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Okay then, I'm going to provide the translation notes like I was planning on doing on my thread.

Andiramon
    Perfect
    Holy Beast
    Data
    *Asipatravana
    One of the Deva, it is a Perfect Digimon with a form resembling the "Rabbit". As a follower of the Four Holy Beasts Digimon Qinglongmon, it is the owner of a gentle spirit. It likes small things, and because it attends to them with profound tenderness, if anything appears that tries to tread on them, then its personality is completely reversed, and it attacks with the Bao Fu, which are its arms transformed into razor-sharp axes. Once it loses its temper and spins it doesn't calm down until the opponent's figure is no more. Its Special Move is spinning on its own axis like a tornado, cutting anything surrounding it with the Bao Fu on both hands (Asipatravana).
    *Note: The "Rabbit" is the Zodiac sign.
    *The description of Andiramon's behavior is what is showcased when it meets Shaochung, and defends her without even knowing why.
    *Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who wantonly cuts down trees goes to the Asipatravana hell (the leaves of whose trees are swords)."
    *I can't get Bao Fu to display correctly, but you can view how it should be written at http://wikimon.net/Andiramon_(Data)

Barbamon
    Ultimate
    Demon Lord
    Virus
    *Death Lure
    *Pandæmonium Lost
    One of the "Seven Great Demon Lords", it is a Demon Lord Digimon which has the appearance of a long-bearded old man. Residing within the central part of the Dark Area, the den of demons, it manipulates Fallen Angel Digimon to carry out evil to its limit. It is obsessed with the all of the treasure which exists within the Network, so out of avarice, and regardless of the means, it has a cruel personality with a greed that would kill Digimon just for a piece of treasure. It is the foremost and most cunning schemer of the Seven Great Demon Lords, and can easily manipulate the Ultimate Deathmon in addition to Fallen Angel Digimon. Its Special Moves are using its demonic staff "Death Lure" to tempt Digimon into an inescapable living hell, converting them to wickedness, and unleashing all of the Dark Area's evil energies at once as an extremely high-temperature explosion that burns up everything without a trace (Pandæmonium Lost). Furthermore, even Belial Vamdemon's Special Move "Pandæmonium Flame" only releases a small fraction of these energies.
    *"the den of demons" refers to the devil's capital of hell, Pandaemonium.
    *"It would kill Digimon just for a piece of treasure" is an allusion to greedy men, similar to the mindset behind "No Blood for Oil!"
    *"Pandaemonium Lost" is a reference to the novel "Paradise Lost" by Milton, which created a good portion of the mythology behind hell, such as the city of Pandaemonium.

How interesting, a thread to have it all… Interesting notes, Kryten, especially since I just read some of Paradise Lost for English 2301.

I come from the net

My first post in the new thread!

Our first Digimon today might be small, but it has a chainsaw and throws bombs, so it can deal with things. Here is Giromon!
    Digimon Net Version

Our second Digimon made his TV Debut in Digimon Tamers, but never got an Evo Sequence. The very same specimen ( according to some official sources, while others claim it to be different ) is also one of the possible Ultimates of the Main Partner Digimon in Brave Tamer. He is also a Kamen Riders Homage! Here is Justimon!
    Digimon Net Version

Completely digital

Today's readable profiles for the Western Digimon fan set are as follows:

Giromon
    A Digimon that patrols the computer network whilst floating lightly in the air. He is nicknamed the "Net Keeper" since he blocks Digimon that attempt to illegally access the network. A frightening Digimon that judges his enemies before attacking and blocking them, if he gets caught up in a predicament, he can destroy himself voluntarily, and it's said that everyone around him will also be deleted. His special attack is "Deadly Bomb", a hand-thrown super-strong bomb.

Justimon*
    A heroic Digimon of justice that wears a long, red, billowing cape. This cool hero of proud conduct never overlooks other evil Digimon, stopping their inequitable evildoing in the name of justice, and many small Digimon yearn to follow him. He appears, swings his iron hammer of justice, and disappears like a gust of wind. Moreover, he likes to pose near the edges of cliffs, looking towards the evening sun. He is able to change his powerful "Critical Arm" into either the electrifying "Blitz Arm" or the sliceable "Accel Arm" by replacing the three-pronged arm with another into his "Extendo Transmitter" equipped around the back of his right shoulder. It's said that his "Justice Kick" attack can cause destructive power of up to 45t, and his special attack of "Trinity Arm" enables him to use all three arms at once.
    *The image shows him with his "Accel Arm".

It would be interesting to see a pic of Justimon using "Trinity arm" by that description…

Sorry this took so long, you don't want to know.

Justimon
    Ultimate
    Cyborg
    Vaccine
    A Hero-of-Justice type Digimon wearing a flapping red muffler. Its sense of justice burns hot, and as it is a Digimon that never overlooks unjust acts or evil deeds, it is an existence which Child Digimon aspire to. It comes along like the wind, swings down its hammer of Justice, and leaves like the wind. Also, it seems to like taking a decisive pose atop a cliff while facing the setting sun. By switching out the three plugs on its right shoulder, which are equipped to the "Extend Transmitter" on its back, it can make its arm transform into the power-type "Accel Arm", the lightning-type "Blitz Arm", or the cutter-type "Critical Arm". Its Signature Move is transforming its arm into the three types (Trinity Arm), and the destructive force of its Special Move "Justice Kick" is said to reach 45t.
    (*This image is of the "Accel Arm&quot
    *"t" refers to "tonnes", as an English unit of force.
    *I did not know this: The orbs fired during Blitz Arm/Justice Burst are actually lightning.
    *Blitz Arm, Accel Arm, and Critical Arm are just forms of its arm, and "Trinity Arm" is the actual technique which changes the form.

*Translation note: I'm not entirely sure if the Extend Transmitter is on its back, or the shoulders. Does anyone remember if Justimon had some sort of machine on its back? Also, if anyone is familiar with Kamen Rider, is it the kind of show that would use "Extendo Transmitter" or "Extend Transmitter"?

Giromon
    Perfect
    Mine
    Vaccine
    A Digimon patrolling within the Computer Network while floating lightly in the air. Designated with the alias "Net Keeper", it repels Digimon who try to illegally enter the network. It is surely a frightening Digimon, as when it judges the intruder to be an opponent, it will repel them with all the attacks it is able to muster, and it is said that if it is driven into a predicament, it will completely annihilate the intruder by blowing itself up. Its Special Move is a super-powerful hand grenade (Deadly Bomb).
    *Translation Note: Grammatically, that thing is a "hand bomb", but "hand grenade" is essentially the same thing.
    *Also, Giromon's name is derived from "Girogiro" (Staring, keen-eyed), not "Guillotine".

I'll relay that translation to the DMA thread.

By the way, technically both are possible. From Japanese, "Giro" and "Gilo" (pronunciation of 'guillo' of guillotine) look identical. Since that's the original language of Digimon, a misspelling of "guillotine" would work as well, since "keen-eyed" would seem to be an accurate description as well.

Hmm… the keen-eyed guillotine monster…

[quote author=Lhikan634 link=topic=13377.msg170843#msg170843 date=1259615360]
    I'll relay that translation to the DMA thread.

By the way, technically both are possible. From Japanese, "Giro" and "Gilo" (pronunciation of 'guillo' of guillotine) look identical. Since that's the original language of Digimon, a misspelling of "guillotine" would work as well, since "keen-eyed" would seem to be an accurate description as well.

Hmm… the keen-eyed guillotine monster…
    [/quote]

The only problem with that is not only that its Japanese name is Giromon, not Guillomon or even Gilomon, and that "guillotine" isn't pronounced that way (????, not ????). I mean, let's be honest here, the only reason "guillotine" was chosen was because it showed up in people's dictionaries, and they couldn't find anything else - Giromon has nothing about him that relates to guillotines, besides the very tangential point that long after his design he appeared in an episode set in France. His role, however, is to be a watchman, and "keen-eyed" fits exceedingly well with that.

DVR backs this etymology up, as well: http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~tikitaro...data/0041.html

I mean, if it was just one of these, "Guillotine" would still be reasonable, but all together, they point to it having come out of nowhere.

---------

MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
    Ultimate
    Beast Knight
    Data
    *Full Moon Meteor Impact
    *Final Mirage Burst
    *Luna Hook Slasher
    A MirageGaogamon that has temporarily reached the limits of its abilities through Burst Evolution, it is a unique form which wears a weapon and an aura of planetary-class high-energy. Its Special Moves are striking the the opponent with a sphere of light containing planetary-class energy (Full Moon Meteor Impact), and putting its body and soul into releasing the energy hidden within its weapon (Final Mirage Burst). Also, it can slash and tear at the opponent with its crescent moon-shaped energy halberd (Luna Hook Slasher).
    Indaramon
    Perfect
    Holy Beast
    Virus
    *Adhomukha
    One of the Deva, it is a Perfect Digimon with a form resembling the "Horse". As a follower of the Four Holy Beasts Digimon Zhuqiaomon, it has an intolerably arrogant personality. When it opens its mouth only bragging comes out, and it is constantly fussing over the glossiness of its mane and tail. It indulges in its talents, and ridicules those who work hard. Among the Deva, it is on especially bad terms with Vajramon. Though it fusses over its appearance, in battle it is comparatively unrefined; using the Bao Bei tied to its arms, it beats the opponent down by wielding it like a cudgel. Its Special Move is blowing the Bao Bei using its tremendous lung capacity, causing ultrasonic waves (Adhomukha).
    *Note: The "Horse" is the Zodiac sign.
    *He is basically My Little Pony.
    Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who takes unlawful gifts goes to the Adhomukha (or head-inverted) hell; as does one who offers sacrifices to improper objects, and an observer of the stars (for the prediction of events)."
    *I can't get Bao Bei to display correctly, but you can view how it should be written at http://wikimon.net/Indaramon

I come from the net

Update time! ( Would be earlier, but I got some serious connection problems )

Our first Digimon made its debut in Tamers, where he beat up Impmon. He's not "My little Pony", but rather "My giant Horse Deva". Here is Indaramon!
    Digimon Net Version

Our second Digimon is the fourth in a series of Burst Mode Digimon, even if he was the second to debut in the series. One of two Beast DNA Burst Modes and further evidence that Toei and Bandai clearly like their dogs blue and horny. Here is MirageGaogamon: Burst Mode!
    Digimon Net Version

Page 1 of 284 12341151101 ... LastLast