With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lhikan634: Life and Mental Vacations

Lhikan634: Life and Mental Vacations

During this coming week, I won't be on the WtW forums for a number of reasons. I've been feeling totally overworked at school. Got the equivalent of 4 college classes with a 7-period high school schedule, which is just brutal when I have a research paper due in English 2301 as well as 2 smaller essays and reading parts of Paradise Lost (that thing is long…), an AP calculus test over an 8-section chapter, a 2-chapter test the next week in AP bio, and a research paper coming up in Bible Apologetics as well. And this isn't including my 2 "regular" classes and the test in Economics I have next Tuesday. I've been really tired in class some days and was barely able to focus on English on Thursday. I'm trying to ease off on some things this week so I can enjoy Thanksgiving break and not just be dead-tired.

I also have a lot of things on my mind. Politics, junk going on in my youth group that shouldn't be happening, and non-academic stuff at school. I think I really need a mental and physical break. I also want to completely regain my sanity and the like.

See you afterwards.
    Last edited by Lhikan634; 03-02-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Re: Lhikan634, Life, and Mental Vacations…

So, I'll again be out of touch from here for a while as I start my third semester of college (I'm not even bothering to mention classification since there's several answers to that… :). And I so need a mental break from everything now… ¬.¬

After finally being able to move about 600+ MB off of my laptop machine onto CD, which has taken me a couple weeks of time just sorting the dang things, I decided to make labels for them. My dad read some stupid article so now he's completely paranoid about using Sharpie on a CD (which is perfectly fine…). The labels would be made from a template which he designed. And yet the stupid thing has been unable to print out even half decently, always off-centered or some funky sizing…

As I write this, it's 3:20 AM… not exactly a time foreign to me, but still later than I need to be awake…

I've basically been unable to do much for relaxation during the week since I have a time crunch on all this: I leave back for college tomorrow at noon. Well, technically today :

The printer and computer would be getting the death-glare from me if I had the energy left. Strangely enough, there's a hammer just outside my room now…

I may actually begin to use my thread again, for psychiatric help lol! >
    @.@

Oh, wow, it's been a long time.

My past few years have been really hectic as there was a lot of drama within my department at college. I've also had a lot to deal with in some of my other online circles, where I've recently become the head of my team (which has been a fair majority of my spare time the past few years as we've been making transitions). I also have since been graduated.

That being said, I do apologize to those who were following my Digimon: Time Collapse installations as I honestly haven't had the time to do any writing lately.

I'm honestly not sure how active I'll become, but it's good to still see some familiar faces around here : )

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I was wondering if you'd ever show up again. Welcome back!
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Rexanimon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Oh, wow, it's been a long time.

That being said, I do apologize to those who were following my Digimon: Time Collapse installations as I honestly haven't had the time to do any writing lately.
    As one of the fans of the fanfic, I'm glad to see you're back!

Fusion Spirit Evolution! RELDHAMON!

So I've finally been working with grad school. In my semester off between undergrad and grad, I've gained more evidence towards something I've suspected for about a decade but hoped wasn't the case: depression.

I've been diagnosed for over a decade with the related issue of anxiety disorder. But I've also noticed that episodes have been getting stronger and more characteristic of depression. Probably the worst I've had was during my semester off. Due to not having sufficient funds of my own, I had to go back to my parents temporarily.

I had very close to a whole semester with barely any time between episodes. They got bad enough that I was close to giving up on starting grad school since a major trigger was having to deal with parents on that. Long story short, my parents were making it impossible for me to make any progress to get things in line and done in the required order (and anything needing physical moving was blocked in by hoarded, unused items). All the while, the episodes were knocking my sleep cycle off like a 10.0-magnitude earthquake.

So that's made this semester interesting since my sleep cycle still hasn't recovered completely. At least I do have decent space now and can actually do some working out from my apartment room. The annoying thing is that I don't seem to completely bounce back from depressional episodes until well after the fact. Being away at grad school, I'm away from my primary doctor who has all of my files and probably tons of other mental notes.

In other news, I finally changed up my Sig from the past one with my LCD's for the DMA. I've got several admin projects running at the sites I admin at, so I've been quite busy between that and classes. When I get through my major project, I'm considering starting back with Time Collapse.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Good luck with your depression. I know it's no fun, but hopefully you'll continue to improve.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Thanks, I'm just glad I'm out of that episode. Heightened stress + no space + no outlet + little alone time definitely all factors that have been eliminated or altered with moving back out for grad school. Major episodes have been getting further apart but also longer (thus stronger).

Probably one of the hardest things is that, during the fact, it's really hard to get thoughts together to get up some sort of "this is how I feel this is what causes me to feel experience says that if this is done, I won't feel" dialogue. Well, unless "I feel BLAAARGHSDHFJKAKLLKJSDKLF" is considered

I guess the second most difficult thing is dealing with it as a Christian. There really aren't many Christians that understand the emotional effects, both immediate and long-term (especially considering that some practically consider it a sin not to be happy-giddy 24/7). I took my undergrad in a smaller town, and I'm positive that half of the native Christians there would have sworn that depression is some type of "demonic possession" instead of a mental issue. If I didn't mention it, this was a small town in the Southern US​.

I've previously opened up with a few people I've known for a number of years. I've been more open recently - I think a portion of that has been with increased knowledge about what's going on within my brain (can't say my bio courses have been useless, haha).

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    All of us have bad times, so do not worry because everything tends to change for the better As a digifellow I wish you a good recovery and that you can come back here soon!

So, the general ruling is that I probably will not be able to continue Time Collapse during the school years as I end up having a lot more time-consuming lab experiments. I may try to get some work done on it during the summer.

Luckily, I've been able to keep coursework and all balanced. But let me tell you, the effects of those episodes can still be felt nearly a semester later even if they're no longer on the forefront.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast