With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Hellsing

Red shirt

Hellsing

Any Hellsing fans here? It's by far one of my favorite animes of all time! The story, characters, scenes are all compelling and fantastic. I'm very big on vampire related things like movies, shows, books etc. Not to mention it's gory as hell and Alucard is one mean mofo! ;D

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt

Re: Hellsing

I love Hellsing, and can't wait for the day the new manga parts are going to be animated. (may or may not happened, I haven't been following) It's one of the few anime I can watch subbed AND dubbed. Alucard as portrayed here isn't my favorite version of the namesake, but he does command much respect. Interestingly, it was people randomly IMing me on AIM asking if my screen name (Alucard13Dracula) was based off of Hellsing that got me into it. I had made it based on my Castlevania obsession. I've got the manga as well, but I'd like to get rid of them after having read them. I like them, but I'm not obsessed enough with the series to hold onto them.

Red shirt

[quote author=Icedevimon13 link=topic=9216.msg110992#msg110992 date=1215084160]
    I love Hellsing, and can't wait for the day the new manga parts are going to be animated. (may or may not happened, I haven't been following) It's one of the few anime I can watch subbed AND dubbed. Alucard as portrayed here isn't my favorite version of the namesake, but he does command much respect. Interestingly, it was people randomly IMing me on AIM asking if my screen name (Alucard13Dracula) was based off of Hellsing that got me into it. [size=8pt]I had made it based on my Castlevania obsession.[/size] I've got the manga as well, but I'd like to get rid of them after having read them. I like them, but I'm not obsessed enough with the series to hold onto them.
    [/quote]

Ah, a fellow Symphony of the Night fan I assume? ;D

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt

Yes, though I actually got to know Alucard from Dracula's Curse on NES. I love the SotN version best because he's got those cursed curls like I do xD Plus I'm the kind of person who bought the Rondo of Blood remake on the pspieceofshit JUST to unlock Symphony for on the go playing lol.

I come from the net

A bit of reviving dead topics, but it's a manga about the undead, so we should be okay. Also, Hellsing just ended, so it would be interesting to see people's thoughts on the series as a whole.

Upon rereading it all at once, the later chapters really seem much more coherent to me. I guess reading a chapter every two months is bad pacing. As a whole, I loved the series, and some of the characters are going to go down in my top manga characters of all time, easily.