6th Anniversary for tri. & 23rd for V-Tamer!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's November 21st in Japan, so anniversary time again! (Various text bits below have been partially used before.)

tri_english_poster.jpg

It's been 6 years since Digimon Adventure tri. began! Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion was released on November 21st, 2015 with a limited theatrical run in Japan, early Blu-rays the same day in Japan, and digital releases in various countries around the world.

tri. (and it's leadup) began the big wave of Digimon stuff that's been going for a few years now. We got 6 extended episodes/films in under 3 years, all of which got theatrical runs in Japan, most of which got runs in the US, and we even got them day and date with Japan subtitled in English.

That lead to just a ton of stuff, including Kizuna last year, Adventure: which recently ended, Ghost Game which has just begun, and more.

tri. can still be purchased on home video (Affiliate link.)

tri_collection_cover2_october12_2018.jpg

Digimon Adventure tri. Collection on Blu-ray

And it's also the 23rd Anniversary of V-Tamer!

vtamer_cover1_november21_2020.jpg

Due to production leadups and marketing, V-Tamer was the first long form media that began being released for the franchise!

It's captured the imaginations of fans since it began, and the last few years has had more excitement for V-Tamer than you'd expect. ULForceV-dramon got a figure that while officially branded as Savers, had a number of V-Tamer related touches, and the manga even got a single special chapter crossover with Adventure: last year.

With a run of almost 5 years it's also the longest running piece of ongoing Digimon media that didn't have an extended break.

Fans still get excited when small references to V-Tamer show up elsewhere, and with things having shown up recently, one wonders if more V-Tamer bits might continue to show up (as they seem to always show up with winks and nods, such as in the card game.)

And of course, Hiroshi Izawa and Tenya Yabuno (writer and artist of the manga) continue to show up, writing social media posts about the franchise, Tenya Yabuno doing new art on social media, plus their involvement in the development of Ghost Game, with Yabuno working on the new manga Digimon Dreamers on top of it.

Update- Some celebratory art from Tenya Yabuno!

vtamer23rd_november21_2021.jpg

He posted new art of Taichi & Zeromaru to celebrate! The attached message:
It's been 23 years since Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01! Thanks for all the congratulatory tweets!
01→23 Many thanks✨!

The complete ebook version with color pages intact is on sale.

Just some especially fun anniversaries for big things in the franchise.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 8,109
Last edited:

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, six whole years. Time really flies.

I still love Tri. I was just getting back on the Digimon train when they announced it; I had completed a watch through of Adventure and 02 the summer before and was exploring some merch when it all exploded, so it came at the perfect time. Just seeing all these characters grown up and struggling with these things I had gone through (and was still going through, to some extent!) was a balm.

I think I started V-Tamer last year after the 22nd anniversary! I don't want to say it was "surprisingly" good, but despite all the community love I wasn't expecting to like it as much, but I did. I should go read the Adventure: crossover chapter, haven't done that yet.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with new art by Tenya Yabuno.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey. V-Tamer. Cool. You know Alforce is pretty cool and pretty useful in ReArise. Getting to move before most enemies. I wonder if they'd add Future Mode. But this is really cool. Tri isn't bad. At least it "finished" Adventure. And I like Meiko. As people may know.