With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl DS

I'm a Maniac

Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl DS

Electric's continually been shafted through the generations, so I'm happy to see it has some new entries this time around.

That said, I think Nintendo've done a lot of really stupid things with this release.

- One-way transfer. Pardon? What if I put Latios over to Diamond, then I get Pearl and decide I want him in that instead?
    - What happens if you transfer over that shiny Geodude you worked so hard to get, then accidentally kill it trying to recapture it?
    - Battle Tower. Okay, yeah, it's a good idea to be able to download teams and stuff, but why do we need friend codes for direct battling?
    - And on that note, it would've been the best idea ever to be able to swap Friend Codes online, through the actual game. I've been waiting for them to implement this in a game for ages, and this was their big chance. And they didn't. C'mon, wouldn't you like to say "That was a great match, let's swap codes and battle again!"
    - The Global Trade Station only seems to cover Japan. Does that mean the same'll apply for America and Europe? No intercontinental trades, battles or anything?
    - I don't like the new designs, I find them horribly like something a 5-year-old would draw. But that's just my preference, I'm still attached to the Kanto gang.

I'm going digital

Yeah, I dislike the idea of one way trading too, especially if I want to use them in something like Colosseum or XD, as Battle Revolution probably isn't going to be out for a while after Diamond/Pearl gets translated. Though, it may have to do with technical stuff as well, as I'm not sure how compatible DS and GBA data is.

Though, couldn't you just trade it from Diamond to Pearl that way? Though you'd need two DSes then. And I hear the Park where you have to recapture your old Pokemon (which still sounds like a stupid idea), has a Park Ball with a 100% capture rate, the main problem is finding your Pokemon, something like the rarer the Pokemon, the harder it'll be to find, but supposedly, once you do, you just toss the Park Ball, and you've got it.

I agree that the designs seem to be getting weirder with each generation. With the G/S/C generation, I didn't mind to much, but from the R/S/E generation onward, the designs seem to be getting stranger. I still miss the old R/B/Y days. Kanto was the best.
    I'm just a figment of someone's imagination.

I'm going digital

Wow, these new videos are amazing. Thank God they brought night and day back into this one...

And I sorta like the 're-capture' idea, for some reason. I must just be weird or something. XDDDD

Dang, all we need now is a remake of G/S/C on DS, and it'll be possible to truly catch 'em all on just handheld systems.
    Avatar made by the DigistarDBZ! (Who else makes Kurata avatars?) ^^

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar

Thats WHat I've been thinking but I think they will only remake Gold and Silver and not Crystal because when they remade Red and green the Didnt remake blue or yellow they could have used water blue and electic yellow.
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

I come from the net

Yes but what would they call crystal? You could call it Gold Sun and Silver Moon. But what could you call crystal.

Completely digital

Clear Crystal?
    I may be lying

Ain't got no mojo...

People they will NOT make a G/S/C Remake, because it is already possible to get all the pokemon with the current remakes, thus the reason for their existence. (also the reason why GSC will not be remade)

I'm a Maniac

OK, I preordered Diamond today, I'll have it Thursday. I'll let you all know how it is.

Completely digital

"Expect some MAJOR stuff over the next 48 hours"
    -Serebii

yup, this makes me happy
    I may be lying

So that means if I transfer my Mew over to D/P, I'll have to spend hours looking for it? Not very fun. Same with my Jirachi, Groudon, and Kyogre. I'm not so sure about this transfer stuff now...
    Past names: ArmchairRomeo, DotAgumon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast